The next generation of kids

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Postby Piston Broke » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:54 am

SE13 wrote:Thing is, National Service vanished, and along with it went discipline. If all parents had that drummed inside them now, would they let their kids run riot nowaday? The fear of reprisal is all too clear in this Nanny State we now live in. Some of the garbage defies belief. When I was a kid, The Police patrolled the streets with regular beats, and they would cuff you if you were misbehaving. Nowadays the kids have greater rights than the people employed to police them. It's sheer madness!

I agree heavily with national Service Thing i have few German freinds who all did national Service and not one of them WANTED to do it but when they'd did it they said it's the best thing they'd ever done and they were glad for the experience & disipline it had taught them
Bring it back i say
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby CLS » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:03 am

[quote="REG

i though have the full & up most respect for my parents [/quote]

that comment there from reg sums it up for me really

if every child had some respect not only for there parent but other human beings in the first place they wouldnt dare do half the stuff they do.

i to totally respected my mum and yes we all do silling thing but if you really cared about what your parents thought you wouldnt cross the line
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ken day » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:46 pm

I have said it all before. kids respect nothing, parents teachers police nothing.
Its lack of disapline at home and schools thats allowing these kids to run riot.
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:54 pm

Piston Broke wrote:
SE13 wrote:Thing is, National Service vanished, and along with it went discipline. If all parents had that drummed inside them now, would they let their kids run riot nowaday? The fear of reprisal is all too clear in this Nanny State we now live in. Some of the garbage defies belief. When I was a kid, The Police patrolled the streets with regular beats, and they would cuff you if you were misbehaving. Nowadays the kids have greater rights than the people employed to police them. It's sheer madness!

I agree heavily with national Service Thing i have few German freinds who all did national Service and not one of them WANTED to do it but when they'd did it they said it's the best thing they'd ever done and they were glad for the experience & disipline it had taught them
Bring it back i say

You have hit the nail on the head there.

As you know im ex army, but mine was through choice, it was what i wanted to do since i was knee-high to a grasshopper.
I was going off the rails a bit in my teenage years, did some bad shit, luckily i never got caught or would never have got in the forces.

I did love my parents, and was petrified they would find out the crap id been upto, but had got in with the 'wrong crowd' for a little while.
The Army changed my attitude towards things big time.
Completely turned me around.#

Sometimes i dread to think what i would have turned out like, i wasnt whiter than white in the army, did 3 days jail for insabordination (sp?) basically gobbing it off, but id had a really really bad day, that just got worse, & my being mouth almighty at times, told the wrong person to f***off, gotta laugh now. :lol:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby wingerswatts » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:37 pm

i think part of the problem is people wanting to grow up to quickly
wingerswatts
Patrick Vieira

Postby REG » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:53 pm

I had to but i'm fine
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ken day » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:32 am

The problem is to many one parent famlies, teachers cant disapline kids, cops have no powers.
The only way to tackle this is to hold the parents responsible for kids onder say 18, that way parents wil want to know what their kids are up to so they dont get fined.
I grew up in a tough district, Angel Islington and went to an all boys school in somers town (in between Kings cross and Euston stations)there were gangs, we got a kicking and they got a kicking, but all the guns and knives is a joke. How do they get hold of guns.
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Previous

Return to The Big Debate