Premonitions

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Premonitions

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:50 pm

I'm not giving either of you, your £2's back :naughty:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:51 pm

ChVint22 wrote:A couple of weeks ago at my sons' basketball game, I had a moment of Deja Vu, and I recognized it right away, and actually knew what the lady next to me was gonna do/say next. I've only told one person before this (now the whole world knows), because I didn't think anyone would believe me. I'm still a little weirded out about it.

A good flick about things like this, and the coloration between life, and dreams is called "A Waking Life". Check it out folks, it will change the way you think about life.

I will make sure to watch it, is it a film or a documentary?
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:47 am

I've had a few with sports... weird really. I would often visualize myself doing something before it happened.

Only when I'm playing though, so don't ask me to pick matches or anything like that.

I vividly remember one time when I was about 22 playing first base for my summer team. If you know much about playing first base, you know that it's not too common to have a ball hit to you. You're fielding throws from infielders all the time, but normally not a whole lot more. Even less in lower levels of baseball because there is a higher percentage of right handed hitters. I for some reason visualized myself fielding a line drive hit over my head by a right handed hitter, sure enough like 2 pitches later it happened. I didn't even have time to think about it, because I was holding a runner on and was only about 85ft from the plate. Guy hits a rocket over my head, just barely in my reach as I jumped to catch it.

I've also had several others, but they're in more "common" types of plays... like hitting a line drive into the gap or a homerun or something like that. I would just dismiss those though because they're things I would visualize far more often and put it down to coincidence.

But that line drive I caught was just creepy.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trina » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:20 am

TRA Dial Square wrote:I'm not giving either of you, your £2's back :naughty:

:lol: was worth a shot, haha
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Premonitions

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:21 am

lol
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:55 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:A couple of weeks ago at my sons' basketball game, I had a moment of Deja Vu, and I recognized it right away, and actually knew what the lady next to me was gonna do/say next. I've only told one person before this (now the whole world knows), because I didn't think anyone would believe me. I'm still a little weirded out about it.

A good flick about things like this, and the coloration between life, and dreams is called "A Waking Life". Check it out folks, it will change the way you think about life.

I will make sure to watch it, is it a film or a documentary?

Its more like a doc.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:54 pm

I think Deja Vu is more of a Future-Seer'ing thing rather than a premonition (yes they're different lol)

I believe "Premonitions" can be altered if they're "too negative" and you've got more than enough detail (a time, exact location etc).

Premonitions obviously occur prior to the event, Deja Vu has already occurred... Many people believe DJV has happened before because you've had a premonition in a dream but just do not recall having said dream. Makes sense as well considering we dream every single night we just do not always remember those dreams.

A lot of people also believe dreaming is our spirit travelling into alternative dimensions/Parallel points of the Earth and experiencing events as they happen there; prior to them happening in our corporeal world.

ETA: Meant to add here in this thread the one moment I didn't mention. Back when I was 19 I had a dream that I'd gotten on a crowded bus... Completely ram-packed but there was one girl I spotted and we just couldn't stop smiling at each other even though we were being crushed on the bus.

3-4 Yrs later I met my current gf of now 5yrs -- It wasn't until 6 months after though when she and I were on a bus together in London and it was ram-packed and she and I kept smiling/laughing at the situation that I then recalled the dream and realised she was 100000% the girl, I'd seen at 19.

Therefore my gf is quite literally "The girl of my dreams" *sticks tongue down throat* lol
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunflash » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:14 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
gzagee wrote:Was just chatting to a woman at work who said she'd had a dream 3 weeks ago about an earthquake and thousands dying. She told another colleague who has verified it. I asked her if she has these dreams often and she says she does but, she doesn't tell folks cos she gets called a witch and other sorts of abusive words.

premonitions, clairvoyance or ESP, call it what you want but, do you believe in it?

People call her a Witch?

Wtf is this the 16th century?

:doh:

As for premonitions, who knows? Like Est said we only use 10% of our brains, well he said 1/8th, close enough champ :Peace:

I used to get freaked out a lot by Deja Vu, i always used to get a sense when doing a specific thing, that i had been here doing it before, it wasn't just recounting a similar memory, it was identical.

Still get it now, even doing stupid things like picking up a pencil or pen i haven't used before, going to see a film i haven't seen.

Weird eh!

Did it involve watching Arsenal throw away a seemingly unassailable lead? :lol:
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:02 am

A couple of nights ago I dreamt of a nuke smashing into Sydney........

hope that doesn't come true
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby VCC » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:11 am

Gunner Down Under wrote:A couple of nights ago I dreamt of a nuke smashing into Sydney........

may be the radiation coming over from Japan,just the subconcious giving the information to you differently. hope not.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:55 pm

I had a dream that I was sat on a rock near a beach. A guy with a camera (who seemed to be talking to me as if he was on a documentary) was telling me that the world is beginning to "reset", destroying everything man made! He said "look it's starting!" and as I looked there was a massive wave covering land in the distance... obviously the dream was influenced by the Tsunami in Japan. Other stuff happened, like people stonning animals to death as they ran from the waves! :crazy:

Anyway, I actually came on this thread to tell TRA to update it every Wednesday and Saturday with 6 numbers!

... if ya know what I mean ;)

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:54 am

shon wrote:
Gunner Down Under wrote:A couple of nights ago I dreamt of a nuke smashing into Sydney........

may be the radiation coming over from Japan,just the subconcious giving the information to you differently. hope not.

Funny thing was is that I thought Libya sent it..... and that only a little bit of Sydney got destroyed..... fair enough
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:51 pm

This Sat's lottery numbers are....

...Oh, wait. :hiding:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Was proven on Mythbusters that the 10% part of your brain thing is indeed just a myth. Anyway I am not really sure what I think about premonitions, I think a lot of it is your brain playing tricks on you, like deja vu for example, but there is too many stores about people not boarding planes/ships etc because they had a bad feeling, then a disaster happening, for it to be all crap.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:13 am

Fabrestuta wrote:Was proven on Mythbusters that the 10% part of your brain thing is indeed just a myth.

I know you're only repeating what you've seen but... It may have said this, except if you go to any University which does Scientific Medical studies (Or use Google) you'll see that it has in fact already been [DISCLAIMER: Somewhat] Scientifically proven.

In which case then, why it was even on Myth Busters I'll never understand...
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate