Windows Vs Mac

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Windows Vs Mac

Postby SE13 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:40 pm

Always worthy of a debate.

So what do you prefer, and why?

I have worked with computers since about 1983, and in DOS for the most part. Windows95 came along, and nearly crippled me, because I found it quite difficult to convert to, but it did help to open up the internet to most people.

However, Macs are supposed to be the better format. Virus free, faster, and more user friendly.

What are your views on this? (Please also mention the platform you are using, and why it is better than others)

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby LoupiGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:50 pm

OK my opinion, here's goes nothing :lol:

I have used Windows XP for years, had a PC and laptop, both with Windows. Now, Windows, isn't too bad. I had no problems - except when SP2 came out, and ruined it completely, but no problems.

Then I got fed up with it. Virus updates every day, updates every so often, reboots etc etc. So went to Linux. Then went t*ts up too.

So I gave up with Windows, and Linux too. And went down the Mac route. Now, I can honestly say, I love my Mac. It's amazing. It does what I want it to do. Yes, I may need to reboot for some updates, but it's so stable. No crashes as yet (only had it for 8 months). I've found alternatives for everything. I've only had 1 piece of spyware, but probably was a false alarm. ClamXav isn't very good on Mac though.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth :)
Thanks SGW! <3
LoupiGooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby rvtheace » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:51 pm

http://digitalliving.cnet.co.uk/special ... 2-1,00.htm

^^^ Covers it all pretty well. :lol:

On a more serious note, I work for a Macman from UK, and having seen a bit of both worlds I would say that there isn't really a huge difference either way. Mac's security comes from its rarity more than anything else. And with Vista, Windows has caught up on the prettiness stakes as well.

Plus, can't play no games on a Mac. ;)
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LoupiGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:53 pm

rvtheace wrote:Plus, can't play no games on a Mac. ;)

Can :P

I play Unreal Tournament and World Of Warcraft.

Football Manager works too.
Thanks SGW! <3
LoupiGooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby rvtheace » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:56 pm

LoupiGooner wrote:
rvtheace wrote:Plus, can't play no games on a Mac. ;)

Can :P

I play Unreal Tournament and World Of Warcraft.

Football Manager works too.

Well, ok, one or two. Don't you feel guilty making poor game developers recode their massive software just for the odd apple? :P Pure evil.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby LoupiGooner » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:08 pm

Well apparently they got more games coming out for the Mac - doubt they'd work on my Mac though :lol:
Thanks SGW! <3
LoupiGooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Belz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:18 pm

I have Windows Vista(laptop) and Windows XP(PC). I believe that Windows Vista is better GUI wise, but I believe that Windows XP is better every other way because Windows Vista is over protective, everything you click you a pop up message comes and says somethnk and you have to press ok or cancel its sooooooooooo piss taking :x .

I heard that Mac is much better then Windows but its not as popular so thats why i don't use Mac
Belz
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:24 am

lol I havent used a mac since i was in school & then it was the ancient ones! :lol:

Piston how you finding Vista? my parents recently bought a new pc with it, im not keen on it at all!
Are all the problems sorted with it now?
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby rvtheace » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:56 am

I've got Vista and XP dual-booting from my laptop, and find Vista to be really good... messes up some drivers though!

They've made one or two annoying changes, but mostly, it's gorgeous.

Belz wrote:I have Windows Vista(laptop) and Windows XP(PC). I believe that Windows Vista is better GUI wise, but I believe that Windows XP is better every other way because Windows Vista is over protective, everything you click you a pop up message comes and says somethnk and you have to press ok or cancel its sooooooooooo piss taking :x .

Just go the Control Panel and turn off User Account Control, you'll solve that problem.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to The Big Debate