Urine Tests

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Urine Tests

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Read an article on the web today about an oil rig worker and he made a pretty decent point about people taking the piss out of benifits...

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor.
I am required to pass a random urine test for drugs and alcohol, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.
Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefits cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.
I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their arse drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque

Suppose it kind of makes sense, mabey not the alcohol side of it but whats your thoughts on this?......

Discuss!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Urine Tests

Postby gooner90 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:35 pm

i see the point and agree with the last bit however I think our taxes are too high especially when we have loads of eastern europeans coming in with families living off benefits

Same goes for car tax I pay nearly 200 pounds on car tax for the year and yet theres more potholes and useless roadworks going on everywhere, they filled in some potholes with something soft as it rained and there they were again and if my suspension or tyres get damaged becuase of a pothole unless theres a camera they wont pay out then the govt charges collosal amounts on fuel
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Artemis8 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:40 pm

DISCUSS......aye aye captain.

A quick way for the government to make money would to legalise weed. The drugs industry must be second only to the arms industry. Make one sh!te city like Newcastle/Hull "our Amsterdam". Rake in billions and have all the potheads confined in one place.

Im not pro weed btw, im not even pro this idea. I obviously havent thought out all the ramifications. The Dutch are pulling it off tho, so why cant we. Might be a good way to get some dosh .. :dontknow:
Artemis8

Postby StLGooner » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:45 pm

It sounds like a good idea, but a piss test can be cheated in so many ways, and to people that sit around and scam the Govt for a living, this won't even be a speed bump for them.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Artemis8 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:50 pm

ChVint22 wrote:It sounds like a good idea, but a piss test can be cheated in so many ways, and to people that sit around and scam the Govt for a living, this won't even be a speed bump for them.

I think your over estimating our government there. We don't have a nation off Darren Browns illusionist who cunningly out fox our government. Half of these people couldnt cheat a kS3 test, never mind cheating a random drugs test. ;)
Artemis8

Postby StLGooner » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Youngie wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:It sounds like a good idea, but a piss test can be cheated in so many ways, and to people that sit around and scam the Govt for a living, this won't even be a speed bump for them.

I think your over estimating our government there. We don't have a nation off Darren Browns illusionist who cunningly out fox our government. Half of these people couldnt cheat a kS3 test, never mind cheating a random drugs test. ;)

Not sure where you are, but I'm in the states, and most of the people I'm talking about are career criminals and very clever. You ever see some of the things they come up with and make in prison?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:03 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Youngie wrote:

Not sure where you are, but I'm in the states, and most of the people I'm talking about are career criminals and very clever. You ever see some of the things they come up with and make in prison?

Which begs the question... if that's the case and these people are career criminals then why are we giving them anything at all in the first place? :dontknow:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:07 pm

Leody wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Youngie wrote:

Which begs the question... if that's the case and these people are career criminals then why are we giving them anything at all in the first place? :dontknow:

Its a very imperfect system, and the point is, its going to take way more than just a simple little piss test to fix it. I guess its a start though.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mg86 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Piss tests are hardy accurate. Most hard drugs disappear from the body quickly and thc (though it stays in the body for a long time) can be masked. A person in average shape can pass a piss test after smoking regularly for a month within one weeks notice. I passed a random pop test for a new medical insurance company back when I smoked regularly in college even. I don't smoke the herb anymore but you can literally dilute your sample (drinking gatorade in timed intervals before the test) combined with several other methods (cranberry juice, aspirin, regular exercise, proper hydration, vitamin b12, loading on fats 1-2 days before the test) and pass the test. Also, you can just supplement another person's urine if the test isn't monitored.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Return to The Big Debate