Childhood obesity

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Childhood obesity

Postby Trina » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:50 pm

Who is to blame? Is it the parents themselves, who willingly feed their children junk food and fast food on a regular basis? Is it the suppliers, who continue to make the food? Is it the children, who are so addicted to the food and shun exercise? Or is it someone or something else?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Libertine » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:54 pm

The parents.

Simple as that.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CLS » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:10 pm

parent ,they feed then and buy all the crap
if they didnt buy it the kids casnt eat it

plus letting them play computer for 8 hours a day

shit that how long im on here for every day

just off jogging bye
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:15 pm

If it's obesity caused by eating habits then its the parents, they should make sure their kids eat a well balanced diet, although i dont think there's any harm in having junk food occaisionally.
Plus alot of parents are quite dillussional about whats healthy & whats not.

The sweets thing is another issue, im quite lucky with mine, not saying they dont get sweets, but both my kids eat ALOT of fruit, especailly my youngest, at least thats better for them than a bag of crisps or penguin bar ect.
I spend a small fortune on fruit the rate my kids go through it, but then again id be complaining of they were asking for crap all the time.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Adz » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:19 pm

Its definally the parents fault. because it aint like the kids would be fat if the parents didnt buy all the food for them. However the kids should do some exercise and should think about what they are eating.

But the fact that the parents give them food when you are young is only going to make the kids when older eat bigger portions and lead to obesity.

Giving your kids treats is ok but just letting your kids eat whatever they want, when they wont is wrong.
Adz
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby AFCJosh » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:09 pm

Obesse People should be shot!

No offence if theres any obesse people here
AFCJosh
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Trina » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:02 pm

AFCJosh wrote:Obesse People should be shot!

Being obese isn't always to do with food though Josh. There are many illness's out there that can cause it, cancer for one.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby emmagicaleboue » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:54 pm

I think it is a combination of factors. Parents are certainly to blame in some cases...either through weakness or an inability to maintain a healthy diet for their kids, or sheer lazyness where mc donalds is easier than making some healthy grub!

In other cases, society and consumerism is to blame...vending machines in schools etc. Saying that, I wouldn't like my rights as a consumer in a capitalist society to be restricted and I personally managed to get through my childhood years at a perfectly healthy weight level, so there's no reasons why a majority of others shouldn't be able to do likewise.

I think the government and institutions could do a lot more to keep our kids healthy. Dieting in my opinion isn't right for kids, they should enjoy food for what it is and excrcise is more important. Better facilities in schools could do a lot more for kids...saying that, schools in the US enjoy gyms, stadiums, all sorts of superior facilities...but then look at their obesity levels!

One thing I would say, from a sporting perspective. If our country wants to excel internationally, sporting facilities and coverage at an amateur/child level could certainly be improved. I noticed that Sky Sports covered the Sainsburys schools athletic championships (or somthing to that effect) which I thought was a really positive thing to do. In America, college football and basketball draw in massive crowds to live games and huge tv coverage making their sport, even at that level, extremely popular. If the same was apparant in the UK, kids would probably spend more time after school in extra curicular sports clubs as opposed to sitting in front of the tv at home. Maybe this would solve the current obese epedemic!
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby AFCJosh » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:36 pm

Trina wrote:
AFCJosh wrote:Obesse People should be shot!

Being obese isn't always to do with food though Josh. There are many illness's out there that can cause it, cancer for one.

O yeh sorry, No offence to any medically obese people i didnt mean you.

Any non-medically obese (purely to do with eating to much and not excersising enough) people should be shot!
AFCJosh
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Adz » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:24 pm

Josh just becasue someone is obesse dosent mean they should be shot you idiot.

Ok maybe they are fat people who are killing themselves anyway but just becasue they are fat dosent mean they should die and not have a life.

Some people who are obesse can turn it round mate.
Adz
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby REG » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:32 pm

Most people have that few extra pounds that they don't want but we live with it
I don't like the parents allowing there kids to turn out like them
Even the other week i saw a little girl with her parents & they were gernally all fat
They had about 3 large bottles of Coke in the bag which wasn't nice to look at but for some families it's not so simple
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

The Art of Cropping

Postby Adz » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:42 pm

Adz
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby REG » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:44 pm

:mrgreen:
REG
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:01 am

lol Adz! nobosy will ever look at a myspace 'head & shoulders pic' the same way again! :lol:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Re: The Art of Cropping

Postby CLS » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:41 am

Adz wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS