Should Pete Doherty Face A Custodial??

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Should Pete Doherty Face A Custodial??

Postby Pands » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:01 pm

Doherty's four-week wait

Singer Pete Doherty must wait four weeks to learn if he faces jail time over drugs offences.

The Babyshambles front man has been warned that he could face prison or a community order for driving illegally while in possession of crack, heroin, ketamine and cannabis.

During his appearance at West London Magistrates' Court, he offered to show the position in his stomach where he had an implant to help him kick his drug habit.

His lawyer Sean Curran told the court that Doherty, 28, has been on a detox programme and 'presents himself certainly looking a lot better' since his appearance last month.

District Judge Davinder Lachlar said: 'What I have in mind is to adjourn this matter for four weeks to assess his motivation. What I have in mind is a community order or prison.'

Doherty was arrested on May 5 when his Jaguar was stopped by officers in Kensington High Street, west London.

At that time, Judge Lachlar gave him a chance to prove he wanted to get clean and ordered him to detox or face jail.

Doherty has appeared in court on a number of occasions in the past ten months.

This man has had more chances when it comes to drug related offences than any i know.. and i clearly think it's because he's in the public eye, he's been offered help time and time again to clean his act up and hasn't.. i'm not saying it's easy to come off drugs, but maybe a stint inside will make him realise that just because he has a "celebrity status" that doesn't make him exempt from any charges brought against him.
Last edited by Pands on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth!!
Pands
Michael Thomas

Location: Running Through A Field Full Of Leeks And daffodils.. Otherwise Known As Heaven!!

Postby Trina » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:12 pm

I couldn't agree with you more.

Would a person without the celebrity status get this many chances? No they wouldn't!

So what if he is getting himself on track, he did a crime and should be punished.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Git » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:16 pm

He should be sent to jail straight off, no need to trial or anything.

It's ridiculous that someone has been allowed to parade on television screens setting a bad example like this t**t. Lock him up.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: Should Pete Doherty Face A Custodial??

Postby CLS » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:53 pm

Pands wrote:
Doherty's four-week wait

Singer Pete Doherty must wait four weeks to learn if he faces jail time over drugs offences.

The Babyshambles front man has been warned that he could face prison or a community order for driving illegally while in possession of crack, heroin, ketamine and cannabis.

During his appearance at West London Magistrates' Court, he offered to show the position in his stomach where he had an implant to help him kick his drug habit.

His lawyer Sean Curran told the court that Doherty, 28, has been on a detox programme and 'presents himself certainly looking a lot better' since his appearance last month.

District Judge Davinder Lachlar said: 'What I have in mind is to adjourn this matter for four weeks to assess his motivation. What I have in mind is a community order or prison.'

Doherty was arrested on May 5 when his Jaguar was stopped by officers in Kensington High Street, west London.

At that time, Judge Lachlar gave him a chance to prove he wanted to get clean and ordered him to detox or face jail.

This man has had more chances when it comes to drug related offences than any i know.. and i clearly think it's because he's in the public eye, he's been offered help time and time again to clean his act up and hasn't.. i'm not saying it's easy to come off drugs, but maybe a stint inside will make him realise that just because he has a "celebrity status" that doesn't make him exempt from any charges brought against him.

i know what you are all saying but a stint inside certainly wont stop him taking drugs, if anything he will take more while he's in there.

if anything they should lock him in rehab for a year
where there is a programe were they give you tablets and you are totally monged out and cant move.
so you just lay there for a few months being fed and your ass wiped and everything is flush out of his system,

might work for him

but i doupt it
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby REG » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:26 pm

Trina wrote:I couldn't agree with you more.

Would a person without the celebrity status get this many chances? No they wouldn't!

So what if he is getting himself on track, he did a crime and should be punished.

Exactly it is a f*****g stupid system & if i were a judge etc then i wouldn't give two monkeys who or how big in the world the person is, expect for my Dad :mrgreen:
He's pushed his luck too much & by now he should be in a cell
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Should Pete Doherty Face A Custodial??

Postby Pands » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:22 pm

CLS wrote:
Pands wrote:
Doherty's four-week wait

i know what you are all saying but a stint inside certainly wont stop him taking drugs, if anything he will take more while he's in there.

if anything they should lock him in rehab for a year
where there is a programe were they give you tablets and you are totally monged out and cant move.
so you just lay there for a few months being fed and your ass wiped and everything is flush out of his system,

might work for him

but i doupt it

That's the thing... we all know how widely available drugs are, and prison is no exception... but he should be punished like everyone else for his offences.... I doubt rehab would work for him either.. unless he was somewhere where they can lock you up 24/7

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth!!
Pands
Michael Thomas

Location: Running Through A Field Full Of Leeks And daffodils.. Otherwise Known As Heaven!!

Postby Fee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:23 pm

I couldn't care less if they locked him up and threw away the key - he's a brainless, talentless t**t!
Fee
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:42 pm

Fee wrote:I couldn't care less if they locked him up and threw away the key - he's a brainless, talentless t**t!

sorry fee, i hate him just as much as you if not more, and i dont know how the fcuk he is pumpin kate moss wtf!!!

but he is talented
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ozgooner » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:19 pm

you can't help someone who can't help themselves , simple as that . how many chances has this useless w***er had . in the end he is just another junkie .

a rich , carefree junkie who is shaggin kate moss . hey come to think of it he aint that bad :lol:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:51 am

I can't see that a normal member of public would be given this many chances. Plus he has assaulted a couple of reporters outside various courts.

My sympathy for Doherty ran out some time ago.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fee » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:30 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:
Fee wrote:I couldn't care less if they locked him up and threw away the key - he's a brainless, talentless t**t!

sorry fee, i hate him just as much as you if not more, and i dont know how the fcuk he is pumpin kate moss wtf!!!

but he is talented

I know, I was just in a bad mood when I wrote that so I will re-phrase it...he's a brainless, talented t**t! :P
Fee
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby CLS » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:57 am

Fee wrote:

he's a brainless, talentless t**t!

brainless t**t yes
talentless t**t no
im not a fan of his but he has shit load of talent write good lyrics and has a good voice
if he would just put his mind to it
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:24 am

ozgooner wrote:you can't help someone who can't help themselves , simple as that . how many chances has this useless w***er had . in the end he is just another junkie .

a rich , carefree junkie who is shaggin kate moss . hey come to think of it he aint that bad :lol:

Well said, at least Kate MOss seems to have come to her senses.

All that talent, such a waste.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:52 am

Are any of you actualy fans of Pete? He's a f***ing sound lad I'll tell ya.

He gets bad press all the time but he really is in a much better state than he was before. He'll prove people wrong. He already is but the press like to try and show otherwise as he's an easy target.

We're talking about something that happend three months ago for go sake. He was told to get the implants to help him or he would go to prison - so e did. He was told that if the level of Heroin didn't radualy get lower each month, he would go to prison. Guess what? It lowered, the implants are starting to help him and he is finaly helping himself.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby REG » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:53 am

Thats good to hear
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Next

Return to The Big Debate