What should be done about Afghanistan?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: What should be done about Afghanistan?

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Of course its not that simple.. But all those "enemies of democracy" were actually made by the US.. Saddam to fight the Islamic revolution in Iran.. Taliban to fight the Russians..
I think they r all criminals and terrorists..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:29 pm

I'm too young and not quite interested enough in world politics to really have an informed opinion... :think:

gzagee wrote:
IMF wrote:If they hadn't been given weapons to fight the russians and then just deserted in the first place; we wouldn't be in this situation.

True story.

I saw a film about this with my dear old uncle, who also supports Arsenal as it goes (my dad supports Ipswich you see (I have no idea why)) I think Tom Hanks was in it but I'm not certain. Back to the subject, er yeah I agree?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DaveVL » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:23 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I'm too young and not quite interested enough in world politics to really have an informed opinion... :think:

gzagee wrote:
IMF wrote:If they hadn't been given weapons to fight the russians and then just deserted in the first place; we wouldn't be in this situation.

True story.

I saw a film about this with my dear old uncle, who also supports Arsenal as it goes (my dad supports Ipswich you see (I have no idea why)) I think Tom Hanks was in it but I'm not certain. Back to the subject, er yeah I agree?

the movie is calles Charlie Wilsons War
DaveVL

Postby StLGooner » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:19 pm

gzagee wrote:
DaveVL wrote:

Watch the movie Charlie Wilson War. He supplied them with arms. he got 200 million dollars for arms but not 1 million to build schools or hospitals.

As IMF said, it's the Americans' fault.

It is our fault, but they would've just got them from somewhere else if we didn't give them to em.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:21 am

The quicker they get out of there the better.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fordy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:42 am

djaxster wrote:
DaveVL wrote:Nuke the south were all the taliban are . Problem solved.

Beat me to it.Tell those you wanna get out and join us the do it otherwise.KABOOM

Could solve two problems at once, the world wants to be nuke free and i cant imagine nukes are easy to get rid of.

So drop all the worlds nukes on the problem zones then the bad guys are dead and the world is nuke free.

Makes sence doesnt it :hiding:
Fordy

Postby Fordy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:48 am

How you do this is send out a poll to all the countrys in the world.

Do you like America nad England yes or no.

If yes

If no
Fordy

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:13 am

Afghan has been going on for alot longer than many realise, 1st covert troops went out there just after the Gulf War ended, 18yrs ago.
If all the troops are pulled out we leave ourselves wide open to being attacked anyway.
There are too many 'players' in positions where they have the power to blow the UK to smitherines.

While these extremist punks believe that islam (their warped version) is the way to world domination then there will never be peace.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Leody » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:00 am

ChVint22 wrote:
gzagee wrote:
DaveVL wrote:

Watch the movie Charlie Wilson War. He supplied them with arms. he got 200 million dollars for arms but not 1 million to build schools or hospitals.

As IMF said, it's the Americans' fault.

It is our fault, but they would've just got them from somewhere else if we didn't give them to em.

Statements like this upset me. There is no sense in trying to place blame. The Afghan fighters would have gotten the weapons from somewhere if they wanted to fight. It just so happened that at the time when The US was in a "Conflict" with Russia we decided to help them. If it wasn't The US it would have been somebody else at some other time. You cannot say that we wouldn't be here today if...<fill in the blank> Nobody is clairvoyant.

But really, what does it matter now? The situation today is what it is and something needs to be done about it. While it is important to understand how we got to where we are today, the more important thing is what we do today to make tomorrow better. The past is in the past and there is nothing that can be done to change it. Look towards the future and do what you think will get us to a better place.

"Don't point fingers, point the way"
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DaveVL » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:34 pm

Fordy wrote:
djaxster wrote:
DaveVL wrote:Nuke the south were all the taliban are . Problem solved.

Beat me to it.Tell those you wanna get out and join us the do it otherwise.KABOOM

Could solve two problems at once, the world wants to be nuke free and i cant imagine nukes are easy to get rid of.

So drop all the worlds nukes on the problem zones then the bad guys are dead and the world is nuke free.

Makes sence doesnt it :hiding:

In my view unless you nuke the south wich is taliban region. But if you don't Nato will lose the war. Even in america they are demanding the withdrawel of troops. That will be another victory for islamic extremist. They haven't lost one fight cause if they die theire martyrs. Kill the head of the beast , meaning kill the leaders. Some are in Pakistan Sudan but most are in the south.
How many more Soldiers and civilians have to die in this war. Will a nuke kill innocent people yes but alot less than if this war would continue for 10 years.
Are you capapble of killing 1 innocent to save millions.
If we lose this war afghanistan will become a safe haven to a new generation of extremists funded by Saudia Arabia and pakistan.
Theire was a report that 1/10 of the money those organisations get come from the west
DaveVL

Postby Fordy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:10 pm

i was joking when i said to nuke people
Fordy

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:52 am

Why dont the west sit down and try and negotiate (i know you shouldnt negotiate with terrorists but..) Just tell them ok we will withdraw our forces, and leave you lot to it, but no more gayness or we will nuke the f**k out of you.
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby DaveVL » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:57 pm

Nuke the south and than help the revolution in Iran
DaveVL

Postby Goose » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Wow, DaveVL, might as well nuke the whole world, just in case they try something
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:15 pm

UK forces should be used to defend the UK from attack and they are not doing that in Afghanistan. They have failed to control the Taliban or to eliminate Al Queda (like they were ever going to be able to in the first place....) And they have failed to stop the production of heroin. So just what is the point?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate