Vinnie Jones, hero or villain?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Vinnie Jones, hero or villain?

Hero
43%
Villain
57%

Total votes : 14

Re: Vinnie Jones, hero or villain?

Postby Briggsy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:46 am

Well you obviously know more than everyone! Your hero is a thug who picks on the smaller footballer not once did I see him try it with a big man, his acting is wooden hence the reason he doesn't get many speaking parts
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:43 pm

There was a game against Utd that I already mentioned where he kicked Cantona, Ince and Keane all early on in the game and then got sent off. Whilst none of them are 'big', I wouldn't fancy taking any of them on.

If anyone has a youtube of that game or even knows when it was please tell me, I'd love to see the highlights again. He basically kicked lumps out of the entire Utd team until he was sent off. That to me automatically makes him a hero! :sneaky2:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby rogerthornhill » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:57 pm

Hero ?? Villain ? Let's just settle for pillock.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:18 pm

rogerthornhill wrote:Hero ?? Villain ? Let's just settle for pillock.

:grin:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Briggsy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:There was a game against Utd that I already mentioned where he kicked Cantona, Ince and Keane all early on in the game and then got sent off. Whilst none of them are 'big', I wouldn't fancy taking any of them on.

If anyone has a youtube of that game or even knows when it was please tell me, I'd love to see the highlights again. He basically kicked lumps out of the entire Utd team until he was sent off. That to me automatically makes him a hero! :sneaky2:

Or a shit footballer!

look at Henry when that Danny Mills got in his face before he took a penalty, what happened later? Henry scored got in his face then later on mugged him off (but you see him as a Judas?)

or young Kieran Gibbs nutmegging lady boy now them 2 examples makes you more of a hero than a thug that is Vinny Jones

Then you say we have no team spirit and that kicking lumps out of people means you have spirit well did you not see how badly Patrice Evra was fouled at Old Trafford last season, really if you want shit thuggish football support Argyle
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fordy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:20 pm

jayantmoudgil wrote:He was a prick and i don't see how he can be a hero to anyone.

he was aprt of the last team that won anything for leeds and i loved him when i was a kid, football was very different then to how it is now.

does that give me a good enough reason to like him lol
Fordy

Postby Briggsy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:29 pm

jayantmoudgil wrote:
Fordy wrote:
jayantmoudgil wrote:He was a prick and i don't see how he can be a hero to anyone.

he was aprt of the last team that won anything for leeds and i loved him when i was a kid, football was very different then to how it is now.

People don't realize that but it is so true. And yes, that is a good enough reason lol.

yeah so that main Alf Haagland fair gain then for Roy keane dont talk nonsense! I know you support dirty Leeds but thats no excuse, Paul Davis broke Glenn Cockrill's jaw and got a 8 match ban now adays footballers get of with 3 game bans, and Davis was racially abused by Cockrill, compare that to Ben thatcher against Mendez would you say thats fair?
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fordy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:39 pm

TheOne2Smooth wrote:
jayantmoudgil wrote:
Fordy wrote:

People don't realize that but it is so true. And yes, that is a good enough reason lol.

yeah so that main Alf Haagland fair gain then for Roy keane dont talk nonsense! I know you support dirty Leeds but thats no excuse, Paul Davis broke Glenn Cockrill's jaw and got a 8 match ban now adays footballers get of with 3 game bans, and Davis was racially abused by Cockrill, compare that to Ben thatcher against Mendez would you say thats fair?

i could probebly find loads of ex arsenal players you like who was dirty players mate even eboue is a dirty t**t and broke terrys foot didnt he?
Fordy

Postby Briggsy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Fordy wrote:
TheOne2Smooth wrote:
jayantmoudgil wrote:
Fordy wrote:

i could probebly find loads of ex arsenal players you like who was dirty players mate even eboue is a dirty t**t and broke terrys foot didnt he?

because your a leeds fan you may of forgot what Terry done Prior to that challenge from Eboue and it wasn't the worst challenge by Eboue but because he is foriegn the press blew it up, its amazing how the press forgot about Terry's 2 footed slide tackle on a floored Cesc Fabregas's chest
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Briggsy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:09 pm

This was taken from a Red Cafe they hate both us and Chelsea the same so you make of it what you will

JazzG
Resident Arse.

Originally Posted by Plechazunga
Shocking tackle - again - from Eboue. But I don't give a feck in this instance. Terry was doing his usual routine of going round the pitch either going in studs up or doing his usual nasty niggly shit. Fair play to Eboue for stepping up and nailing him, Keano would've done the same for us in his day.

I don't think Eboue went in to nail him, he was trying to block but I think he realised he wasn't gonna get it and then decided to leave his foot there. I'm usually the first to condemn him but I won't this time Terry had just nailed Fabregas so he had it coming....
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fordy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:30 pm

you right every player you have ever liked for Arsenal now or in the past as been a saint and a true great of the game, and jones is a t**t and i am wrong for liking him.
Fordy

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:42 pm

TheOne2Smooth wrote:Then you say we have no team spirit and that kicking lumps out of people means you have spirit well did you not see how badly Patrice Evra was fouled at Old Trafford last season, really if you want shit thuggish football support Argyle

I didn't say we had no team spirit, I just said it wasn't what it was in the days of Adams, Bouldy and co. I don't see how anyone could argue that isn't true.

I haven't been to watch Argyle for getting on for three years (unless you count sitting in the Arsenal end in that FA Cup game) but I do regularly go and watch Tiverton Town in non-league football. I get what you would call 'shit thuggish football' there and I enjoy it. At one point the captain even came into the crowd to threaten a supporter who had had a go at him. The standard of football may be poor, but the entertainment value is far better than some Premiership matches. There are plenty more last ditch sliding tackles, plenty more aerial challenges in the box and refs let a lot of things go, which means that the game flows better. It helps that players stay on their feet rather than looking for free kicks at every opportunity. It's also about a quarter of the price to get in and the food is a lot cheaper!

Top flight football has changed since I was a kid and I'm not convinced its for the better.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Briggsy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Not saying there saints but do you ever hear of a Arsenal player smashing Photographers up? Only last year vinnie jones had a bar brawl wow what a hero! You obviously forget the 2 footed slide tackle on a mascot! Real man that
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Briggsy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:55 pm

Football has changed for the better, better quality football, better quality footballers the whole concept of football has changed for the better! If someone asked me if I can watch any game again live! It wouldn't be a game of the 80's. (with the exception of Anfield89) but even that game wasn't that great it was more the result and the way we achieved it! It wasn't a advertisement for Football. I've been watching Arsenal since 82 and none of the teams of the 80's come close to the 98 double team or the invincibles. But if your all for people kicking people. Maybe you should take a short drive to Cornwall and watch the national shin kicking championship because that actually is a contact sport unlike football
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fordy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:05 pm

im not debating if what jones does or as done is right im debating the fact some people think its wrong for me to the like the guy, i dont know why 3 other people voted for liking him but i think bareing in mind how shit my team are now i have every reason for liking a guy who played in the team that is the only thing i have seen my team win.

And for the record football is shit now no matter what you say.

The players are dicks all of them even the ones we like now, over paid W****rs who think they own the world, all of them.

The new grounds are a sack of shit souless money making objects.

The owners of the clubs are w***er bussiness men who dont care about football.

Most fans are twats who know nothing about football and only go for the sake of it.

The managers do nothing but moan and it cost a million quid a year to watch your team even from home.

football died a long time ago what we have now should have a new name.
Fordy

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate