Wikileaks

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Wikileaks

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Oh no doubt Fab, the difference is though, we took what wasn't ours...:smartass:

The Yanks just like a good poke, route around a bit and then they f**k off, bit like leaving the Fat Chic after Prom when she thinks she has found true love.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:23 pm

Heh good analogy, and in certain cases its true. Saddam was actually Americas boy during the Iran/Iraq war, and according to some of the things I have read the diplomat that was sent just before the invasion of Kuwait was a moron and Saddam took the opinion that America had given him free rein to attack Kuwait.

A little known fact is Kuwait was horizontal drilling and stealing Iraqi oil.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Leody » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:56 pm

America also more or less supplied the Taliban with everything they had in the beginning when the Afghan people were fighting Russia. We helped them win the war, then walked away and left all the reconstruction to Pakistan and Saudi Arabia... That turned out to be a great idea when the funded the Taliban warlords. :rolleyes:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:59 am

Shit happens Leody. A certain pussy basically gave away Czecheslovakia for a piece of paper then uttered the now infamous "piece in our times" sentence. How did that work out?
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Leody wrote:America also more or less supplied the Taliban with everything they had in the beginning when the Afghan people were fighting Russia. We helped them win the war, then walked away and left all the reconstruction to Pakistan and Saudi Arabia... That turned out to be a great idea when the funded the Taliban warlords. :rolleyes:

Didn't America more or less fund The IRA on their campaign of terror on the mainland, yet cry foul when acts of terror happened there?

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Leody » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:18 pm

I'm not as up to speed on the IRA honestly.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:37 pm

SE13 wrote:
Leody wrote:America also more or less supplied the Taliban with everything they had in the beginning when the Afghan people were fighting Russia. We helped them win the war, then walked away and left all the reconstruction to Pakistan and Saudi Arabia... That turned out to be a great idea when the funded the Taliban warlords. :rolleyes:

Didn't America more or less fund The IRA on their campaign of terror on the mainland, yet cry foul when acts of terror happened there?

No man. The IRA got money from rich ex pats in America but its not like the American government were shipping money and weapons.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Have you read about Dynscorp and child prostitution? That is the sort of stuff that needs to come out and I fully support Wikileaks in this. I read that 95% of their profit comes from the American taxpayer so hopefully the American people will kick up a stink about it and not brush it aside because it was wikileaks that informed them.

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/12/07/re ... s-cab.html

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201012 ... ts-dynco...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/0 ... 93816.html

http://www.citystatetimes.com/911320/wi ... ghanistan/

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2010 ... _up_of.php
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby liam_cork » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:54 am

heres something i noticed on the swedish laws

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11946652
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:00 pm

That's seriously f**ked up Rev! Really hope something gets done about that!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:08 pm

I know est, it is horrifying

Here is more about major corporations silently taking control of an entire governments

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010 ... ria-spying

That is disgraceful and representative of many things I hate about the business and corporate world the west promotes. God knows what other corporations are doing around the world. To think that we as taxpayers probably bailed out banks who go about themselves in similar immoral fashion, we pay, they play. Money well and truely corrupts.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:45 am

So to summarise: like everything else in life, Wikileaks comes with the good and the bad.

No matter what peoples views on Wikileaks are, things like this need to be made known!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Gunner Down Under » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:10 am

Things that Rev posted about Shell taking hold of Nigeria definitely need to be known, they just don't need to post online every single thing that they find that can also endanger the lives of others.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ManicDefender » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:19 am

This whole Wikileaks situation really has opened a can of worns. Then you have team Anonymous who are threatening to bring everyone down who opposes Wikileaks. Would they really have enough resources to take down the likes of Facebook?

Also didn't they send a warning to Twitter? But they use Twitter to communicate with the outside. So how would that work? lol
ManicDefender
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gzagee » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:38 pm

The War You Don't See - A film by John Pilger. Now on ITV1.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate