Heartless people?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Heartless people?

Postby StLGooner » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:56 pm

I don't think relationships are a natural part of our make up as humans. Sex definitely is, but being in a relationship and having 1 partner forever I don't believe is. So therefore many of us will never feel comfortable being in one, and that is just down to nature.

I'm married, and my wife is lovely and damn near perfect, but I hate being in a relationship cause it goes against my instincts.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Jay22 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I don't think relationships are a natural part of our make up as humans. Sex definitely is, but being in a relationship and having 1 partner forever I don't believe is. So therefore many of us will never feel comfortable being in one, and that is just down to nature.

I'm married, and my wife is lovely and damn near perfect, but I hate being in a relationship cause it goes against my instincts.

If it's against your instincts, why did you chose to get married then?

Because 5 years ago when I got married I didn't realize all of this yet.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby djaxster » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:36 pm

I thought i blew my chance of settling down after splitting with my ex about 10 years ago. We had dated when we were 21 but she cheated on me. We got back together after 7 years and she'd had 2 kids by then. When we got back i told her that i wouldn't take any shit of her. First 12 months was fine but she started playing mind games so i played her back. For 2 years we were cheating and playing eachother. It was because i wanted to give up certain things to be with her but that freaked her out. I was willing to change my life for her. She still has 2-3 month relationships now but hasn't settled down.
We eventually split and about 6 months later I meet Mrs DJ. At first i was a bit of a bastard. She was smitten by me but i ignored her until one day my mate had a go at me. I did fancy her and as some of you know she's a bit older than me.
I knew what she wanted but i had it in my mind to stay single.
Any way we got together after a drunken night abd i have been with her for 9 years.
And this is the thing.

I lover her to bits but she loves me more. I have never had a girl love me more than i love her. Most girls i have been with have never been infaturated with me like she is and in 9 years she has never played games with me and i haven't with her.
My mate, who had a go at me, feels the same. He has always been the same as me and his wife tottally adores him and it's that special thing that attracts us to our other halves.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby dunkdafunk » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:17 pm

the trick to keeping a girl interested but not too emotional is to limit how often u see her, like 1 time every 2 weeks at most. And not a regular slot either.
But after she's let u into her bed a few times shes gonna start (to justify guilt surrounding to awseome sez) wanting to make this into a relationship, cos otherwise she feels like she is just being used or a slut.

in the bigger sceme of things, dont worry about settling down. eventually a chick will come along who makes u want to stop and take care of her. U will want to make love to her for years to come, and u aint gonna let another guy anywhere near her!
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Nothing to do with what's being discussed, but my brother has a form of autism called Aspergers syndrome and one of the characteristics is a complete lack of empathy or concern for another's feelings or well being. So you might say he is clinically heartless

Not saying you have that elk, you'd know if you did ;)
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:36 pm

I watched a really good film surrounding that that explained the syndrome really well. Must be really hard to live with it, as most people really wouldnt understand why a person behaves outside the accepted rules of human interaction.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby whee » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:53 am

I always thought i'd be shagging around, never committing to a single partner.

Then I met her, fell in love, married her and i'll do everything I can to ensure we are happy together for a long time.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:27 am

dunkdafunk wrote:the trick to keeping a girl interested but not too emotional is to limit how often u see her, like 1 time every 2 weeks at most. And not a regular slot either.

I think Natalie would wonder what was going on and why I didn't come home if I did that!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Bergkamp64 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:41 pm

I wish I was young again . I read this thread with a smile on my chops . In the big scheme of things you young fellas on here needn't dwell on it you know . Life's a long ol' road 'n all that . Enjoy being young and waking up with that permanent hard on while it lasts , 'cos it won't , and when it starts to diminish and your thoughts evolve toward mundane stuff like mortgages , taxes , and stability , you'll know when it's right for you 'n her to commit 'n all that . Christ I feel old .
Bergkamp64
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Swan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:50 am

Jay22 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I don't think relationships are a natural part of our make up as humans. Sex definitely is, but being in a relationship and having 1 partner forever I don't believe is. So therefore many of us will never feel comfortable being in one, and that is just down to nature.

lol..

if you only knew then what you know now...lol

edit..woops wrong quote..lol
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Swan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:52 am

ChVint22 wrote:
Jay22 wrote:

Because 5 years ago when I got married I didn't realize all of this yet.

here we go..

if you only knew then what you know now..lol
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Going on a mad sex holiday next summer :) :lol:

I think it''s best i f**k as much as I can in my 20's. Help me understand what i want
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to The Big Debate