Wikileaks

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Wikileaks

Postby gzagee » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:33 am

What you're about to see is footage of a US apache operation followed by the recounting of events by former US soldier Ethan McCord (he is the soldier you see in the 2nd video carrying a victim to safety.

Video 1 US Apache Ops footage:

Video 2 Former US soldier Ethan McCord's recounting of events:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Leody » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:34 pm

This made me laugh... have to love the irony.

Transparency is great... when it's not your dirty laundry that's being exposed, eh Jullian? You hypocrite.

Lawyers cry foul over leak of Julian Assange sex-case papers

LAWYERS for Julian Assange have expressed anger about an alleged smear campaign against the Australian WikiLeaks founder.

Incriminating police files were published in the British newspaper that has used him as its source for hundreds of leaked US embassy cables.

In a move that surprised many of Mr Assange's closest supporters on Saturday, The Guardian newspaper published previously unseen police documents that accused Mr Assange in graphic detail of sexually assaulting two Swedish women. One witness is said to have stated: "Not only had it been the world's worst screw, it had also been violent."

Bjorn Hurtig, Mr Assange's Swedish lawyer, said he would lodge a formal complaint to the authorities and ask them to investigate how such sensitive police material leaked into the public domain. "It is with great concern that I hear about this because it puts Julian and his defence in a bad position," he told a colleague.

"I do not like the idea that Julian may be forced into a trial in the media. And I feel especially concerned that he will be presented with the evidence in his own language for the first time when reading the newspaper. I do not know who has given these documents to the media, but the purpose can only be one thing - trying to make Julian look bad."

Mr Assange is facing criminal allegations in Sweden over claims by two women that he sexually assaulted them while he was in the country earlier this year.

Another supporter close to the WikiLeaks founder said the leak appeared designed by the authorities in Sweden to jeopardise Mr Assange's defence. "There has been a selective smear through the disclosure of material. That material, in Swedish, was passed to a journalist at The Guardian," a source said. "The timing appears to have been cynically calculated to have the material published in the middle of the bail application and the appeal."

Mr Assange, 39, was arrested and held in custody at Wandsworth prison in south London after Sweden issued an extradition request. He was released on bail last week after a High Court judge dismissed an appeal by the British authorities, on behalf of the Swedes, to overturn an earlier decision to free him.

The Australian was told that he could walk free on a surety of £275,000 ($432,305). The money came from nine celebrity backers including Jemima Khan and Bianca Jagger.

In an editorial, The Guardian defended its decision to report on the incriminating police files. It said having been given access to the official papers, it had a duty to present a "brief summary" of the sex allegations against Mr Assange, together with his response.

Others were less enthused by The Guardian's treatment of its top source, pointing out that this is someone whom the newspaper has elevated into hero status as a campaigner for freedom of information. Some commentators point to the apparent hypocrisy of some of Mr Assange's supporters, such as the journalist John Pilger, bemoaning the Swedish police leaks, given their campaign for a man whose life is devoted to publishing confidential material. "Hoist by his own petard," said one observer.

Ever since the sex assault claims surfaced, Mr Assange has claimed that they are part of a conspiracy by the Swedes and the Americans to punish him for having masterminded the leak of the US cables. His lawyers, including Mark Stephens, are confident they can stop Mr Assange's extradition on both legal and human rights grounds. They point out that the offence of "minor rape", with which he may be charged, has no equivalent in British law because the accused can be guilty even if a woman consents.

A spokesman for The Guardian said: "Julian is not a confidential source. The argument that the papers involved with the WikiLeaks cables should not report criticism of him is one all journalists would find ridiculous."

The Sunday Times

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wo ... 5973548657
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:40 pm

lol typical.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby whee » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:14 am

In my opinion, Assange is a dead man walking.

If the yanks don't do it, the Arabs will.

How you can try and f**k off an entire planet, by publishing information you were never entitled to see, then plead you were acting in good spirit, is beyond me.

You've made you're bed, fuckwit, and soon you'll lie in it.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Wikileaks

Postby Cheese » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:19 am

Agree he's a dead man walking. It wouldn't surprise me if he tops himself or just disappears off the face of the earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:22 am

Attention seeker.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Ha nice find Leody. Oh the poor bloke. He posts information that could lead to people being killed, but the big bad newspaper was mean and posted info about him raping women. How dare they.

You reap what you sow. Don't give a f**k what happens to him. In fact if I had a pocket full of fucks I wouldn't give him one.
Last edited by Fabrestuta on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Leody » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Yeah I heard about the story a few days ago on Red Eye. It's a "news" show that's on at 3am on Fox News. (I DVR it)

I use the term news loosely because it's more just people making fun of lots of world news. But they got a good laugh out of that story. I recommend the show to everybody. It's f***ing hilarious. DVR it one night.

Host's website: http://www.dailygut.com
Show: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/red-eye/index.html
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Will check that out, well as long as lady Fab doesn't delete it. She deleted all my Walking Deads and everything else I had saved. :shifty:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Dejan » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:02 pm

havent seen anything about wikileaks on the news lately, any new updates?
Is assange a free man?
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Dejan wrote:havent seen anything about wikileaks on the news lately, any new updates?
Is assange a free man?

Apparently something about UFO's is on it's way although that could just be a christmas wind up by the hearsay press
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:32 am

bump. havent heard from this in agesss. so where is the guy from wikileaks now? getting torchered in a secret jail??
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:15 am

I wonder what is happening with the US soldier as well.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to The Big Debate