financial issues

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

financial issues

Postby Dejan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Hello.

Is it really my fault?

I just had a huge fight with my mom about our financial situation. I hate it that theyre this stubborn.
Basically what just happend, We had 40 euro's left and we needed to do some shopping(food). So my dad went to a expensive supermarket while the cheap one is just 5km away. Which pisses me off bigtime, since my older brother said that he can go to the cheaper one with the car. My mom reaction was: it was only 40 euro so it makes no difference which supermarket, which pisses me off.

We have financial issues for years now, i think since the euro came, so around 10 years or so. And they are just not facing reality. When i was on high school, We had problems paying my school every year, I never couldnt go on schooltrips because of the lacking of money. I got my last birthday present when i was like 9 years old. I want to go back to school in september and achieve something where I can be proud of. Thats another thing my parents just dont understand, I think my dad dropped out of school when he was younger, so did my brother.. They just dont understand that I want to go back to school and study. They say i had chances enough while i only went to 1 highschool and graduated it :dontknow:
Anyway, my mom want to let me pay the whole education by myself, I will probably so that.. but im I stupid by thinking that in a healty financial family, the parents pay the school?

Anyway, My mom blames our bad financial kinda on me, since i dont have a regular job and cant pay anything. I know, I need a job as soon as possible. But this shouldnt be my fault surely? Which pisses me off aswell is that my parents smoke and drink like tony montana snives coke.

My brother had to pay 1000 euros last month because we couldnt make it financially. Seriously, are they this stupid to admit that we have big financial issues or are I am overaggerating?

Oh yeah, We have a visa debt of 5000 euros aswell, which my dad denied for a long time.

Is it really my fault, or are my parents just blind?
Advice needed by people that have/are been in the same situation

:think:

/rant :angry:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Re: financial issues

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Sorry to hear that mate, it sounds messy.
First of all, how old are you?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Sorry to hear that mate, it sounds messy.
First of all, how old are you?

Im 19, I graduated school when i was 17, after that I wanted to join the army. But couldnt because of a knee injury, earlier this year my knee healed and I had job interview with the army, It was fine, was waiting for my invitation for the army tests in November but then I got a letter which said that the accepting of any new soldiers have been cancelled due financial reasons of our goverment.

So thats why I dont have a job
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Ah right, that sucks.
At this age society expects you to be earning a living and your parents are no exception. Either that or you go to Uni or something.
Still, I get the impression that even if you had a well paid job right now it wouldn't make much difference to your parents problems as they seem to be just very bad with money.
Some people are awful at managing their money and should NEVER be allowed near a credit card. They seem to think that as it's not 'real' money they won't have to pay it back some day. :crazy:

I dunno what to suggest in your situation mate but if you get your own finances in order then you're in a very good position to start criticising your parents for their financial mismanagement.
You never know they might do something about it.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:21 am

thanks for the advice mate, appreciate it
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Return to The Big Debate