Lying Sun filth and Murdoch trying to steal the election

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Lying Sun filth and Murdoch trying to steal the election

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:08 pm

Libertine wrote:
UFGN wrote:If Rupert Murdoch was not their owner I would say you were right. Its not about selling papers otherwise the Mirror would also be doing it. Backing Brown cant be winning them many readers right now.

I genuinley don't think there's anything sinister behind the Sun backing the Conservatives because, apart from Tony Blair's "New Labour" years, it's the party they've always supported.

During those years Blair's Government cozied up to Murdoch by being much more pro business. Now the Tories have declared a whole load of measures which appeal to Murdoch, especially their plans to have a smaller BBC, and hey presto they support the Tories again.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fordy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:12 pm

why is that wrong

surely you are one of the people that moan about people voting for a party no matter what there policy's are just because thats what they always have done.

Isnt the idea you vote or back the one with the policy's that suit what you want ?
Fordy

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:15 pm

Fordy wrote:why is that wrong

surely you are one of the people that moan about people voting for a party no matter what there policy's are just because thats what they always have done.

Isnt the idea you vote or back the one with the policy's that suit what you want ?

So what youre saying is its OK for a corrupt media tycoon to heavily influence the election if he wants to.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Libertine » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:19 pm

UFGN wrote:So what youre saying is its OK for a corrupt media tycoon to heavily influence the election if he wants to.

How is he influencing it though?
Labour have been a sinking ship for the last few years so the Conservative party will win the upcoming election.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Libertine wrote:
UFGN wrote:So what youre saying is its OK for a corrupt media tycoon to heavily influence the election if he wants to.

Labour have been a sinking ship for the last few years so the Conservative party will win the upcoming election.

Did you see the poll they censored in the OP? It showed that 49% of people would vote Lib Dem if they thought they had a chance of winning. If the Lib Dems did do well then the Tories will probably not win the election outright and that is what the Sun are trying to prevent.

UFGN

Postby SE13 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:26 pm

How can he influence it? Ultimately, it's your decision on what you read and what you believe and what you are influenced by.

Arsenal get new supporters every week, and that's not because we are winning silverware, otherwise they would have been influenced by ManUre.

It's their right to print fairly much whatever they want, and they have done no more than gloss over some facts, and spin it round to the way they want you to see it.

Rightly or wrongly, they all do it.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:30 pm

SE13 wrote:

How can he influence it?

Because most sun readers are idiots who vote for who they are told to or who they think will win
Last edited by UFGN on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UFGN

Postby Briggsy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:30 pm

My arguement is most papers have a political alliance with one party or the other you can't slag the Sun of for lying on Thursday both the Mirror and The Sun had there particular party ahead in there opinion polls so obviously one of them where lying or if not both. I hat
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:34 pm

UFGN wrote:
Libertine wrote:

Did you see the poll they censored in the OP? It showed that 49% of people would vote Lib Dem if they thought they had a chance of winning. If the Lib Dems did do well then the Tories will probably not win the election outright and that is what the Sun are trying to prevent.

Yes i saw the poll and i didn't think much of it.
All it shows is that, yet again, the vast majority of people don't have the courage of their convictions.
"I'd vote for them if i thought they'd win." what sort of bollocks attitude is that?
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:35 pm

UFGN wrote:
SE13 wrote:

How can he influence it?

Because most sun readers are idiots who vote for who they are told to or who they think will win

Most Sun readers don't bother to vote.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:38 pm

All this aside, the polls are generated from asking a handful of people what they think. Of the 100 (or whatever chosen) and they pick 49 that will vote Lib, then they will put the opinion poll at 49% to the Liberals. It's not really an overall reflection on the public opinion at all. Then again it depends on where they did the poll.

It's all hit and miss whichever way you slice it.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Libertine » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:40 pm

By the way, vote Lib Dem if you want to stand up at football.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 50535.html
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Libertine wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Libertine wrote:

Yes i saw the poll and i didn't think much of it.
All it shows is that, yet again, the vast majority of people don't have the courage of their convictions.
"I'd vote for them if i thought they'd win." what sort of bollocks attitude is that?

I completely agree. If we had Proportional Representation in this country then even people's pathetic attitudes to voting wouldnt save the big two parties from eventually losing power. But until then we are stuck with them. However if people saw they might be becoming more popular then maybe they would vote LibDem and caurse a hung parliment.

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:52 pm

SE13 wrote:All this aside, the polls are generated from asking a handful of people what they think. Of the 100 (or whatever chosen) and they pick 49 that will vote Lib, then they will put the opinion poll at 49% to the Liberals. It's not really an overall reflection on the public opinion at all. Then again it depends on where they did the poll.

It's all hit and miss whichever way you slice it.

It was a YouGov poll. I doubt it was a small selection of people.

UFGN

Postby SE13 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:10 pm

UFGN wrote:If we had Proportional Representation in this country

I've been bleating on about this for years, generally falling on deaf ears.

Surely that's the fairest way of doing it, was it 1974 when the Tories polled most votes, but had far less seats than Labour in the hung parliament election.

And again possibly 1983 when the Liberals had a massive share of the common vote, and returned only a handful of seats.

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate