Average speed cameras in urban areas FFS!

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: Average speed cameras in urban areas FFS!

Postby Goose » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:40 pm

£900?

Wow, I pay around £500 for a 4.0 V8
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:09 pm

You know what, I really think Labour are a bunch of *****, we are having to make massive cuts as we are low on money and this is a multi multi million pound scheme. There are so many better ways to spend that money, if the tories get in I hope they put the brakes on it sharpish and spend the money on the NHS or put it towards the big shakeup in the education system.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:You know what, I really think Labour are a bunch of *****, we are having to make massive cuts as we are low on money and this is a multi multi million pound scheme. There are so many better ways to spend that money, if the tories get in I hope they put the brakes on it sharpish and spend the money on the NHS or put it towards the big shakeup in the education system.

We will be f***ing lucky if they do any of that.

Only thing the Tories are good for is making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

We will see if everyone is still bleating on about how bad Labour were once the Tories get back into power.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Swan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:51 pm

you guys can always go "free man on the land" and not have to fallow their rules..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:54 pm

gunngunn wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:You know what, I really think Labour are a bunch of *****, we are having to make massive cuts as we are low on money and this is a multi multi million pound scheme. There are so many better ways to spend that money, if the tories get in I hope they put the brakes on it sharpish and spend the money on the NHS or put it towards the big shakeup in the education system.

We will be f***ing lucky if they do any of that.

Only thing the Tories are good for is making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

We will see if everyone is still bleating on about how bad Labour were once the Tories get back into power.

It'll take the Tories the full five year term to pick up the pieces from the f**k up of the last 12 years under Labour......

Ask older people about 1974-1979 (the last time they screwed us all up)

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:59 pm

I swear you could turn any debate into a political or a religious debate. Its madness!!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooneritis » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:20 am

so the uk is almost as bad as over here with regards to their money making schemes.

each of the last 3 fridays the police have carried out a "holiday crack down" on speeders. which is basically over 100 officers at both ends of the city scattered along the motorway catching any speeders at peak time in the morning.

the f***ers were causing mass delays by slowing down the traffic and pulling people over left right and centre. each time they've done it they've booked over 500 speeders.

what a f***ing waste of police time, slowing up people on their way to work in an already congested part of the motorway and taking 100 officers off the street who should be out catching real criminals.

it's not even as though you can speed much on the motorway that time in the morning.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:49 am

Yeah, how dare they try and stop us from speeding and driving dangerously :rolleyes:

If you don't speed, you don't get the fines, seemples!
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby gooneritis » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:56 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Yeah, how dare they try and stop us from speeding and driving dangerously :rolleyes:

If you don't speed, you don't get the fines, seemples!

yeh, i think it's great that whilst bad crime spirals out of control and police resources are stretched to the limit they still find time to sit on their arses catching people going 5 km's over the limit. :rolleyes: what a valuable job they're doing.

catching speeders is one thing, drawing away hundreds of officers to do a job a handful could do = pointless.

nothing new though, easy targets make easy work...
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:19 am

How are average speed check cameras drawing away hundreds of officers? From what I've seen in Devon, it takes a few hours to put the cameras up and then the cameras do the work themselves.
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to The Big Debate