Committing Suicide

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Committing Suicide

Postby Trina » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:59 pm

After a lot of comments I've read tonight, thought I would see other peoples thoughts on this.

How do you feel about it? Obviously its a terrible thing without a doubt.

Personally I think it's selfish and I do have personal reasons for that. Especially if the person is fit and healthy, has family and kids.

Brought it all back to me with what happened to Newton. My Uncle hung himself and left a note for his daughter and wife. 5 years later I went to the daughters birthday party, she was in the toilet with a friend talking about how much she missed her dad and blamed herself for him doing it. She was 16 years old at this point.

She was in pieces and its something I will never forget.

Then there is the other side of being ill, especially terminally ill. If someone was in that condition and in pain then could you blame them?

I know there is a thread on assisting suicide, but this is committing it.

Thoughts?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Committing Suicide

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:01 pm

Cowards way out.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Someone always has it worse than you.

EDIT - I disagree with 2010 Massa.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Maxduke » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:05 pm

I think it's different for everyone, I mean what if it's a teenage girl being abused by her dad or something? She can't see no end to it so she commits suicide.

Each case is different but on a whole I don't think people should do it but sometimes there may be no other way out.

Sorry if this post sounded abit sick.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:13 pm

Maxduke wrote:I think it's different for everyone, I mean what if it's a teenage girl being abused by her dad or something? She can't see no end to it so she commits suicide.

Each case is different but on a whole I don't think people should do it but sometimes there may be no other way out.

Sorry if this post sounded abit sick.

Didn't at all, but there is always a way out.Massa made a good point, but it's hard to think like that sometimes.

When I was younger I went through the cutting stage due to abuse of an ex, but I never did it properly because all I could think of was Shannon (she was only a few yrs old) and I just couldn't leave her behind.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:19 pm

I reckon Newton got messed up in the head when he got banned for 2 years for drug cheating.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Like Max said, life is different for everybody, some get to the point where they just can't take it anymore, its easy to sit here and say they're cowards, but until you walk in their shoes you'll never know just how bad it got for them. Life can be cruel, most cases of suicide its probably not as bad as it seems, but I could see why some people do it. I would never have the balls to kill myself, plus I have a son that I couldn't leave behind, not to mention Arsenal. ;)

There is a documentary about suicide called "The Bridge", its based off of all the people that jump off the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco each year to commit suicide, its the most popular place to commit suicide apparently, and people travel from all across the world to go there to die. Its a very eery kind of film, but for some reason I couldn't stop watching it, but afterward you'll appreciate life a bit more.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:31 pm

As GunnGunn said... Cowards way out.

It may sound harsh,but it really is the truth.
There is ALWAYS another option and yes those people might feel they are making the best descion in thier situation,but that still doesn't mean the act is any less cowardly.

Girl I went to school with killed herself a few weeks ago, she had to daughters under the age of five... Couldn't believe that she would just topp herself and leave her two daughters to live themselves.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Forest » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:38 pm

ChVint22 wrote:L I would never have the balls to kill myself

Me too, id be affraid i wouldnt die if jump off something, hit the floor and survive paralysised or something etc.

Member of my mums family commited suicide and he was over 60 which is suprising, no signs of depression or was down, just one day went to the woods and hung himself, we'll never know why.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:40 pm

Me too, id be affraid i wouldnt die if jump off something, hit the floor and survive paralysised or something etc.

:rofll: Imagine that? Trying to kill yourself,but messing it up and having to live the rest of your life as a vegtable.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:41 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Like Max said, life is different for everybody, some get to the point where they just can't take it anymore, its easy to sit here and say they're cowards, but until you walk in their shoes you'll never know just how bad it got for them. Life can be cruel, most cases of suicide its probably not as bad as it seems, but I could see why some people do it. I would never have the balls to kill myself, plus I have a son that I couldn't leave behind, not to mention Arsenal. ;)

Agree with this
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:43 pm

I don't want to go into the details butI tried it when I was younger. Took an overdose and ended up in hospital. Got my stomaqch pumped and had to drink two bottles of charcoal which was nasty. Turns your shit jet black for days.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:53 pm

You tried it?

Its not a bit of blue cheese Fab ffs! Anyway, glad you are ok now, where would i be without you in my life you helmet! ;)

I am not going to slate anyone for having the thoughts or even trying but IMO there is always another option, always.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Lol well my mam found me. I took 2 boxes of cold medicine and a box of Solpadeine, I was unconscious on the floor of my bedroom. Anyway I was young and stupid, also had a bit of a drug problem at the time so my head wasn't exactly straight.

Anyway sometimes people can't see another way out. I was made to go to a shrink and support group and there was one girl who had tried it 4 or 5 times.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:02 pm

I was reading a few days ago about a Woman who wanted a suicide partner, advertised on a suicide forum and got one, they even had tutorial sections of household chemicals that can be mixed to form toxic gases that in confined spaces can kill...

Madness.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to The Big Debate