Schools advised against swimming lessons in Ramadan

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Schools advised against swimming lessons in Ramadan

Postby IMF » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:44 pm

SE13 wrote:Remembering the recent post regarding personal attacks, can I just remind everyone to adhere to the guidelines

Religion and politics seem to spark major differences here, and it always seems to knock on to different threads, it isn't allowed, so please don't.

Remember, I don't take sides on religion nor race, and although I have very strong anti-Labour views on politics after that last 13 years, I remain neutral on all points and all people regardless. I won't hesitate to use the powers at my disposal to diffuse such arguments, so please remember that while you may have a viewpoint on one thing, virtually everyone else will have a different outlook.

Incidentally, I took some statistics from recent census and local news, and based on those, there are roughly 30,000 Muslims in Britain out of a population of just around 61,000,000. There were over 65,000 Pagans in the last census.

30K muslims? Are you serious SE13?? There's probably more than 30K in Ilford alone!! lol

In 2008 there were 2,065,012 muslims in Britain. Slightly off your figure of 30K unless you were talking about a census from 1941.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Forest » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Census? doesnt it come out that 4% of the population are 'Religion: Jedi' or something lol
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:08 pm

Not sure where I got that figure from......

Anyhow, the result of the 2001 census says there are 1,588,890 Muslims in Britain. See: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=954

EDIT
The figure came from the estimated amount of new Muslims since that census.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to The Big Debate