The "Race" Card

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

The "Race" Card

Postby SE13 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:23 pm

To be fair, I'm getting fairly p!ssed off with it now, but this happened locally.

A shoplifter was intercepted trying to make his way out of the store with stolen goods, and has managed to get let off for now because the manageress only picked on him "because of his skin colour" he claimed.

So now it's all gone to review, and the likelihood is that he'll get away with it, and have the manageress sacked for racist actions.

I've stuck my neck out, I know the lady concerned, and while I don't get on with her, her actions were no different to that of any other customer, and I'm backing her all the way much as I hate her.

This race card is getting all too silly now, and people don't seem to need an excuse to pull it out.

Anyone who knows me, has met me, or has read my posts on here knows I don't give a stuff what colour your skin is, what religion you are, to me, we're all the same people, we just look different much as two white people look different, two Asians look different, at the end of the day, we are all Human, and breathe the same oxygen and bleed the same blood.

Surely it's got to be time to stop all this now, for crying out loud, this is 2010 and not 1850!

<Deep breath, and relax>

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: The "Race" Card

Postby gzagee » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:44 pm

If that's what happened then I agree.
How someone committing a crime can get off playing the race card is beyond me.
I mean, Johnny Cochrane's dead now, ain't he?!

PS. if the defence argues there are other instances where peeps have gotten away free then a review of the shop's security procedures needs to be looked into.
But that shouldn't affect the outcome of this casee in any way shape or form.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:18 pm

I absolutley HATE people who play the Race Card as its a disgusting tatic used to get out of a situation.
Whats even work is when people fall for it.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 pm

She's an annoying t**t at the best of times, but one thing she ain't is is racist. She talks to everyone on the same evil level, and the "I'm higher than you" approach.

But the one thing she doesn't deserve is that thrown in her face, she's dressed him down in exactly the same manner that she dressed me down when I went in there pissed one time trying to buy more beer.

He's pulled the card, and for me, that's racism in reverse.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:25 pm

I agree, most people that pull the race card are in fact racist themselves.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 pm

I agree SE, I don't discriminate by race, colour or creed either....I hate everybody equally.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Massa » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:23 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:I agree SE, I don't discriminate by race, colour or creed either....I hate everybody equally.

Is it cause I ain't white?
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Massa wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:I agree SE, I don't discriminate by race, colour or creed either....I hate everybody equally.

Is it cause I ain't white?

:grin:

Ali G in da house.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Est83 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:28 am

I hope I'm not going off the point too much here, but I'll say it anyway.

I'm currently studying Primary Education, and towards the end of the year I attended a seminar on... I dunno, something to do with race in the classroom. Sounded interesting (how wrong I was).

It started off, typically, with us being asked "What does 'race' mean to you?" :think: and the responses were typically 'heritage' 'culture' etc etc *caugh* bullshit *caugh* Now, I live in a very diverse part of the country, and I'm part of a melting pot of people and cultures, the majority of whom call themselves British (this British melting pot includes white guys who listen to bashment and talk Jamaican/English patois - because that's all they know - and black guys who talk cockney, won't touch spicey food, love tomato ketchup and wont miss Eastenders for anything!). My feelings towards this seminar was that it was geered to teach us to be politically correct, and sensetive towards differences (strange, as it suddenly focuses all your attention on those differences).

On occasion the lecturers would talk about a given scenario, almost always based on a situation where there would be a single black child in a white classroom, a single Muslim child in a Christian classroom, or something similar. I didn't like this at all as I could not relate to this in anyway. The majority of my classmates at school were black, and if I went to the same school now my only white classmates would be Eastern European. Now one thing these lecturers failed to recognise was that things have changed since their day! I've witnessed pretty harsh sounding racist arguments between the best of friends, and I'm not talking about 'racial banter', more of a tiff, but something that would be forgotten after five minutes. I tried to raise this point. I had witnessed this in a Primary School classroom in year five. Two girls, best friends, they have an argument, and all of a sudden it's "you black..." "you white..." back and forth. Five minutes later they're best friends because things are so different now that being a different nationality or faith, or in particular just having different colour skin (but being British) is nothing at all. To these girls, the colour of their skin didn't represent their culture or their past, it didn't represent anything. They were two individuals who just happened to have different colour skin. They yelled abuse at eachother but had no intention of insulting whole cultures or countries. Distinguishing features come out when you're verbally taring someone apart, but most - apart from the more sensetive - can forget about it. I wasn't trying to say that this was ok, or that it was appropriate for the classroom... because the fact is, you can't even tease the ginger kids at school anymore (what is this world coming to!) I was just trying to say that people think differently about these issues now. The lecturer pretty much took the piss out of me, I actually had to laugh! She responded with an "I disagree" and then just turned away to carry on talking about how sensetive we should be, and how these poor little children suffer in our white classrooms.

Globalisation has taken grip, and whatever your opinions on 'loss' or 'curruption' of culture is (which I think is bullshit), get used to it.

My point (finally) is that the same middle/higher class ALIENS who don't live in the real world, who spend all their time thinking up the politically correct ways that you can think, talk, eat, sleep and breathe, are the same c**ts who shit themselves as soon as they hear the race card being pulled out. It's actually them who fail to realise that black, asian, arabic, Muslic, Hindu etc people are an integrated part of Britain and it's culture, and it's them who still treat these people as 'different'.

So anyway... I've had more than a few pints tonight, and I hope it makes sense... more importantly I hope there's a link between then subject and that bloody essay I just wrote!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby SE13 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:12 am

Well, I was born and brought up in Lewisham, and anyone knowing that area will know how multi-cultural it is. But I grew up knowing that Johnny with the black skin was just Johnny. April, that girl down the street that was Asian was in fact April. Freddie, the lad in the next flat with white skin was Freddie. Everyone was the same, we just looked a bit different. It was second nature that we looked different, and that was about as far as it ever went. On the odd occasion, we'd (whites) be called "chalky" and although we did have a name for anyone non-white, it's not PC correct any more.

Moving to Lincoln was something else! A City of roughly 100,000 people (so 80 times less population) and there were only nine people in the 1991 census that weren't white. As different cultures moved here over the years, I was astounded by the levels of hatred displayed at them, and from that point onwards I've made a point of showing my hatred of racism.

I suppose the point of the OP was the reverse tactics being used, and it isn't right.

What next? I've been nicked by the OB because I've got blue eyes? I've been refused beer not because I'm out of my face on the stuff, but because I have a huge amount of baldness?

It's getting beyond the joke now, it's high time people grew up and took a look in the mirror, and see what reflects back. 100% of the time it'll be a human being.

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby djaxster » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:34 am

Est83 wrote: They yelled abuse at eachother but I wasn't trying to say that this was ok, or that it was appropriate for the classroom... because the fact is, you can't even tease the ginger kids at school anymore (what is this world coming to!)

Too right.. How is it wrong to call someone by a racist name yet you can say what ever you want to a wee kid with ginger hair and get away with it...
Seriously. Ask anyone with ginger hair what it was like at school and they will tell you hell...

Onto a point that happened to my best friend..
He' is a ticket inspector( and a ***. So yea double **** lol) and works with other races.
He saw one of his Afro/english co- workers letting an other a guy who was same race go through with out having a ticket and not being fined, as is the rule.
My mate reported him for not doing his job correctly and the guy played the race card on him and my mate was investigated but was not found guilty as it was found that this guy always pulls the race card when he gets in trouble..and he still works there cos they are scaredof him pulling this trick all the time..
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby djaxster » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:41 am

SE13 wrote:Well, I was born and brought up in Lewisham, and anyone knowing that area will know how multi-cultural it is. But I grew up knowing that Johnny with the black skin was just Johnny. April, that girl down the street that was Asian was in fact April. Freddie, the lad in the next flat with white skin was Freddie. Everyone was the same, we just looked a bit different. It was second nature that we looked different, and that was about as far as it ever went. On the odd occasion, we'd (whites) be called "chalky" and although we did have a name for anyone non-white, it's not PC correct any more.

Moving to Lincoln was something else! A City of roughly 100,000 people (so 80 times less population) and there were only nine people in the 1991 census that weren't white. As different cultures moved here over the years, I was astounded by the levels of hatred displayed at them, and from that point onwards I've made a point of showing my hatred of racism.

I suppose the point of the OP was the reverse tactics being used, and it isn't right.

What next? I've been nicked by the OB because I've got blue eyes? I've been refused beer not because I'm out of my face on the stuff, but because I have a huge amount of baldness?

It's getting beyond the joke now, it's high time people grew up and took a look in the mirror, and see what reflects back. 100% of the time it'll be a human being.

Funny story and true:

One of my best mates and i had sat up till early hours of morning getting on it at my house and when he went to leave we were talking by the front door. My neighbours( a few doors down) were a black family and were having a party.
Me and my mate were watching them enjoying themselves when one of their guests turned to us and said" What up ain't you ever seen a black man before". He's mates were giggling trying not to bust a gut.
I looked at my mate astonished at what this guy said and my mate as quick as a flash replied
" nah mate i come from Lewisham" i was gone laughing my head off and all i could see was all thses black guys saying to their mate "ahh you been mugged off" and giving it to him for looking a fool... FAF
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby whee » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:12 pm

djaxster wrote:
Est83 wrote: They yelled abuse at eachother but I wasn't trying to say that this was ok, or that it was appropriate for the classroom... because the fact is, you can't even tease the ginger kids at school anymore (what is this world coming to!)

Too right.. How is it wrong to call someone by a racist name yet you can say what ever you want to a wee kid with ginger hair and get away with it...
Seriously. Ask anyone with ginger hair what it was like at school and they will tell you hell...

I was a proper red head as a nipper, and I had a harder first couple of years at school than any of the Bangladeshi kids. Racism is no different.

By the time I was 16, nobody gave me a hard time because I could stand up for myself and the Black kids, Nepalese kids, Bangladeshi kids all just cracked on with their own thing.

There's too many precious, PC helmets who are trying to be whiter than white and please everybody, who will shout "racist!!" at the drop of a hat.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gunRAR » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:30 pm

on other note ginger chicks are cute
gunRAR
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby djaxster » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:56 pm

gunRAR wrote:on other note ginger chicks are cute