Doomsday/Rapture

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Doomsday/Rapture

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:59 am

ChVint22 wrote:
SE13 wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:It clearly says in the Bible that noone knows when God will return to earth so this guy is a complete loony giving most normal christians a bad name.

Appreciate your point, and your own belief, but it's people like him that make religious people look like nutters! Perhaps that's why people don't take it seriously?

I agree Chris. I posted the quote in my sig on facebook, and the response I got from my cousin who is a devote catholic, was because her god starts with a capital G, is why she dismisses all others. Its answers like that that you just have to shake your head at, and makes me wonder what kind of mind state someone has to be in to believe silly things like that. :dizzy:

agreed, I seriously think the way some people regard their own faith should be classed as a mental illness

mind you, the same could be said for supporting Arsenal...
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:40 am

I think people shouldn't concern themselves with other people's faiths just so long as they're not effected by them, and that goes for people with alternative faiths as well, not just those with and without faith. You can't expect to know what other people know unless you've lived their life, and it's the same case with people's experiences of faith. They might have experienced things which have convinced them beyond anything that one particular faith is the way to go... alternatively they may just have been raised that way and can't accept anything else.

It's a case of: leave them alone, they're not causing any harm... oh actually, this one's preaching that I should burn in hell cos I like a bit of bum sex... I'm gonna f**k him up, literally!

"Thou shall not judge" should be the motto for every faith. Get on with your own business and leave others to theirs... but as soon as you get all extreemist, be prepared for some serious ridiculing on some of that stuff you can't prove!

I've lived in a very multi-cultural place (Lewisham) my whole life, but it's a lovely place... kinda. You'll find racial tension everywhere you go these days, but most people get along. Lewisham like most parts of London and other major cities across the world has just about everyone living there. And I'll say this for Lewisham... if it wasn't for gang, knife, and youth crime, it'd be the best place on the planet! (yea, I just read that back to myself, I know how it sounds!) But in terms of acceptance, you'll find the closest group of friends containing the most diverse group of people, all able to debate spiritual and political subjects as we would debate football.

It's more than possible... just so long as people don't go and get all extremist and forceful! And it's not just those with faith that get like that, I've witnessed an argument before where an athiest simply couldn't accept that this other person believed in what she believed in. The athiest lady simply got more and more irate and became quite offensive... eventually she stormed out. She clearly had her own issues, but she was hell bent on debunking the ladies beliefs! Made no sense to me, it was exactly the same as those "sinners burn in hell" street preachers on the tube! Nothing but pure aggression and unwillingness to accept another persons views.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:19 pm

I agree with that Est, because in reality none of know the truths about life, everything is either faith, or a guess, or a theory, and none of know for sure, although some will say they do, but they really don't.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Exactly, that's why its called faith and not knowledge or wisdom.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Previous

Return to The Big Debate