[18+] USA Military in Iraq(video)

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

[18+] USA Military in Iraq(video)

Postby Dejan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:21 pm

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/903561/ ... teert.html

Absolutely disgusting.
I know it was possible they carying weapons, but still.. they decided in seconds..
Pretty sick video..

If u get a weak stomach, please dont watch..
Last edited by Dejan on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Re: [18+] USA Military in Irak(video)

Postby Leody » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Hindsight is 20/20... but I would have shot if I saw that guy ducking around the corner of the building with something in his hands... looked like it could have been an RPG or a weapon of some sort to me.

It's war bro, horrible shit's gonna happen.

Not making any statement about the war, but people are going to die. War is a horrible thing.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:50 pm

In a war situation decisions have to be made not in a matter of seconds, but in split seconds, its a matter of life & death, sadly sometimes troops do get it wrong but we are in a war and with war there are casualties and as we know only too well some are fatal.

What id like to know is wtf those reporters were not accompanied by any allied forces.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fabby » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:36 pm

My god that actually f***ing sucks man that made me feel like shit.

Whyyyy did the guy crouch down behind the building like that? You have to be unbiased and say in that situation he could well have had an RPG, but it pissed me off because they were f***ing strolling along the street, not hurrying or looking like they were up to anything.

When they fired on the van, well that was just bullshit man they were trying to help and they just took them out
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: [18+] USA Military in Iraq(video)

Postby DesertDwellingGooner » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:31 am

Having served in the army back during the first gulf war, I can only repeat what has been said. It is sad that certain things happen but decisions have to be made in a blink of an eye.

It is the nature of war.
DesertDwellingGooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Dejan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:40 pm

DesertDwellingGooner wrote:Having served in the army back during the first gulf war, I can only repeat what has been said. It is sad that certain things happen but decisions have to be made in a blink of an eye.

It is the nature of war.

IMO It's hypocrite. America sends soldiers to IRAQ (about 130,000?).
The ground troops are trained well enough to deal with this sort of situations.
This situations can happen ofcourse, but i dont believe that there was none around.
Even if there wasnt, they could of been more patient, to wait till the ground troops arrived.
Its not like those guys were shooting around.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby IMF » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Shoot first from the safety of their helicopter, ask questions later, then wonder why they're hated in the middle east.

Cry when 4 soldiers are killed but stay quiet when they kill 400 innocent civilians. Because the life of an American or British life is far more important than an innocent guy who's one crime was to be born in an oil rich country.

Call people that protest the war "c*nts" and whatnot but being ignorant pr*cks about the whole situation by reading shit propaganda in the gay press here.

It's all bullshit.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Swan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:54 pm

IMF wrote:Shoot first from the safety of their helicopter, ask questions later, then wonder why they're hated in the middle east.

Cry when 4 soldiers are killed but stay quiet when they kill 400 innocent civilians. Because the life of an American or British life is far more important than an innocent guy who's one crime was to be born in an oil rich country.

Call people that protest the war "c*nts" and whatnot but being ignorant pr*cks about the whole situation by reading shit propaganda in the gay press here.

It's all bullshit.

yuppers...
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:56 pm

War is shit.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:57 pm

The soldiers had the benefit of better sight than the grainy video we saw. They were also waiting on orders from people who weren't even there! Itchy trigger fingers if you ask me "it could be an RPG - or any thing for that f**king matter - can we shoot?"

IMF wrote:Shoot first from the safety of their helicopter, ask questions later, then wonder why they're hated in the middle east.

It's all bullshit.

In a nut shell!

I've had conversations with complete doughnuts who want to join the army because they're "willing to die for their country". Which is fair enough, but the convesration always go the same way. Yes I understand that you should be commended for willing to die for your people... but not for politicians, oil and whatever f**ked up reasons those politicians chose to go to war over!!! They feel like you just can't say anything negative about the purpose of the war because in doing that you are in some way insulting every proud patriot that died in the war, which is not the case at all! War sucks, yes sometimes it is needed, but f**k it, if you're a soldier and you know that the reason for going into war is bullshit, how can you just go along with it.? I'd rather do time!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby gooneritis » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:54 am

I don't think it's ever fair to criticise a soldier in these sort of cases when they have a split second to make a life or death decision, not unless you have first hand experience of what they go through. its so easy to criticise them from the safety of an armchair, but when out in the field with your life on the line in a state of preparation/unease 24/7 and a split second to make decisions unfortunately we see things like this.
it's horrible though and whilst i won't criticise any brave lad fighting for his country i don't agree with this war and want our troops home. they shouldn't be there and things like this would never happen.
it's a tragedy whenever someone dies, be it a trooper or a civilian, this war shouldn't be happening and people should not still be dieing.

get them home
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:18 am

I don't personally think they should be out there, but that's just my opinion.

Meantime, please don't let this descend into a "British soldiers are better than Americans" because it's akin to saying "whites are more intelligent than Indians" or whatever.

It's all about split second timing, ask anyone who's served. You haven't got time to think about the consequences, if you did that, then potentially hundreds of troops have been killed.

I'd hate to be the person that makes the ultimate decision, but somewhere along the line, somebody must, and the guilt of getting it wrong will go with them to their grave.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby liam_cork » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:18 pm

i would have shot. looked dodgey to me
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:56 pm

There were no "split second" dicisions there. Like I said, the soldiers had the benefit of better sight, not the grainy video which we viewed that made any patch of black on the screen look like a possible weapon.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Fordy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:58 pm

the most surprising thing about that video is the fact the yanks shot at someone and didnt kill any of our troops
Fordy

Next

Return to The Big Debate