General Election 2010

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: General Election 2010

Postby whee » Wed May 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Galls wrote:
whee wrote:Well, fingers crossed for you Galls that Cameron keeps Cleggs fingers away from the NHS.

Clegg - "we're going to cut the numbers of administrational staff in the NHS and use that 2.5 billions pounds in the educational system!"

A whole 2.5 billion pounds, that'll make a difference to education. Not.

But it will f**k the NHS over royally.

Oh I agree, and i also am a little worried about what Cameron himself will do to the NHS!

But you know what, i bet they could cut 2.5 billion from the NHS - from he right places - and either use it in the right places in the NHS or put it towards education.

No point putting 2.5 billion from the NHS into education, just re-invest it, as you say, into the right places with then the NHS.

2.5 billion on the education budget is peanuts. It was also Cleggs main selling point on Education - "we'll pump 2.5 billion into the system" - wouldn't have changed f**k all.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gunflash » Wed May 12, 2010 1:38 pm

The Labour government - gone at last! :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif: The administration has been drifting to defeat since Brown bottled out of an election in 2007. Of course, Labour are now free to spread the myth that they wouldn't have made spending cuts. The fact is, Labour's incompetent economic management is one of the reasons why the new government is facing such a tough task. Hopefully Cameron will be able to rein the bloated public sector that Labour created and do something about the bonkers devolution system that Blair brought into existence. I hope Cameron does well but I'd be lying if I said I was confident but Labour are gone, Mandelson, Harman, Balls, the Milibands, Bradshaw, Cooper, Woodward and all the rest have been wrenched away from their red boxes, so we should be happy about that.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Forest » Wed May 12, 2010 1:38 pm

ooo press conference, someone refered to them as 'punch and judy'

journalists are taking the mick big time but their dealing with it quite well
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed May 12, 2010 6:07 pm

There's been rumous that Cameron will be cutting student loans or stopping them entierly. Which if he does will be a f***ing joke and the country will be in up-roar.

Student loans are getting me through college and without them I simply would not be able to attend college, or would seriously struggle without one only to reley on my works part-time wages.

Hopefully though, its all just rumours and he wont shit on all us poor students.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goose » Wed May 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Oh dear and let the cuts begin

If you don't study at Oxford or Cambridge, your f***ked
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Goose » Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Conservatives will be cutting Child Tax Credits and Chid Trust Funds, well they can f**k off with that!

Apparently I will lose about £40 per month, not impressed....
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Forest » Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 pm

your gonna lose it? you rich git!

are lib dems cutting it too? lol joking.

child trust fund is abit stupid as they give you £250 for your child but take it back in tax over an 16/18yr period :dizzy: unless your on the dole of course
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Est83 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:17 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Thank God they gave the education secretary post to a Lib Dem, their policies on education are much better than the Tories imo.

Just checked, Michael Grove has been given that post... bad times.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed May 12, 2010 11:41 pm

Est83 wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:Thank God they gave the education secretary post to a Lib Dem, their policies on education are much better than the Tories imo.

Oh yea, it seems the Lib Dems got minister of schools, how different a post is that?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

General Election 2010

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu May 13, 2010 5:33 am

Est83 wrote:Reverend Gooner wrote:Thank God they gave the education secretary post to a Lib Dem, their policies on education are much better than the Tories imo.

Is he related to Perry? :don'tknow:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Galls » Thu May 13, 2010 6:52 am

Goose wrote:Conservatives will be cutting Child Tax Credits and Chid Trust Funds, well they can f**k off with that!

Apparently I will lose about £40 per month, not impressed....

Big con anyhow. Has to be one of the most incompetent Govt departments I've had the misfortune to deal with. I very nearly told them last year to forget all about it and not give me anything. I lost count of the number of times I had to speak to them to give them the same information. Scrap it for me, and give these incompetent people jobs doing something less taxing (pardon the pun)
Just alter people's tax codes according to whether they have children or not... oh, wait...didn't they used to do that?
But then that would mean that joe and kylie scrote would have to go out to work rather than spit kids out every year, wouldn't it.
Galls
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby rogerthornhill » Thu May 13, 2010 9:43 am

The brunt of the cuts will be taken by the poor, that's always the Conservative way.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby freddybhoy » Thu May 13, 2010 10:25 am

Cameron to meet First Minister Alex Salmond in Edinburgh tomorrow. Oh to be a fly on the wall at that meeting!
ONE VOICE, ONE LOVE, ONE FAITH, ONE CELTIC
freddybhoy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Libertine » Thu May 13, 2010 1:05 pm

freddybhoy wrote:Cameron to meet First Minister Alex Salmond in Edinburgh tomorrow. Oh to be a fly on the wall at that meeting!

He might be ready to give the SNP what they want, in rerturn for their support during this parliament.

If Cameron could get rid of Scotland and just have an English and Welsh parliament, Labour would never get back into power in England again.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Thu May 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Even if Scotshire did become independent theyed still blame the English for everything.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate