now the Liberals have some sort of power

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

now the Liberals have some sort of power

Postby Briggsy » Thu May 13, 2010 9:54 am

maybe we can lobby them to push through the promise of safe standing at foootball matches we need someone to make a template so we can all send a letter to our local Liberal MP anyone up for that job?
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: now the Liberals have some sort of power

Postby whee » Tue May 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Give it up Louie.

Standing at matches is/was great - but it's gone from the football we know and love, and it's gone for good.

People moan about Arsenal for not contesting the all-seated requirement when it came in, but can you blame them?

It's either pack the ground full of seats and be done with, or be sued by every Tom, Dick and Harry who slips and sprains their ankle, or worse.

It really is a no-brainer mate.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:59 am

They manage terraces perfectly well in other sports, and perfectly well on the continent, so why not here?

Sadly, there are no Liberal MP's anywhere near here, it's Conservative dominated in this area.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Briggsy » Wed May 26, 2010 7:07 am

when you go football you know the risks, safe standing is a option and I'm not giving shit up, do you even remember standing at football whee?
Arsenal play Barnet every season and guess what they have? no one sue's lower league teams at football
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby djaxster » Wed May 26, 2010 8:29 am

Of all the times i went on the terraces only 1 incident happened to anyone i know. My mate Dave had his thumb in one of the ends of the safety rail and when we scored the old bill pushed him back and his thumb broke in the rail.
It was near impossible to fall(Unless you was pissed) as you wasd so tightly packed in. And if they did bring back a small section of Terracing they could have signs saying that they are not liable for any injuries caused unless it was a structial fault.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooneritis » Wed May 26, 2010 9:10 am

whee wrote:Give it up Louie.

Standing at matches is/was great - but it's gone from the football we know and love, and it's gone for good.

People moan about Arsenal for not contesting the all-seated requirement when it came in, but can you blame them?

It's either pack the ground full of seats and be done with, or be sued by every Tom, Dick and Harry who slips and sprains their ankle, or worse.

It really is a no-brainer mate.

then how can the have terraces in the lower leagues? all over europe and the rest of the world? or in other sports?
we had terracing for decades, even centuries, i don't recall suiing ever being an issue.
it's just another case of this pathetically PC world preventing anything and everything. in reality there's no real issue with terracing and it still works acceptably all over the world. all seaters were an overeaction pushed through to show action from the government after hillsborough, clubs never bothered fighting it as they saw the pound note they can make from charging loads for the privelidge of seating.

peoples have used terraces around the world for decades and it's seldom been a problem, certainly nothing abnormally high like the anti-terracing PC lot make out. i think as paying supporters people should have the right to choose whether they want to stand or sit. terracing sections allow that.
of course arsenal would never allow it, they won't be able to charge 50 quid for free standing.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:08 pm

The point is though, that for every single seat, we can get quite a number of standing supporters. For starters, a seat takes a minimum of two terrace steps, that's two people in place, and add the width of it, you can easily get two more either side, so that's possibly 6 standees per seat, so they'd easily make more money by only charging £10 to stand.

It just does my head in, this constant "it's not safe to stand" bullshit, and it's time something was done about it.

While I'm not suggesting for a minute that me ranting on a forum will make the blindest bit of difference, but a hefty number of people doing the same might start to get things ticking over.....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Return to The Big Debate