Scum protest against British soldiers

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Scum protest against British soldiers

Postby Goose » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Im not picking everything apart, im just saying because a country is Muslim, it doesnt mean it has more in common with a country like Iran.

As I said before, the Bangladeshi judicial system is based on English Law, so although it is populated by mainly Muslims it is not closer to Iran than than it is to England.

And my other point of Nigeria being mainly Muslim, does not mean it has more similarities with Iran, than it would have with England.

It is just a generalisation because they are populated by Muslims that they are more like radical states than the West.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:10 pm

SE13 wrote:Oh joy! Another debate about people worshipping something that doesn't exist...... :hiding:

Not going to get into a debate about the existence of a higher power...but how do you know for sure there is no God? ;)
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
SE13 wrote:Oh joy! Another debate about people worshipping something that doesn't exist...... :hiding:

Not going to get into a debate about the existence of a higher power...but how do you know for sure there is no God? ;)

Well, he/she hasn't come and said hello to me.

I've said it time and again here, until someone can prove that this thing does exist, I'll refuse to believe it. (And don't quote me the Bible crap, that's about as believable as Humpty Dumpty.)

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:25 pm

SE13 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

Well, he/she hasn't come and said hello to me.

I've said it time and again here, until someone can prove that this thing does exist, I'll refuse to believe it. (And don't quote me the Bible crap, that's about as believable as Humpty Dumpty.)

The Bible is a book of parables, most sensible people know it is just supposed to be a guid line to lead a good life.
No one has ever actually seen a black hole, does that mean they don't exist?they believe they exist because of what they can't see.
I never said God did exist as obviously no one has ever seen him/her, but no one has ever proved he/she doesn't exist. Either way as I have faith I will lie on my death bed feeling at least some modicum of comfort if I believe in an afterlife.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Briggsy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:31 pm

God is real I've seen him! He wore 10 and played for the Arsenal
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooneritis » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:14 am

Briggsy wrote:lets not paper over this there are good and bad in all races maybe Gooneritis we could put up some videos of the BNP abusing Asians? etc there are always extremes, whilst I think the guys in the video are a to extreme and not making valid points. I'm not going down the road where I think all Muslims are bad and have extreme views. look at IMF top rate fella and done so much for me when I was in a bad way. there are good and bad in every race/religion and sex.
Gooneritis you seem to think the English are hard done by for some reason

Yes there's good and bad in every race, religion and creed that is obvious, but it's got nothing to do with this thread, i never once blamed all muslims as i quite clearly stated in my post i know it's only the minority, does that mean that the scum in this video don't deserve criticism? :rolleyes:
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:21 am

gooneritis wrote:
Briggsy wrote:lets not paper over this there are good and bad in all races maybe Gooneritis we could put up some videos of the BNP abusing Asians? etc there are always extremes, whilst I think the guys in the video are a to extreme and not making valid points. I'm not going down the road where I think all Muslims are bad and have extreme views. look at IMF top rate fella and done so much for me when I was in a bad way. there are good and bad in every race/religion and sex.

Yes there's good and bad in every race, religion and creed that is obvious, but it's got nothing to do with this thread, i never once blamed all muslims as i quite clearly stated in my post i know it's only the minority, does that mean that the scum in this video don't deserve criticism? :rolleyes:

Only if you are equally critical of the BNP and call them scum too. Otherwise you are a hypocrite.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby gooneritis » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:30 am

Goose wrote:Gooneritis, when was the last time you were in the UK?

It's all about banning flags and extremist protests.

The St Georges flag is flying all over London, I have seen Asians with the flag on their cars and Asian adults and children wearing England kit.

Trust me, it's not what you think

I've made two threads about this sort of thing in two years and I'm being tarnished as some ignorant racist, that's totally unfair, i just felt they were current issues that i was interested in peoples opinions of as im obviously overseas and can't tell what's true or what's not or what the general public opinion is. I was just interested in opinions, i was not pushing any form of agenda or hate mongering.

I realise possibly my wording in the thread could seem im questioning all asians when i ask why are they here, but that's purely poor wording and i apologise, i thought it would have been obvious that i was talking about these protestors who seem to hate the uk so much and i was in no way referring to asians or muslims in general :dontknow:
I believe the protestors in this video to be scum just as i do any NF protests etc.
Last edited by gooneritis on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooneritis » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:48 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
gooneritis wrote:

Only if you are equally critical of the BNP and call them scum too. Otherwise you are a hypocrite.

I would, and have, called the BNP scum, but this thread was not about the BNP, we can have seperate threads for criticising them. This thread was simply a criticism of a group of extremist protestors who i believe to be scum, just as i believe NF or BNP protesters are racist scum too.
Every time a BNP thread is started we all criticise them, it's ok to criticise the BNP and racist extremists (quite rightly) but if we equally criticise the Islamic terrorists everyone starts throwing the race card.
I've in no way stereotyped an entire race or relgion, people have made out i was calling all muslims or asians scum which i certainly was not.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooneritis » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:07 am

My apologies to everyone if my wording has come across poorly and I'm sorry for the misinterpretation, I think it's unfair that people have assumed I'm being racist simply because I'm criticising a minority group of protestors but i understand my wording may have been able to be interpreted as inflamatory.
Just to make clear i was certainly not criticising all asians or all muslims, i was simply criticising the group of protestors and i was interested in hearing other peoples opinions on this group of extremists, i certainly did not mean it to sound as a criticism of an entire race or religion.
When the thread title suggests scum protesting I felt it would've been obvious that i meant the scum are the protestors, but I'm sorry that it had come across that i was referring to Asians or all muslims as scum.

I believe this group deserve criticism just as i do the BNP or any right wing group there was no racial undertones or agendas being pushed, simply criticism of a group of scum, just as we criticise anything else in this section of the forum.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:13 am

I think it is because your two recent posts about the flags and the video both seem to use daily mail type rhetoric. I did a discourse analysis course once and had to review a daily mail article (about two white boys who were excluded from school) when I looked at how the paper used language to demonise the boys it was actually quite shocking.

Whilst I am sure it wasn't your intention to come across as racist, muslims do get a raw deal. Look at any british newspaper today, look for stories about crime. Look at a story about a white person who has committed a crime, does the headline say christian or atheist person commits crime? Not usually, it isn't felt necessary to mention the religious beliefs of the person. Then look at any story about a crime committed by a muslim, usually the headline is something along the lines of 'muslim commits crime'. That is a form of racism.

I haven't watched the video above, so I don't know if the protest was violent or not and I don't really have much knowledge about what the protest is about, but I remember lots of white English people in Devon going on an anti-war protest when we went into Iraq. There are lots of non-muslims who are against some of the wars we have been fighting. Are they scum too?
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby gooneritis » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:27 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:I think it is because your two recent posts about the flags and the video both seem to use daily mail type rhetoric. I did a discourse analysis course once and had to review a daily mail article (about two white boys who were excluded from school) when I looked at how the paper used language to demonise the boys it was actually quite shocking.

Whilst I am sure it wasn't your intention to come across as racist, muslims do get a raw deal. Look at any british newspaper today, look for stories about crime. Look at a story about a white person who has committed a crime, does the headline say christian or atheist person commits crime? Not usually, it isn't felt necessary to mention the religious beliefs of the person. Then look at any story about a crime committed by a muslim, usually the headline is something along the lines of 'muslim commits crime'. That is a form of racism.

I haven't watched the video above, so I don't know if the protest was violent or not and I don't really have much knowledge about what the protest is about, but I remember lots of white English people in Devon going on an anti-war protest when we went into Iraq. There are lots of non-muslims who are against some of the wars we have been fighting. Are they scum too?

What is disappointing for me is that i did not criticise an entire race or religion but because the group of protestors i was criticising happen to be muslim people throw the race card at me. Would people react that way if this thread were about the BNP? All these extremists of all races and religions deserve criticism.

I don't like anybody who openly makes the effort to confront the troops and protest against them. I'm not pro war at all but i find it totally disrespectful to confront and abuse young lads who're risking their lives for the country, they don't choose what wars they fight in and they deserve respect. I'm all in support of ending the war and bringing the troops home and i would probably side with the anti-war people, but not in protesting against the troops when they return home, they're brave men who could die doing the job they do. I may not agree with the cause and i think people are entitled to criticise the war itself and protest to the government, but not the troops imo.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:29 am

Fair enough :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Briggsy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:20 am

Gooneritis no one has labelled you a racist mate chill, and no one has played the race card but this is a touchy subjet in terms of the current climate. I think there is a way of saying the war is not right and declaring war on the countrythat you actually live in isn't the way. turning up at at Soilders parade isn't either! its just going to inflame voilence and put the group in a bad light like this video has. you can hear one one white guy telling them to f**k off home... where's home Seven kings, Chadwell Heath because they are British Muslims
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:26 am

I am a muslim.. I didn't see gooneritis comments as racist or got offended at all.. I actually agree.. They r scums..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate