Indecent Proposal

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Indecent Proposal

Postby StLGooner » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:48 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:To revise my position, I would never do it if/when I found 'the one'. But I haven't at the moment so if it was any old bird I happend to be with at the time - of course.

Maybe those of us saying yes are yet to find that special person and those saying no, have.

I think there is a misconception thinking that there is only 1 special person out there for somebody. I don't believe that, there are so many people in the world to think that you have found the only 1 for you is absurd. Chances are there are probably better people out there for you.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheLittleMozart » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:To revise my position, I would never do it if/when I found 'the one'. But I haven't at the moment so if it was any old bird I happend to be with at the time - of course.

Maybe those of us saying yes are yet to find that special person and those saying no, have.

I think there is a misconception thinking that there is only 1 special person out there for somebody. I don't believe that, there are so many people in the world to think that you have found the only 1 for you is absurd. Chances are there are probably better people out there for you.

Fair play to you mate, I recpect your opinion but for me there is no one else out there for me. I've found 'the one' (cheesey as f**k I know) and i went through a hell of a lot of crazy birds to finally get her, so I think its harder to find someone who you could be in a happy relationship with, than you think.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Maxduke » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:58 pm

How much money are we talking here?

If it's like £1,000,000 then yeah ofcourse!
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:03 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Fair play to you mate, I recpect your opinion but for me there is no one else out there for me. I've found 'the one' (cheesey as f**k I know) and i went through a hell of a lot of crazy birds to finally get her, so I think its harder to find someone who you could be in a happy relationship with, than you think.

I think I should've elaborated more. I agree its hard to find the one, as a matter of fact, I think its almost impossible, but I also think that most people say they found the "one", but are really just kidding themselves, I really do believe most people just settle, if I sat here and told you that my wife was absolutely perfect in every way and there wasn't anything that I would change about her then I'd be lying, and I'm pretty sure she'd say the same thing about me. And I'm also pretty sure that most of you would be lying too if you said the same thing.

I think though, maybe my definition of "the one" is a bit different than some.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SE13 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:30 pm

ChVint22 wrote:if I sat here and told you that my wife was absolutely perfect in every way and there wasn't anything that I would change about her then I'd be lying, and I'm pretty sure she'd say the same thing about me. And I'm also pretty sure that most of you would be lying too if you said the same thing.

Spot on! Couldn't have put it better myself.

That's not to say I would lend her out for a few quid. If I wanted a prostitute, I'd have married one.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gzagee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:03 pm

J-Mack wrote:Damn. Good question still.

Depending on the fee? Life changing cash...? Could I? Naaah. I really can't answer it man.

And this from a man readying himself for a stag do, no less...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:19 pm

ChVint22 wrote:

Ok let me put it this way; if you don't really love the person you are with (I'm sure I'm not alone in this, real love is very hard to come by) then I would.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunflash » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:40 pm

gzagee wrote:Would you consider letting your other half sleep with a total stranger for money?

I wouldn't. Mind you, I don't have another half so my opinion is rather a moot point. :lol:
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Previous

Return to The Big Debate