Lying Sun filth and Murdoch trying to steal the election

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Lying Sun filth and Murdoch trying to steal the election

Postby SE13 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:24 pm

None of the Labour voters were complaining when The Sun did it from 97 until they switched back to the Tories......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Briggsy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:26 pm

The Mirror have been sucking on labours cock for years covering up all the scandals and not reporting it like other papers they tried to do to Tony Blair what the sun done for Jade Goody. The simple fact is Labour will not be in power in a couple of months! I will never vote labour and neither will a lot of people down south. The fact is northern people will never forgive the Tories for the pit closures. Even though its a outdated energy source they where using
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:28 pm

SE13 wrote:None of the Labour voters were complaining when The Sun did it from 97 until they switched back to the Tories......

Hang on who is a labour voter? I wont be voting Labour. I havent decided who I will vote for. They "switched" to Labour because at the time that is what Murdoch wanted them to do, He has now told them he wants a Conservative government and they have turnrd again.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fordy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:28 pm

most people round here wont vote conservative because of the pitts your right it stupid if labour started killing babys on live tv most the tits round here would still vote for them
Fordy

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Est83 wrote:Although a little more judgmental than some of the other comments on Sun readers, you hit the nail on the head.

You call it judgemental, some would call it a stereotype, I call it accurate.
I had plasterers and painters working in my house a few weeks ago and they all read The Sun, and they all based their opinions on what they had just read that morning. Fact.

Sad but true.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Fordy wrote: if labour started killing babys on live tv most the tits round here would still vote for them

What do you mean if? Did you not see some of the reports during the Iraq war? ;)
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Fordy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:33 pm

i read about it in the sun
Fordy

Postby Libertine » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 pm

I disagree UFGN.
Far from corruptly influencing the vote, i think the Sun just want to be able to say "we backed the winning party".
They only backed Labour because it was obvious they were going to win by a mile in previous elections.
Labour have no chance (in my opinion) of winning the upcoming election and a i believe lot of people who are saying they'll vote Lib Dem won't have the bottle to tick the box when push comes to shove.
As far as i can see The Sun merely want to be able to pat themselves on the back again and print another "It's the Sun what won it!" headline.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Est83 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Libertine wrote:I disagree UFGN.
Far from corruptly influencing the vote, i think the Sun just want to be able to say "we backed the winning party".
They only backed Labour because it was obvious they were going to win by a mile in previous elections.
Labour have no chance (in my opinion) of winning the upcoming election and a i believe lot of people who are saying they'll vote Lib Dem won't have the bottle to tick the box when push comes to shove.
As far as i can see The Sun merely want to be able to pat themselves on the back again and print another "It's the Sun what won it!" headline.

Strong argument

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:46 pm

If Rupert Murdoch was not their owner I would say you were right. Its not about selling papers otherwise the Mirror would also be doing it. Backing Brown cant be winning them many readers right now.

UFGN

Postby Libertine » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:52 pm

UFGN wrote:If Rupert Murdoch was not their owner I would say you were right. Its not about selling papers otherwise the Mirror would also be doing it. Backing Brown cant be winning them many readers right now.

The vast majority of Daily Mirror readers are Labour supporters and they won't vote for another party.
The vast majority of Sun readers are Conservative supporters and they won't vote for anybody else either.

I genuinley don't think there's anything sinister behind the Sun backing the Conservatives because, apart from Tony Blair's "New Labour" years, it's the party they've always supported.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:55 pm

That sounds a bit too cuddly and naive to me.

What do they have to gain from backing the winning party?
If they back a party and don't win they'll just say it was a fix and then spend the next five years crucifying that party.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Libertine » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Inchpractice wrote:What do they have to gain from backing thev winning party?

They get to say "The Sun was right, we have our finger on the pulse, read us not the Mirror." like they do when they get any other prediction right.

Inchpractice wrote:If they back a party and don't win they'll just say it was a fix and then spend the next five years crucifying that party.

They backed Labour last time out but they've spent the last 3 years slaughtering them.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Libertine wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:What do they have to gain from backing thev winning party?

They get to say "The Sun was right, we have our finger on the pulse, read us not the Mirror." like they do when they get any other prediction right.

Is that a massive market-share winner for them? I'm not convinced. Call me cynical but I'm more inclined to believe that Murdoch is behind it.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Libertine » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:03 pm

I think people over do the Sun's influence.

There was some programme on BBC4 a while back (can't remember what is was called, i was watching it on nights) saying about how the Sun was claiming they were behind the Labour election victory in 1997, when in fact only 2 out of 5 Sun readers actually bother to vote.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate