Tiger Woods - Once a cheater always a cheater?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Tiger Woods - Once a cheater always a cheater?

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm sure we've all heard about the Tiger Woods affair now.

I have been getting into a debate here at work about whether he should lose his endorsements because of this, and whether if someone cheats once, should they be labled a cheat forever, or can they change.

I personally don't think he should lose his endorsement deals, because he got those endorsements from being a golfer, not a husband.

Also, as I am against cheating of course, I have cheated on my girlfriend way back in 7th grade, (if that counts at that age). I have never cheated on my wife. But I do believe that people can change. People make mistakes and sometimes it takes those mistakes to realise that you're in the wrong and should change your ways.

Thoughts!?!?!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tiger Woods - Once a cheater always a cheater?

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:19 pm

From my experience it is virtually always once a cheater always a cheater. I have/have had so many friends that cheat and continue to do so when married. A couple even were found out and swore to change their ways to their wives and never did, were just more careful about it.

Once I went on a trip to France with a friend and I met another friend out there who happened to be out there too. She was my uni friend, I had never met her husband yet he started confiding in me how he is going out on his own that night to seek women and how he has cheated before as soon as we were on our own. Some people just love it.

One thing I think is a myth is that guys are so much worse than women as I know many women who also cheat. In fact when it comes to married people cheating I know more married women who have cheated than men.

As for Tiger he should keep his endorsments as they are for being one of the greatest sportsman in the history of the planet.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:22 pm

My name is Gza and I'm a cheater :crybaby:

It feels so good to finally get that off my conscience. :whew:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby SE13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:52 pm

I don't think they should take his sponsorships away, as Chris said it was golf that got him them, and the Companies have made a fortune from his ability (Mind, he's made a fortune out of them too!)

As for him confessing to cheating, it does sound as though it was more than once with more than one person, so in his case he's a serial cheat. I put this somewhere else, but if you're going to play with fire, you will get burnt, so he must be Tiger Embers by now! How on Earth as one of the foremost faces in sport he thought he'd get away with it, I don't know, someone was always going to "kiss and tell" for a handsome back hander.

A mate of mine who was with his girlfriend for a good ten years before they got married went out on a lads night out, got drunk, and cheated on his wife (who at the time was carrying their child) His only explanation was that it was the drink. Yet since that day (which is over ten years ago) he's done it every time the lads (now grown men of course) have gone out.

I'm of the opinion that if you are bold enough to do it in the first place, you are doing so for a reason. Therefore if you've done it once it's either the start of a series of one night stands, or the start of an affair lasting possibly years, possibly even wrecking the home, or worse two homes.

If you have taken the step up the aisle, you forsake all others, that was your promise to the other half. Over step that mark and you might as well forget the whole marriage thing in the first place.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Swan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:26 pm

as for the endorsements i agree he should get to keep them ...

as for the cheat always a cheat no i don't agree... people cheat because they feel some need whatever it may be is not being given to them so they look to another for it so if they meet some one that gives them every need they need then why would they need to go cheat... don't know if that makes sense to you all though
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Swan wrote:as for the endorsements i agree he should get to keep them ...

as for the cheat always a cheat no i don't agree... people cheat because they feel some need whatever it may be is not being given to them so they look to another for it so if they meet some one that gives them every need they need then why would they need to go cheat... don't know if that makes sense to you all though

I think people cheat because its in our natural makeup to spread our seed. We're are nothing more than very advanced animals, and like a dog, it is our instinct to hump anything we can. Now, unlike a dog, we are intelligent enough to know that its wrong (at least in our society, so says the church) but that doesn't change the fact that our natural instinct is to hump as many things as we can. I think this instinct is greater in some than others, but I do believe it is in us all. Not saying that Tiger is right or anyone else who cheats on their spouse, but I think that is a big part of it. I know sometimes some cheat because they're not getting what they want, or are being satisfied, but I think the instinct is another reason.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SE13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:49 pm

I don't think it has anything to do with the Church, you are either married and committed for life, or you aren't, that's surely a moral issue.

Why get married, then sniff elsewhere? You do all that "humping" as you put it before the ring goes on the finger.

Maybe I should post the picture that sparked this thread.....?

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Here we go. Personally I reckon it's been altered in some way, but meh!

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:05 pm

That picture has to be fake. Tiger uses Nike irons. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:10 pm

Tiger Woods obviously has no respect for his Mrs whatsoever. To do it once is bad enough, but from reports he has been at it with at least 3 women.

I cheated on my ex once, learnt never to do that again when I had a knife down my throat for it.....

But with me and Fordy it's different, and now I've become older. We have both said if we even thought about cheating we would end the relationship. I would never ever cheat on him because I couldn't hurt him like that. Plus we have kids too and they would find out about it and be hurt too. That's why me and Fordy are so strong, because we have total honesty.

It's just not worth it imo, if you don't want to be with someone then don't be with them.

Tiger Woods has kids too, must be great for them to be seeing and hearing what there dad is like.

edit: Don't knof if that makes much sense, just woke up lol
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Gunflash » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:51 am

I'm glad that Tiger Woods has been revealed as a love cheat. It makes him more interesting that he's been showed up to be a flawed character. Car crashes and secret affairs. The Tiger has gotten a lot more dangerous.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gzagee » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:22 pm

BBC top news story: blonde haired woman taken by ambulance from Woods family home:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8401706.stm

The plot thickens?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Yea, what is going on in Tigers perfect world?

Apparently it isn't his wife though. Some say they saw her later arriving in the hospital by car. So maybe it was a nanny, or a maid, or something?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:32 pm

I was reading the papers the other day, I think it was 7 women have come forward now and said they had an affair with him...
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:33 pm

Trina wrote:I was reading the papers the other day, I think it was 7 women have come forward now and said they had an affair with him...

I bet 6 of them didn't...

They will all start climbing out of the woodwork now for their 15 minutes of fame.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to The Big Debate