Is FaceBook a waste of time?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Is FaceBook a waste of time?

Postby TartanRaven » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 am

centuries of perfectly orchestrated social lives are now suddenly enhanced by Farcebook? SRSLY?
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby TartanRaven » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:57 am

ChVint22 wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:If it weren't for me wanting to stay in touch with a few long distance friends, I'd probably shut down my FB. I hate all the corny f***ing post from people, and all the people that post those stupid f***ing quotes that you see everyday talking about how much they love life and they hate drama, then in their next post they talk about how life is so cruel and how they're involved in so much drama. f***ing hypocrites.

When I do post, I usually just talk about how evil religion is and that usually gets a few people heated. Had my wifes grandmother call me a terrorist. Apparently she didn't know that the average terrorist these days is actually following his god's orders. Stupid f***ing ****!!!

bet you're popular at family gatherings!

the stupid statuses can be pretty funny

My grandparents the hypocrites that they are, weren't too pleased to find out I was an atheist, but I never once heard them even utter the word religion or god in my life. So I told everyone if they don't like my thoughts against religion to unfriend me.

Why is it, that when I see that word, I just piss myself laughing?!?!
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:32 am

Going back in this thread i said yes it is a waste of time. Now i have changed my mind. Our Cat went missing for a few nights, We put out different types of appeals. Then a woman who had received one of our leaflets that we had posted in and around the area we live in. And she had discussed our Cat on facebook with someone else who had spotted her. So now we are really thankful to the 2 ladies and Facebook is top.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby AFC10 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:41 am

Twitter > Facebook
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TartanRaven » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:55 pm

exploring nostrils with index finger > Facebook
Deus Meus Et Omnia
TartanRaven
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby dj_jonty_uk » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:49 am

I like Facebook, because it reminds me how much i hate people every day..............
dj_jonty_uk
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Oh yes. There is somebody i REALLY hate too.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Tue May 29, 2012 11:52 pm

I f***ing hate people putting average things on fb. like for example now:' in 5 hours i need to work again with my great colleagues'
and im sitting here like.... dude, who gives a f**k?!
and 3 weeks ago i had a dude that put on his fb: 'in much pain.. on my way to the hospital'
I responded:

'BRB in so much pain i have to go to the hospitall
BRB in no so much pain because i can still make a fb status about it'
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:17 am

My girlfriend decided all of a sudden that she didn't like a friend of mine that I went to uni with... so she "unfriended" her.

Shouldn't make a difference in the real world, but f**k me! Things are awkward now!

Without facebook it would have simply been a case of doing your best to avoid someone, going through the motions on the odd accasion you bump into them, and just gradually forget about them... but thanks to facebook, it's turned into some kind of statement for everyone to see!

... of course my girlfriend could have just been mature enough to do all the above without making the statement :lol:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed May 30, 2012 12:37 am

Facebook has PISSED ME OFF SO MUCH. And I'll tell you for why.

Up until 2006. Facebook was literally for Uni/College students and businesses. You had to have a .edu email or something along those lines to be able to access it. In September 2006 I started my Freshman year at University and low and f***ing behold FB had become PUBLIC! - Now back then it was a big deal and I was quite excited to get a FB account because in cyber world it solidified my status as a Bonafide Uni student. But no, they had to go cock it all up!

That same year, I got with my partner and within 3 months I'd deleted my bloody FB quite frankly because she was [nonchalantly] unhappy w/ the amount of female friends I had... She wouldn't admit it, but I could tell. - But oh! The second she found out SHE could sign up (she didn't go to Uni) she made herself a fooking account!

Facebook has been nothing but trouble for me... Now I just have extremely close friends, fellow Actors and industry peeps to network with, on there. f**k the people I went to school with or previously worked with. If I've not got your phone number, I probably don't give a f**k about your 2yr olds first non-nappy poop or your teenage daughter's first f***ing period!
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:47 am

TRA Dial Square wrote:...I probably don't give a f**k about your 2yr olds first non-nappy poop or your teenage daughter's first f***ing period!

... don't start Dejan off! :hiding:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Maxduke » Wed May 30, 2012 12:49 am

If it's that bad, why keep it? :lol:

I made it to play Poker 1 night with some mates(bored) and then killed it off after that, if I cared what people were doing at a particular moment in time, I'd just ask them.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Wed May 30, 2012 1:57 am

I'm almost never on my account anymore.

I keep it active because there are a few people that I communicate through there with. Like a handful of peeped I went to grad school with, when we want to get together for dinner we will just send everybody an event invite, easier than calling or texting 10 people.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Thu May 31, 2012 9:40 pm

sigh :D

I have this woman on fb, she's allright but her fb are so goddamn annoying. She puts on fb what she's gonna do that day and shit. Like 5 min ago she put that she will be working this weekend and having a date. (even in comments she put that she might now show up on the date because she wants her ex back :dizzy: )

Now there is this option on fb that u will remain friends but not see the persons updates. So I did it with her and told her it. She now doesnt want to speak to me again :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Those inspirational pics etc annoy the bejesus out of me also. One girl who I actually went to the debs with waaay back in the day posts them every day. No one cares.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate