School stops child of lesbian parents enrolling

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: School stops child of lesbian parents enrolling

Postby Leody » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:21 pm

But they wont, because it isn't their place to come between a child and their parents and they know that.

I agree though, I would love to see them do that. And as a matter of fact it will probably happen because they will face community pressure and let the child continue.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:41 pm

I think Rev was being facetious Leody.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Yea I was just messing, I'd hope they would be honest (ito) but sensitive with the issue when personally talking about it to them.

What I don't get though, is that they are making a deal out of it as a matter of principle, yet if they are parents of principle why would you want to send your child to a school that would teach them that who they are is wrong in the first place?

To be honest they should just put the onus on the parents now, let them know exactly what you will be teaching them and if they are ok with that then accept the child but let the parents know they have no right to complain.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Exactly.

It is a private catholic school, they are allowed to teach whatever they want to teach. They can't receive any public funding and teach what they do, so they are free to do what they want as long as there are enough people who agree and are willing to send their kids there and pay the tuition.

My bet... these parents didn't want to send their kid to a public school because in many cases they are inferior to private schools. (that's a whole different debate here) They didn't do enough research to see what non-denominational private schools are in the area and just picked the closest, or what they heard was the best.

95% of the time schools like this are a part of a church community in the United States and I'd bet the ranch these parents are not members of the church. So why would you send your kid to a school when you don't attend that same church?

To me this screams public education system failure more than it does discrimination.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Galls » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:17 pm

Well first and foremost I'm not catholic - never said I was in fact, only that my daughter is.
And if they have a problem with the fact that her parents are gay then why enrol her in the first place?
Galls
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby UFGN » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:33 pm

Im sure Jesus would have been well up for this, seeing as he was all for discrimination and hate. "Yeah, dirty homo child, product of filth. Im not letting you in my school. You little evil slag."

:? Cant see it myself, from what Ive heard about the bloke.

This is why I cant take religion seriously. So full of shite and controdiction. Its just one big excuse to do what the hell they like and claim they are right cos god said.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby mg86 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:26 am

Anyone else click through to this thread cause they saw "lesbians" in the title?
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby whee » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:43 am

UFGN wrote:"Yeah, dirty homo child, You little evil slag."

This is actually the funniest thing i've read in ages!! Genuine roar of laughter!!

:rofll: :rofll:
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:23 am

Galls wrote:Well first and foremost I'm not catholic - never said I was in fact, only that my daughter is.
And if they have a problem with the fact that her parents are gay then why enrol her in the first place?

For the very reason someone stated earlier. Enroll the kid knowing full well it would be a problem, then run to the press and cry about how you are not getting a fair deal. Catholic schools are generally privately run, they can accept, or not accept, whoever the hell they like. I would bet my left nut (not the right one, I am fond of him) that these parents knew and just wanted to make a big deal.
I am a practicing Catholic who is often upset by the Catholic church/religion, but this is all a PR act.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to The Big Debate