What should be done about Afghanistan?

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: What should be done about Afghanistan?

Postby gzagee » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Apparently PM Brown refused to send more troops to Afghanistan and now the world waits to see whether Obama will or won't send more as well.

Ms Pelosi said they won't send more troops without a proper military strategy...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby UFGN » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:27 pm

gzagee wrote:Apparently PM Brown refused to send more troops to Afghanistan and now the world waits to see whether Obama will or won't send more as well.

Ms Pelosi said they won't send more troops without a proper military strategy...

Brown is facing a general election next year so watch him go cold on the idea of sending more troops pretty feckin fast.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:33 pm

gzagee wrote:Apparently PM Brown refused to send more troops to Afghanistan and now the world waits to see whether Obama will or won't send more as well.

I thought Obama did send more just a few weeks ago? :think:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:56 pm

ChVint22 wrote:

i though he sent shit loads 21k or something daft like that
Fordy

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:59 pm

Fordy wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

i though he sent shit loads 21k or something daft like that

Thats what I thought too, but maybe they're talking about more now. This will never end.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:15 pm

There's talk of deploying another 40,000 but congress can't agree, or something to that effect. That's why Leader of House of Reps Pelosi said there'd have to be a clear strategy first.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Forest » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:18 pm

what ever is done or not done it will be the wrong call in some peoples eyes. glad i dont get to make these choices
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:30 pm

gzagee wrote:There's talk of deploying another 40,000 but congress can't agree, or something to that effect. That's why Leader of House of Reps Pelosi said there'd have to be a clear strategy first.

I got a strategy for my troops...don't accidentally shoot any Brits while over there or you'll never hear the end of it from your British friends. :biggrin:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:31 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
gzagee wrote:There's talk of deploying another 40,000 but congress can't agree, or something to that effect. That's why Leader of House of Reps Pelosi said there'd have to be a clear strategy first.

I got a strategy for my troops...don't accidentally shoot any Brits while over there or you'll never hear the end of it from your British friends. :biggrin:

Dont accidentally shoot anyone would be the best plan :biggrin:
Fordy

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Fordy wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

One step at a time Fordy, our troops get kind of an itchy trigger finger. If we told them they can't shoot people nobody would sign up for the military. :) ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fordy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:36 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Fordy wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

One step at a time Fordy, our troops get kind of an itchy trigger finger. If we told them they can't shoot people nobody would sign up for the military. :) ;)

That would make our troops feel better :rofll:
Fordy

Postby SE13 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:12 pm

Fordy wrote:That would make our troops feel better :rofll:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby DaveVL » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:15 pm

Goose wrote:Wow, DaveVL, might as well nuke the whole world, just in case they try something

why not what if the taliban takes over pakistan a nuclear country or Iran makes nukes.
DaveVL

Postby gooner90 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:59 am

just nuke it or get out of there too many men dieing for no reason what so ever really in my opinion whats been achieved after all these years? Nothing can be done with those places
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby damo1583 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:55 am

More troops needed, but surely this is a NATO mission so let see the French and the Germans upping their numbers to match ours........

Incedently Afghanistan has never been defeated, the territory is impossible to penetrate in places and most people do not realise the vast size of the country vertically aswell as geographically!
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate