British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:49 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:I don't get why people don't think Labour are a credible option. How much more qualified and experienced can you be be than Starmer?

How long have you got? Captain Hindsight had several opportunities to actually act as an opposition and impose a defeat on the government during lockdown and bottled it each time. He does pointless gestures like the no-confidence vote he had 0 chance of winning. He can't control his party by holding them off picket lines. He's got Lauren Cooper as his deputy. He has little charisma. He backed unpopular policies (masks etc.) to name but a few.

But you are right, who do they actually have that would be a credible alternative? Diane Abbott? :rofll:
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:52 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:Is it me or has everyone lost track of a very basic fact in this energy price crisis we're facing?

Gas and electricity used to be national assets. They were sold off by the Tories in 1986 (gas) and 1990 (electricity)

They're now talking about giving us "handouts". Like they're doing us a favour. That should have been our money to start with. If the companies hadn't been privatised then they wouldn't be taking record breaking profits out of the industry and prices would be lower!

Do they think we're fools?

Yes they do.

We are ......... Govt watchdog groups have been knee capped in the last decade, Labour also are doing a poor job of holding the Govt to account by not being a real credible threat.

We are in dire need of a credible opposition to take the Tories out and I feel we need one long term.

Maybe the Lib Dems?

Someone needs to step in a get a grip on this, France as you can see from PG's link still has fear of people power, there is none over here, we're becoming like America, fodder for corruption.

Time for a big change imo.

Oh stop this nonsense DG. You're as usual finding creative ways to blame the left for problems ENTIRELY caused by the Tories
If you seriously can't see that despite his shortcomings Starmer is a much better option than what this filth government have to offer, then bollox to you

Starmer is a serious candidate to be Prime Minister. He's a fiercely intelligent man with an analytical brain who had held important legal and political positions for decades. There can rarely have been a more qualified candidate to be PM. In an international crisis, who would you prefer to have in the room representing us? Or in cabinet chairing an emergency COBRA meeting? Him or Liz Truss?

You have here a government that has caused untold damage to this country. You have an opposition who's worse crime is a lack of boldness. If you don't swallow your built in anti left BS and support Labour in these circumstances, then you have no claim to be a anything but a Tory puppet.

Lib Dems? No. Not this time. This is an emergency and we need to get the Tories out by any means. And that's coming from me, a member of the Liberal Democrat Party who would love them to be in power.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:42 pm

How can I be a Tory puppet you numpty when I'm saying they need to go and have never claimed any politcal party??

Starmner lost a lot of support in Britain when he went hook line and sinker into all that BLM, American PC, kneeling in front of the camera BS.

I told you the British public don't like that kind of American BS and Starmner let Labour go full ret*rd with it.
......... and that is what I mean when I say Labour have harmed their own route to power, in the end of the day your weakness is you refuse to see things from the side that isn't your own, I being neutral look at both sides and I'm telling you half of Britain if not more, lost all respect for Starmner because of those antics.

That is what I mean by Labour need to shape up, its not about Left, its about making yourself a candidate that the moderates will vote for.

Your cold war Left vs Right agenda is old hat, very 80's of you, people these days simply vote for a party who they feel will improve their lot, its time you woke up to 2022, unless someones paying my bills I don't owe anybody anything, much less a political party full of w*nkers and crooks, if you think I'm pro tory your under estimating my view of how low politicians are, I'm "pro-tory" only when they are offering something I want to happen, if not then they can get fked for all I care, same as any political party.

We as in my lot in the centre ground are the majority, we are the king makers ....... you guys on the fringe Left or the Fringe Right should just be clapping like seals for our approval.

.......... and I'm telling you Starmner doesn't command the sort of love in from the average guy on the street that you have for him, if he hadn't of done all that American clown sh*t he may of stood half a chance.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:How can I be a Tory puppet you numpty when I'm saying they need to go and have never claimed any politcal party??

Starmner lost a lot of support in Britain when he went hook line and sinker into all that BLM, American PC, kneeling in front of the camera BS.

I told you the British public don't like that kind of American BS and Starmner let Labour go full ret*rd with it.
......... and that is what I mean when I say Labour have harmed their own route to power, in the end of the day your weakness is you refuse to see things from the side that isn't your own, I being neutral look at both sides and I'm telling you half of Britain if not more, lost all respect for Starmner because of those antics.

That is what I mean by Labour need to shape up, its not about Left, its about making yourself a candidate that the moderates will vote for.

Your cold war Left vs Right agenda is old hat, very 80's of you, people these days simply vote for a party who they feel will improve their lot, its time you woke up to 2022, unless someones paying my bills I don't owe anybody anything, much less a political party full of w*nkers and crooks, if you think I'm pro tory your under estimating my view of how low politicians are, I'm "pro-tory" only when they are offering something I want to happen, if not then they can get fked for all I care, same as any political party.

We as in my lot in the centre ground are the majority, we are the king makers ....... you guys on the fringe Left or the Fringe Right should just be clapping like seals for our approval.

.......... and I'm telling you Starmner doesn't command the sort of love in from the average guy on the street that you have for him, if he hadn't of done all that American clown sh*t he may of stood half a chance.

It’s not about left and right until your next anti left outburst…….you decide when it’s left vs right, hay?

Honestly DG, I don’t give a f**k. It’s not my job to make you behave like a decent human being.

You have spent years…. YEARS….. doing nothing but slag off Labour and the left. Then when the country is on its knees because of the antics of TWO PRIME MINISTERS YOU PERSONALLY SUPPORTED, May and Johnson, you’re still spending more time whinging like a child about Starmer, than all the combined harm the c**** you supported have done

Truss wants to essentially make trade unions illegal and strip workers rights to the bone. She also wants to pay teachers and firefighters in poor areas less because “the cost of living is lower there “

It’s time YOU woke up to 2022. This is the person you are saying nothing about. This is the person who is about to become Prime Minister, and only Starmer can remove her.

You’ll know nothing about these policies and others like them until they happen, then you’ll be wringing your hands about how terrible it all is on this very thread. You’ve got form for it.

But you can’t see the importance of removing these crooks can you? You don’t understand the urgency. If you were truly a centrist you would. But you’re not.

You’re more angry about Starmer taking the knee than workers rights being destroyed. And that’s an actual demonstrable fact.

Genuinely, you should vote conservative. It’s what you are, it’s what you deserve.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:23 am

Liz Truss going out of her way to shill for energy companies and criticise windfall taxes on them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62513966

But speaking at a hustings in Cheltenham, Ms Truss said she "absolutely" did not support windfall taxes, calling it a "Labour idea".

"It's all about bashing business and it sends the wrong message to international investors and to the public," the foreign secretary added.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:31 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:How can I be a Tory puppet you numpty when I'm saying they need to go and have never claimed any politcal party??

It’s not about left and right until your next anti left outburst…….you decide when it’s left vs right, hay?

Honestly DG, I don’t give a f**k. It’s not my job to make you behave like a decent human being.

You have spent years…. YEARS….. doing nothing but slag off Labour and the left. Then when the country is on its knees because of the antics of TWO PRIME MINISTERS YOU PERSONALLY SUPPORTED, May and Johnson, you’re still spending more time whinging like a child about Starmer, than all the combined harm the c**** you supported have done

Truss wants to essentially make trade unions illegal and strip workers rights to the bone. She also wants to pay teachers and firefighters in poor areas less because “the cost of living is lower there “

It’s time YOU woke up to 2022. This is the person you are saying nothing about. This is the person who is about to become Prime Minister, and only Starmer can remove her.

You’ll know nothing about these policies and others like them until they happen, then you’ll be wringing your hands about how terrible it all is on this very thread. You’ve got form for it.

But you can’t see the importance of removing these crooks can you? You don’t understand the urgency. If you were truly a centrist you would. But you’re not.

You’re more angry about Starmer taking the knee than workers rights being destroyed. And that’s an actual demonstrable fact.

Genuinely, you should vote conservative. It’s what you are, it’s what you deserve.

This is why you and your ilk can't win elections.

You have the social skills of a rabid dog.

You do not win voters by attacking people, something Labour and the PC brigade Left that we've been forced to endure these last 10 years should of learned by now.

But off you pop, lose another election and then cry about it after.

Neutrals only care about policies and the effects those policies have on our daily lives, we don't care about Left vs Right agenda or angles ........ or being guilt tripped.

"You get what you deserve, be a decent human being" blah blah ...........

I want to hear about actual policies and that you won't spend your time in office forcing PC bollocks down our necks every day ......... neutrals are not attracted by that kind of behaviour.

Deal with it.

I mean ffs, why do you think the Tories can misbehave till the cows come home and you still can't win? YOU are not an attractive alternative, get it through your head ......... that's how bad Labour has been recently, you can't even beat a hobbled Tory party.

I haven't voted in over a decade so that's another fail for you, I don't need to, I know the mood of the people and its always resulted in how I would of voted, if I ever felt that was under threat I'd vote, but I understand the British mood, you up there in Smoke City don't.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:56 pm

Hate to say it, but London is a bit of an echo chamber for the left
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:

This is why you and your ilk can't win elections.

You have the social skills of a rabid dog.

You do not win voters by attacking people, something Labour and the PC brigade Left that we've been forced to endure these last 10 years should of learned by now.

But off you pop, lose another election and then cry about it after.

Neutrals only care about policies and the effects those policies have on our daily lives, we don't care about Left vs Right agenda or angles ........ or being guilt tripped.

"You get what you deserve, be a decent human being" blah blah ...........

I want to hear about actual policies and that you won't spend your time in office forcing PC bollocks down our necks every day ......... neutrals are not attracted by that kind of behaviour.

Deal with it.

I mean ffs, why do you think the Tories can misbehave till the cows come home and you still can't win? YOU are not an attractive alternative, get it through your head ......... that's how bad Labour has been recently, you can't even beat a hobbled Tory party.

I haven't voted in over a decade so that's another fail for you, I don't need to, I know the mood of the people and its always resulted in how I would of voted, if I ever felt that was under threat I'd vote, but I understand the British mood, you up there in Smoke City don't.

I'm not attacking "people" I'm attacking YOU

I'm calling you a fake, a bollox merchant. Someone who is perpetually more interested in trans toilets than people losing their jobs.

It's you who loses when the Tories win, not only me. But when those bad things happen, you'll firstly be surprised, and then you'll blame the left. Because that's all you ever do.....the centrist who blames the left for the actions of the left, and the left for the actions of the right.

Labour have announced policy on Energy. Why don't you, all by yourself, go and find it and read it. I know my posts on GW have been a major news source for you in the past, but sorry, do it yourself.

You don't care about policies. You've written virtually nothing about what Truss is putting forward. Because you haven't got a clue what she's putting forward. Because you haven't bothered reading anything about it.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:23 am

.........or because simply put, I don't support Liz Truss full stop.

Is that straight forward enough for you? I think her being PM is a terrible idea, don't like Rishi either, wouldn't vote for either of them.

In fact and as I've stated which your conveniently ignoring is that imo the Tories are scraping the bottom of the barrel and I'd be interested in them being replaced.

But yes keep telling me I'm a Tory shill why don't you, is this how welcoming you are to everyone who agrees with you? .....again, you wonder why it's so hard for your ilk to attract voters?

It's the equivalent of you saying "We want your help but your all a bunch of cnts".

How pleasant.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:48 am

DiamondGooner wrote:.........or because simply put, I don't support Liz Truss full stop.

Is that straight forward enough for you? I think her being PM is a terrible idea, don't like Rishi either, wouldn't vote for either of them.

In fact and as I've stated which your conveniently ignoring is that imo the Tories are scraping the bottom of the barrel and I'd be interested in them being replaced.

But yes keep telling me I'm a Tory shill why don't you, is this how welcoming you are to everyone who agrees with you? .....again, you wonder why it's so hard for your ilk to attract voters?

It's the equivalent of you saying "We want your help but your all a bunch of cnts".

How pleasant.
If there was a general election tomorrow and Labour promised nationalisation whilst the tories said they'd just keep plodding along would you be tempted to vote?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:53 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:.........or because simply put, I don't support Liz Truss full stop.

How pleasant.
If there was a general election tomorrow and Labour promised nationalisation whilst the tories said they'd just keep plodding along would you be tempted to vote?

Nationalisation of the Energy sector?

Yes I would vote for that and I believe a lot of the British public, possibly even a majority would.

This has become a national emergency and highlighted a flaw and its touched every household, it needs sorting and imo plodding along is not an option.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:12 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

How pleasant.

Nationalisation of the Energy sector?

Yes I would vote for that and I believe a lot of the British public, possibly even a majority would.

This has become a national emergency and highlighted a flaw and its touched every household, it needs sorting and imo plodding along is not an option.

The cost would be astronomical. If we were in better financial shape we could probably do it. But we are not, so we can't.

That is the damage the Tories did with, in particular, that sort of nationalisation. The whole company is gone from public ownership. They were all bought and paid for and now shareholders own them.

You have to buy back all the shares of all the companies. Good luck with that. It's scorched earth vandalism caused by the Tories so their mates could get rich.

Labour propose freezing the energy cap instead of increasing it like Liz Truss will do

They propose a further windfall tax..... something Truss opposes and calls "labour policy"

They have also previously called for VAT on energy bills to be abolished, something this government won't do

They also propose forcing energy companies to charge people stuck on pre payment meters (mostly poor people) the same as other customers, instead of charging the poorest higher bills. The Tories couldn't give a f**k about this

This is why I give you a hard time. Having given the Tories the benefit of the doubt for years, you now see that they're shit..... but your price for supporting Labour is that they do something that they CAN'T do..... BECAUSE OF THE f***ing TORIES

UFGN

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:56 pm

Nah, have to re-nationalise imo
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:56 pm

Technically (and only technically) we could just do what we did with the East India Company and take it via an act of Parliament. Especially with no EU to stop us.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:06 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:Nah, have to re-nationalise imo

You go away and work out the value of those companies then come back here with your big talk!

You could I suppose carry out a wrecking campaign against the companies while in government, do everything you legally can to undermine and wreck their share price.......then nationalise once theyve been softened up...... not sure if you'd get away with it though. It would be grey as fk

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate