GunnGunn - Debate

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

GunnGunn - Debate

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:11 am

It seems i have ruffled a few feathers on here, i know its not easy having to live with someone so awesome but i can't help it...

In all seriousness, it seems i have pissed a few people off with my ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH now ask questions later attitude so i apologize.

In future i will try to refrain from jumping at peoples throats unless you all just want me to f**k off then i will oblige.

Oh and for the people that think i am a power lifting midget with tourettes PM me for my Facebook, as i finally opened an account a few weeks back...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: GunnGunn - Debate

Postby Maxduke » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:17 am

Never had a problem with you myself.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goose » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:25 am

I think you overreact sometimes, but I find it amusing nevertheless lol

Anyway I added you on FB and heres a pic of you

Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:27 pm

I think sometimes people just like to jump on the bandwagon, it is easy to say the popular thing and join in on the side of the majority. People like you me and UFGN try to speak the truth rather than just going with the party line. If we are going to do that we have to be prepared to take a bit of stick (in fact you have even given me a bit of stick at times). Don't take it personally, I don't, it is only the internet, I couldn't care less what people on here think of me. I just try to debate without resorting to personal insults. When other people start throwing insults at me then I take that as me winning the argument.

Don't change your ways, I appreciate your views, it would be pretty boring and pointless to have a forum where everyone agreed!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby SE13 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:38 pm

The forum is all about opinions, without them there would be no point.

Some people do go the the extreme, the amount of times I see pathetic and childish name calling here because two people have a differing opinion though.

Member 1: "Almunia is crap"

Member 2: "No he's world class

Member 1: "You obviously know f**k all about football"

Member 2: "Why don't you just f**k off nancy boy"

Etc, etc, etc.

I do wish some people would man up a bit, and treat the place as an extended family, which is the way it always used to work. The team don't want to run the place like Hitlers, but there are times when people really take the piss, and perhaps an internet slap wouldn't go amiss.

Now I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but there are half a dozen culprits here, and believe me, the staff are watching.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:41 pm

I get more stick than most on here, I hope it is noted that I very rarely result to personal insults and try really hard to refrain from swearing!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:46 pm

If anything SE, thats how i viewed it...I have been here longer than most, everybody knows what i am like, i am the miserable bastard who is probably overly pessimistic but as has been said many times people generally agree with me on matters that i have brought up, such as the blod posts i have done, yes i have a pop but its often not without good reason.

People know i like an argument as well, who doesn't? Where would this forum or any forum be without good debate?

But lately it seems to have gotten up peoples backs a bit so i thought a tone down was needed.

Apologies to anyone who feels i have personally insulted them, humour really is wasted on the Internet at times and if i come across as being a prick, give it back, we all support the same team and we can't all possibly share the same views.

I don't know anyone off of here personally but i feel i have shared enough with people and them with me to consider them my buddy's, who i would be happy to meet up with at a game and have a laugh.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goose » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Certain members are WUMs snd certain members are easily wound up
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:58 pm

I think this section should be called the mass debate.....
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:02 pm

I suppose it's all very easy for me to sit here and say those things, but the job I do on the site requires a far more neutral point, I have to see both sides, and not necessarily side with either.

I do have my own view point about football and Arsenal in general, but I do try and get it across in a way that people would see where I am coming from, rather than having to tell others that they are wrong. I fail on occasion, but then we all do, I'm far from perfect, and I'll be the first to admit it.

The site itself has always been the friendliest Arsenal site on the internet, and a complete change from the others, but honestly, some people think that this place wouldn't run without them and feel above the guidelines. They know who they are, and it has all been noted. For those that don't know, we have a staff room that you can't see, and we discuss almost everything in there, which for whoever asked, is why I have a huge post count, but if you try to view them, you'll only see a proportion of them.

In summary, a lot of people need to sit down with a cold beer and a chill pill and just calm down a bit, and maybe think before they hit the "submit" button.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Briggsy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:07 pm

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say your alright because you clearly ain't. If someone doesn't agree you abuse them you don't make a constructive arguement. Its just your view and everyone must share it! You have pissed me off, of late I won't mince my words but your a hypocrite
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Forest » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:10 pm

he was quite calm to me in one thread suprisingly although i think the comment nearly gave him a heart attack
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Briggsy wrote:I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say your alright because you clearly ain't. If someone doesn't agree you abuse them you don't make a constructive arguement. Its just your view and everyone must share it! You have pissed me off, of late I won't mince my words but your a hypocrite

Sorry you feel that way but i think its unfair to say that i don't make a constructive argument at all, not all of my posts are "You're a c*** for not agreeing with me rararara"
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:13 pm

There you see, no sooner have I posted, and we have a classic example of precisely what I was talking about.

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Briggsy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Mine ain't name calling. Its the truth to many other have noticed it not to be
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Next

Return to The Big Debate