Virtual Election

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Next Government?

Labour
14%
Conservative
57%
Liberal
10%
Other
19%

Total votes : 21

Re: Virtual Election

Postby SE13 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:28 pm

I note that with Labour having virtually no chance of winning the next election, Gordon Brown wants to move the goalposts, and introduce a form of proportional representation via a referendum.

Hold on, what happened to all the other referendums we were promised?

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Gunflash » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:56 pm

SE13 wrote:I note that with Labour having virtually no chance of winning the next election, Gordon Brown wants to move the goalposts, and introduce a form of proportional representation via a referendum.

Hold on, what happened to all the other referendums we were promised?

Yeah typical. :rolleyes: And when Blair told Roy Jenkins to do a report into electoral reform, Brown was leading the campaign within the Cabinet to resist it. He wants to butter up the Lib Dems, so they prop him up in the event of a hung parliament - and create a permanent Lab-Lib Dem coalition, on the assumption that disillusioned Labour voters will go to the Lib Dems rather than the Tories. That's why I want a Tory majority so that we can get rid of Brown and his rabble, once and for all. Because mark my words, if Cameron doesn't have a majority, Brown will stoop to any deal to stay in power.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Artemis8 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:15 am

Gooner Girl wrote:I will vote this time, given that people died so women could have the vote i feel i ought to use it even if politics is one big yawn-fest.

I voted in the last elections. I voted for Lib Dems, im not sure why. I think its because the canvassed the student halls i was staying in. There was also some rumor of them legalising weed, which was obvious tripe just to get the student vote.

Over the last few years I have been paying lots of attention to politics watching PMQs and The record on Wednesdays. I feel like an old man sometimes watching my bbc parliament.

Im a UKIP fan. Now i know some of you might think UKIP (Closet racist) but there really not. One of their main issues is our involvement in Europe. "Open Europe estimates that the top 100 existing EU laws will cost the UK economy a staggering £184 billion between 2010 and 2020, even in the unlikely event that no new regulations are be passed during that time period. From the UKIP website

I honestly think we FAR ore in than we get out. I know us being on our own isn't much better but these issues need addressing. Plus immigration bla bla bla
Artemis8

Previous

Return to The Big Debate