Whinging helpless morons

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Whinging helpless morons

Postby Goose » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Good post. Some things I'd like to add:

People who have gone into work even when it is not safe to should be ridiculed, not treated as heroes! (as one teacher in devon got on the news for)

People moaning about their kids being off school aren't worried about the education of their children, they just don't have the free child care that schools provide!

Its easy to say that, but when you lose £100 per day from work because you have to take emergency time off work, you would complain too.

Also, so many people complain about the roads not being gritted and that their cars cant drive on them, but in countries like Germany it is law that from 1st of December they must fit winter/snow tyres on their car.

If a similar law was passed in this country, people would complain even more.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby SE13 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:12 pm

I saw a you tube vid a while ago about the difference between "winter" and "summer" tyres on The Continent, and I was staggered to say the least! I don't know why we haven't got a similar system here, after all the motorist is subject to daylight robbery as it is, why not hammer them a bit more (He says with DVLA taking care of his licence)

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Goose » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Exactly, instead of moaning about salt on the roads people should go and buy winter tyres.

No point having grit and salt on the road if it is covered in snow anyway.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby SE13 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Found it!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Gunner Down Under » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:24 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Britain is such a crao country it never snows in the winter and the summer is always rubbish. It's always raining. Mild this, mild that.

Oh no it's snowing what the hell go away cold and snow snap snap government deal with this immediately.

Oh no its far too hot now theres a hosepipe ban whatever will we do.

Move to Australia then. ;)
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:29 pm

SE13 wrote:Found it!

Man, that makes me wish I had the $ to go buy a set of winter tires tomorrow.

Just priced out a set of rims and tires fitted would cost me $716. The rims aren't required, but it would make the change an easy at home swap.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goose » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Wow, need some winter tyres
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Leody » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:40 pm

Goose wrote:Wow, need some winter tyres

Unlike those of you in GB I deal with the snow EVERY winter. And lots of it most winters. I'm thinking this would be a sound investment next year.
Last edited by Leody on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gooner Girl » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:56 pm

What seems ridiculous to me is that our school is back now but the kids are having wet break every day because theres snow everywhere in the school grounds. Ok, so i know its a lot of kids and they could get silly with it and they are more likely to injure themselves then normal but it seems crazy to me - a. the snow will disapear much faster if it has 120 kids playing in it 3 times a day and b. the kids have all been playing out in the snow on their days off anyway.

I guess its cos if some little darling breaks a bone the parents could sue the school but would never have happened in my day! Feeling quite sorry for the little blighters. None of the PE dept have been brave enough to ask the head if we can take them all out for a play in the snow during games tomorrow though!
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:05 pm

I think if an when I ever have kids I'm going to wake them up in the morning with a brick to the head and feed them gravel for breakfast because they're going to be coddled too much everywhere else the rest of the day. I don't want them to grow up to be some pansy kids!
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby SE13 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:I guess its cos if some little darling breaks a bone the parents could sue the school but would never have happened in my day!

I slipped on a snowy playground in 81/82 winter, and broke my thumb. No bloody compensation back in those days.

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to The Big Debate