Feminism gone too far? Agree or Disagree?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Feminism gone too far? Agree or Disagree?

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Est83 wrote:
gzagee wrote:
Est83 wrote:"Either you believe in equality or you don't" <<< sums it up really.

Do you also agree to the sentence before that: "Feminists are now amongst the most obnoxious bigots. You can't have it both ways. Either you believe in equality or you don't"?

To some extent. I don't want to generalise but it's true that some femenists (although I'm with Youngie on his thoughts on the name "femenist"... (see above)) are simply hypocrites. It's not just turning their nose up at chivalry or refusing to accept that men and women have different advantages and different flaws (simple biology!!!), some are just hateful and militant! You can't combat sexism with sexism, racism with racism, etc etc. Although I do think these femenists are a minority.

All the lines are blurred these days anyway... men spend more time infront of the mirror than women! Wearing pink, plucking eyebrows. Women running football forums ;) Soon no generalisation or stereotype will hold any truth! So you'd think that that would effect how men and women are seen in the work place. Because really that's what it's all about, financial equality! No-one would give a shit about subtle sexism if everyone was paid equally.

But on a serious note... you're at work, a female colleague gets a pay rise or a promotion of some kind. How can you be sure that it's not bullshit positive descrimination? Could you ever see yourself seriously claiming to be a victim of sexism? Whether this sexism against men is growing or not it'll have to be pretty damn obvious for anything to be done about it, because I can't see myself or any other guy I know burning briefs!

I agree, its kind of like a man claiming he was raped by a woman. We could only wish huh! :biggrin:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:18 pm

no we would,nt
seduction is 1 thing

rape is a vile cowardly act that is about power and violation
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby StLGooner » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:28 pm

starmandb wrote:no we would,nt
seduction is 1 thing

rape is a vile cowardly act that is about power and violation

Yeah, but what if the girl is :sneaky2: . :P
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Swan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:55 pm

ChVint22 wrote:He should just feel lucky he wasn't born a woman, or he'd have to give birth, bleed for a week each month, and take it up the poop shoot whenever his husband asked. That is enough right there to make me not want to ever complain about this. :)

that shit don't happen when you get married.. but i don't care i like the other part better :biggrin:
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:07 pm

ProudGooner wrote:women have way too many rights already. The more we give them the more greedy and ungrateful they become.

For fack sake we allow them to drive cars (now that is a facking hazard), let them vote, give them a share in inheritence that they dont deserve and the one that really pisses me off is the divorce law where by they get to keep half of a man's wealth for ironing his shirt, putting a kettle on every now and again and cooking some food.

For fack sake what the hell is wrong with the world? We even allow them to own football forums on the internet yet they are still not happy. Women need to ask themselves did they prefer the times when we use to drag them out of our caves by pulling their hair?

Best. Post. Ever.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to The Big Debate