General Election 2010

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: General Election 2010

Postby Forest » Thu May 13, 2010 1:38 pm

UFGN wrote:Even if Scotshire did become independent theyed still blame the English for everything.

something we agree on

quite a few people have been agreeing with you lately, starting to speak sense now your in your 30's ;)
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Thu May 13, 2010 1:48 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
UFGN wrote:Even if Scotshire did become independent theyed still blame the English for everything.

something we agree on

quite a few people have been agreeing with you lately, starting to speak sense now your in your 30's ;)

Im off out later to meet my mum for dinner. How bloody old and civilised does that sound?

But tomorrow night will be a different matter entirely :sneaky:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby freddybhoy » Thu May 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Libertine wrote:
freddybhoy wrote:Cameron to meet First Minister Alex Salmond in Edinburgh tomorrow. Oh to be a fly on the wall at that meeting!

He might be ready to give the SNP what they want, in rerturn for their support during this parliament.

If Cameron could get rid of Scotland and just have an English and Welsh parliament, Labour would never get back into power in England again.
Spot on Libertine! With only one MP north of the border, Cameron has his work cut out up here. However, the Scottish electorate who don't want independence, can't then moan about the Tories having no mandate to govern up here. We're still part of the union and are at the mercy of how England votes in an election. Them's the rules!! No amount of Labour MP's in Scotland will guarantee a Labour government while "middle England" stick with the Conservatives.... it's always been the case. I hope one day our compatriots will wake up and smell the coffee...... if they can shake off the buckfast induced hangover!!
ONE VOICE, ONE LOVE, ONE FAITH, ONE CELTIC
freddybhoy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Goose » Thu May 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Rumours are that VAT is to rise to 20%!!

f**k you Conservatives!! FYC! FYL!
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby freddybhoy » Thu May 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Not true. We blame the Romans for not building that wall high enough!! :biggrin:
ONE VOICE, ONE LOVE, ONE FAITH, ONE CELTIC
freddybhoy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby whee » Thu May 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Goose wrote:Rumours are that VAT is to rise to 20%!!

Chill Partner, wait and see what happens rather than getting yourself in a pickle.

Further to your earlier post, Child Tax Credits will be scrapped if you earn over 50K a year. If you do earn over that, i'd argue that you can support your children without benefits.

Just my piece.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Forest » Fri May 14, 2010 8:06 am

whee wrote:
Goose wrote:Rumours are that VAT is to rise to 20%!!

Chill Partner, wait and see what happens rather than getting yourself in a pickle.

Further to your earlier post, Child Tax Credits will be scrapped if you earn over 50K a year. If you do earn over that, i'd argue that you can support your children without benefits.Just my piece.

thats why i called goose a rich git, thought he knew it was for over 50K
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Goose » Fri May 14, 2010 8:29 am

Lol I'm not rich, it's rumoured it will be cut for parents who earn over £30,000

Also, my girlfriend is not currently working, if she was, we would earn over £50,000, however Tax Credits go towards childcare which we would need if we are both working and childcare costs £800-£1000 per child.

Without Tax Credits there would be no point in my girlfriend working as most of her money would go on Tax Credits, so she would be better off not working and claiming other benefits rather than working and paying tax and getting a rebate through Tax Credits.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Galls » Fri May 14, 2010 12:01 pm

And that's the crux of the probelm Goose, isn;t it. The cost of childcare.
I'm really lucky because I can sort my shifts out around my husband - at the moment anyhow, and my mum lives just down the road and can pick up from childminders etc if we need her to. But it does mean i have to work most weekends and I only work 3 days a week. WOuld be a nightmare if I was full time.

No matter what they do, it won't be popular. I personally resent the fact that me and my hubby work our tripes off for a good standard of living for our family and yet we can't afford a new car, but Miss Scrote with her 4 kids next door can do. Something's wrong somewhere! I have no problem if they scrap it as long as they scrap it for everyone. A tax credit based on whether you have kids or not shouldn't be mean tested imo. I understand that it's meant to be there for families who struggle to make ends meet. But I can't see how it's fair when *some* of those people see it as an extra income they don't have to find, or - as in your case Goose - it becomes more cost effective not to work becasue you lose out otherwise and end up earning less money.

Like I said whatever they do it will be unpopular with at least one section of society.
Galls
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fordy » Fri May 14, 2010 12:09 pm

I just been to the job center and part of what they have to do for me now under there rules is find jobs for me to apply for if i want to or not i have to do it in front of them, and the guy couldnt find one job for me to apply for.

the guy even said we know its not most of you dont want to work there just is nothing in my area so for me things cant get any worse so any change to how the country is run as got to be a good thing for me.

I have never seen things as bad as they are now in this country and im actually starting to warm to the idea of the new government maybe 2 heads will be better than one though i still dont see how its going to work.
Fordy

Postby Goose » Fri May 14, 2010 12:23 pm

just have to wait and see what happens

Although Conservatives £6 billion worth of cutbacks will have to come from somehere and i know it won't be from their expenses.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby whee » Sun May 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Goose wrote:Although Conservatives £6 billion worth of cutbacks will have to come from somehere and i know it won't be from their expenses.

I've got an e-mail signed by David Cameron in my inbox - it will come from our expenses and bonuses/payrises.

I think we'll still get them this year, because they were agreed last year and earlier, so expect a huge uproar when those are paid out like normal.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Previous

Return to The Big Debate