Whinging helpless morons

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Whinging helpless morons

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Of course the bloody salt and grit is going to run out. Its been snowing for about three weeks and its been used more than ever before.

If you are that bothered about it clear your own bloody road. Or just accept that you cant go shopping today / that you will be late for work / that the kids are off school / that life doesnt run like a machine to your every whim. Its not the government's fault that its snowing.

And on the other hand, dont use the weather as an excuse to not do things that can easily be done. This country has coped with snow (without salt!!) for hundreds of years without everyone crying off.

Bollocks!!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Re: Whinging helpless morons

Postby gzagee » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:59 pm

The Grabs we know and love.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:05 pm

So true, the 1st day of snow and there were no cars on the roads, I actually got to work quicker than normal lol
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby SE13 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Thing is, and people in this Country fail to realise it, why would the Government spend millions of pounds just in case it snows? It's not that common here, certainly not on the scale seen in Europe and Scandinavia, not to mention that we have different snow here, not the powdery stuff seen on The Continent.

Over there they have different tyres for different seasons, here we just run with a standard tread.

They equip themselves to cope with it, because it will happen, not like here where it might happen for a few days a year. Ok, so this time was different, but even so, people would be moaning like hell if HMG spent a few million having back-ups in case it might happen, and the chances are it won't. Besides which, having spent those millions, what use is the equipment if it's idle for two or three years?

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby djaxster » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:46 pm

I remember the snow last year and poor old Boris was getting grief about snow ploughs and he said that we are not going to spend millions on these if they only get used every 5-15 years> use them once no snow for 5 years then they don't work
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:53 pm

djaxster wrote:I remember the snow last year and poor old Boris was getting grief about snow ploughs and he said that we are not going to spend millions on these if they only get used every 5-15 years> use them once no snow for 5 years then they don't work

Exactly my point above. How often does it actually snow in London? I lived in Lewisham from 1968-1983 and I only remember two occasions, one being in June of 1975!

Even now living in Hell errrr I mean The North, only a handful of times since.

You simply can't justify spending millions on an event that probably won't happen in the first place.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Britain is such a crao country it never snows in the winter and the summer is always rubbish. It's always raining. Mild this, mild that.

Oh no it's snowing what the hell go away cold and snow snap snap government deal with this immediately.

Oh no its far too hot now theres a hosepipe ban whatever will we do.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:02 pm

And this is what happens when you live in a nanny state. People become helpless and dependent on the government for things they should be able to cope with themselves and the government should have nothing to do with.

It is happening over here too and I hate it. Drives me nuts.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:09 pm

Good post. Some things I'd like to add:

People who have gone into work even when it is not safe to should be ridiculed, not treated as heroes! (as one teacher in devon got on the news for)

People moaning about their kids being off school aren't worried about the education of their children, they just don't have the free child care that schools provide!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby SE13 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:09 pm

Sadly the Nanny State came in here when the "blame culture" from over there was adopted.

It's all getting a bit silly now.....

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Leody » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:19 pm

SE13 wrote:Sadly the Nanny State came in here when the "blame culture" from over there was adopted.

I don't care where it started, I fecking hate it and it makes my blood boil...

Sometimes I wish we lived back in the stone age, because then all the helpless twats would just die off. Cull the herd.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Leody wrote:
SE13 wrote:Sadly the Nanny State came in here when the "blame culture" from over there was adopted.

Sometimes I wish we lived back in the stone age, because then all the helpless twats would just die off. Cull the herd.

most people are alrite lets not go too far but some people theres no hope for, before xmas got called out to shower that wasnt working so went in and pulled the pull cord next to shower, switched the shower on and it works, the woman turns round and says 'oh wondered what that switch was for' :doh:
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:38 pm

I saw on the news about a scout camp thats gone ahead despite the weather. Theyre out in the snow sleeping in tents. A huge camp and the organizers just ignored the weather and got on with it. I couldnt believe it, I thought that sort of common sense and determination was long dead. At least some people still have a back bone, even if its just a bunch of kids lol!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby SE13 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Leody wrote:

Hmmm :think:

To be fair, I grew up falling over on snow, it didn't do me any harm. I also grew up playing in a shopping centre being built where I would pull bricks out of the wall built earlier through the day.

Brockley in Lewisham was no place to drive nor walk in the winter of 76 and we knew it, but we just got to where we wanted to go as best we could. If the buses didn't run we walked to the top train. If that didn't work we went to the tube.

Though I'm sure I have mentioned on here before, I did take a tumble on ice and broke my thumb. My entire body went one way and my poor little thumb was caught in a frozen footprint and went the other way. That was 1982.

The winter of 81/82 was the worse I know of, it was -26 one night in London. That was the same day that the sea froze at Margate. Lewisham High Street was completely impassable, my Dad was in Rosyth and it was to a point where you couldn't tell where the road was let alone where the path finished, the drifts were (in some places) 15 foot, and I have the pictures!

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:31 pm

To be fair though,to government should have done more to deal with this weather.
I dont know how bad London/England is general has had it but up in Scotland we've had it pretty bad for over a month now and as a result I know loads of folk who have almost crashed or in some cases have actually crashed.
Not only that the traffic around here is horrendus becuase of it.

Some roads have been closed off all together becuase the ice/snow is that bad that they cannot be driven on.

So I think some people have a right to moan about this weather and the raods becuase is some places they are a f***ing disgrace. Eeven at that, there was a peice in the papaer on sunday about the salt suppliers telling all these companies that they will need more salt as they predicted that the weather would worsen but all the fat-cats ignored this.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Next

Return to The Big Debate