Ground Zero

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Ground Zero

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:48 pm

I looked at some pics on google man that looks so nasty
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Yeah I guess if you're buying mass quantities a few pennies here and there adds up quick.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:49 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:McDonalds and Burger King do. Real cheese is way more expensive than processed

Cheese is quite expensive over here so loads of places use processed
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:55 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:McDonalds and Burger King do. Real cheese is way more expensive than processed

We've got more cows here than we know what to do with... haha :dizzy:

Just checked the local grocery store here. A lb of shredded cheddar cheese is $3.99, or £2.58. How's that compare to what you spend?

Man I need to find something better to do with my time.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:57 pm

All the fast food places used sliced (processed) cheese as far as I know leody. EDIT: Not taco hell as they used grated cheese.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Leody wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:

Just checked the local grocery store here. A lb of shredded cheddar cheese is $3.99, or £2.58. How's that compare to what you spend?

Depends on quality like anything. I spose anything from £1 to £5

When you make a cheese sandwich do you use real cheese or cheese slices? It's probably not representative but I seen on tv and movies where people just unwrap a cheese slice, put it in some bread and eat it wtf
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:02 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:

When you make a cheese sandwich do you use real cheese or cheese slices? It's probably not representative but I seen on tv and movies where people just unwrap a cheese slice, put it in some bread and eat it wtf

Sliced cheese usually, but I don't eat plain cheese sandwiches like that, its usually grilled cheese sandwiches, where you put butter on the outside of each piece of bread, then a couple of slices in the middle and grill each side of the bread in a skillet. Yummy!!! You can use real cheese, and I'm sure it would be better.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:04 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:

I don't do cheese sandwiches, but I know people that will just take two slices of bread, butter each, throw a slice like you say on it and then grill it in a frying pan... :dizzy:

And Fabs, I really wouldn't know honestly if you were right or not. I eat taco bell once in a blue moon while drunk or after the bars and grill chicken sandwiches from Wendy's with just lettuce so I wouldn't know. Other than that I'm eating at home.

Edit: I forgot about Chipotle, I'll eat out there too. Those burritos are amazing, but they put me in a food coma so I don't go there often.
Last edited by Leody on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:04 pm

GASP

You can't make a sambo with sliced cheese....chavster you barbarian.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:06 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:

Sliced cheese usually, but I don't eat plain cheese sandwiches like that, its usually grilled cheese sandwiches, where you put butter on the outside of each piece of bread, then a couple of slices in the middle and grill each side of the bread in a skillet. Yummy!!! You can use real cheese, and I'm sure it would be better.

Ok, if I'm understanding that correcntly then we just call that a Toasty. And we do use real cheese haha. I can't see why you'd want to use processed slices :dizzy:
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:07 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:

Ok, if I'm understanding that correcntly then we just call that a Toasty. And we do use real cheese haha. I can't see why you'd want to use processed slices :dizzy:

Its cheaper, and its what I grew up with, so don't really know any better, and its already sliced, just quicker and easier to be honest.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:13 pm

I think Fab needs to go round and show you the error of your ways

Course my mate puts ketchup on everything including pasta bake and pizza so it's not just you guys with dodgy eating habits
Last edited by CynicalGooner on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Ketchup on pasta!?!?!?!

That's sacrilege!!!
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:20 pm

WTF did I do to this thread :lol:

My desire for Taco Bell has diminished if it is really that bad. It's a shame as I love Mexican food.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Course my mate puts ketchup on everything including pasta bake and pizza so it's not just you guys with dodgy eating habits

That's a sure sign he grew up eating tasteless food. My mates wife puts tomato sauce on everything. She said her mams cooking had absolutely no taste so the whole family would drown their dinner in sauce.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate