Alcoholism

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Alcoholism

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:06 am

Would make a great movie! Ever thought about writing a book?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Alcoholism

Postby VCC » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Would make a great movie! Ever thought about writing a book?

haha. No!. i have had a councellor use some of my more colourfull stuff in her masters papers.actually write poetry now.point is where you live and where you are from has big bearing on life ,but dosnt condem you to that life.thats why the now is important to an addict or alcoholic the future depends on the now.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Trina » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Dejan wrote:My parents are alcholics, so is my older brother. Im trying to find something to make them quit, or drink less.
My mom's is the most stubborn one, she's like 20 times more stubborn then Arsene f***ing Wenger. When I ask her why she drinks, she says she needs it and dont want to quit. She also says that im taking everything from her away by tryign to make her stop drinking because i also want my parents to stop smoking. My dad is less stubborn, he says to me that he wants to stop but then he does nothing about it. He is having a serious depression for a year now. So last week he wanted to stop, I think it lasted before 1 day before we had beer in the fridge again, and when i asked why we have alcohol again, my mom said: for emergency for your dad. I think its f***ing bullshit, if u keep taking alcohol, when in an emergency, you will never quit.

My brother is .. I dont know, He drinked pretty much in the last years and he is only 23 now. He wants to quit also(i think). I think since 1 week he is now drinking only in the weekends..

Anyway, i think its f***ing selfish of my parents that they drink/smoke so much. We have financial issues for years now, If they would stop drinking and smoking.. I think we would safe allmost 500 euros per month.. :dontknow:

Any advice apreciated

Thats a hard one Dejan, whilst I know you must be really worried about the financial situation and to you its clear cut, you have money problems so cut out the booze and cigs.

However, when you do smoke and drink and have financial problems, you use them as a way to escape it. Not in all cases, going from personal experience too. Its hard to hear from someone else too that you need to stop, especially when its your son/daughter. Shannon used to always get on at me for smoking and it used to hurt me that she didn't want me to because I knew she was right, I should of stopped, but yet I still didn't give it up.

You could always try sitting down and talking to them all, but if they drink and smoke all the time don;t expect them to totally cut it out. Try meeting in the middle and seeing if they will cut down bit by bit.

Hope it all works out for you and your family.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Absolutely echo every word of what Trina has said.

When one of the kids comes to us asking for something expensive, and we have to tell them that we can't afford it, then you see the sad face, and the comment "But you can afford cigarettes".... That cuts to the core!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to The Big Debate