American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Losmeister » Sat May 28, 2022 10:27 pm

some of the outright fascism in this thread... so much for meoderators
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat May 28, 2022 10:27 pm

Losmeister wrote:some of the outright fascism in this thread... so much for meoderators

oh yeah. i forgot "both sideism" is a thing
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun May 29, 2022 3:11 pm

Losmeister wrote:some of the outright fascism in this thread... so much for meoderators

Interesting and ironic comment. "Outright fascism" with no context presented or examples cited. Then the call for censorship by a moderator to protect someone from ideas they disagree with. Now transpose all this to the bigger stage and you get our current social construct in a nutshell. "Oh dear, please protect me from opinions and logic that might challenge my beliefs". You see fascism dies from free speech as thus requires censorship to silence others. So I suggest we may have found true "outright fascism" in someone rather ignorantly conflating fascism with someone else holding an opposing view.

These sorts have pushed too far and many a frog is leaping out of the heating pot which is of course the leftists worst nightmare. Perhaps we should deem the Summer of 22 as the "season of melting snowflakes" ? If so the political and social shift back to normality is well underway.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 29, 2022 11:53 pm

Have to agree, if you believe something is facist then name and shame, quote it and shoot it down with debate/ challenge it.

Moderators should only step in if someone is spouting outright hate speech or undeniable facism.

You can't have a politics thread if people are banned from talking politics, no one wing should get majority control on allowed speech unless it fits the description I stated above imo.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon May 30, 2022 1:07 pm

Losmeister wrote:

If you want a civilised discussion, you have to hear the other side. Otherwise, you are living in an echo chamber.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon May 30, 2022 1:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Have to agree, if you believe something is facist then name and shame, quote it and shoot it down with debate/ challenge it.

Moderators should only step in if someone is spouting outright hate speech or undeniable facism.

You can't have a politics thread if people are banned from talking politics, no one wing should get majority control on allowed speech unless it fits the description I stated above imo.

The same for unacceptable use of racist of words. Why "ban" the words when the most effective tactic is to expose and shame the person. Laughing at them is not the response they expect nor care for. They want to be screamed at, they want to a reaction, they want to be taken seriously far beyond their real status and influence.

This whole issue is one of the bastardization of language and definitions, diluting words to the extent that a papercut is treated as a stab to the heart. Everything is racist, fascist, phobic etc and thus everything and anything can be deemed hateful or evil...so the bigger question is who decides to ban what? We see this the UK with free speech. With "hate speech". With the defunct Mary Poppins czarship. With Twitter and Facebook. And anyone who can't see that this situation derives straight from PC culture is a budding authoritarian or simply unable substantiate their arguments... which then results in name calling and resorting to calling everything fascist, then comes"cancelation" and then state control of your mind. As a result a small minority of butt hurt individuals with the backing of a butt hurt media and government come to control everyone else's actions and TRY to control thinking as politicians do in the pursuit of even more power. This is why the tyranny by the minority is just as dangerous as the tyranny of the majority. This is what the US Constitution is designed to protect from, and when followed it works better than any other system devised by humans.

In life you don't need to agree with everyone else, and conversely you should not think everyone needs to agree with you.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Mon May 30, 2022 2:15 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

If you want a civilised discussion, you have to hear the other side. Otherwise, you are living in an echo chamber.

Your opinion might be worth a shit if you didn't regularly churn out low level racism and negative clichés like some Vanarama League 70s club comedian who wasn't funny in his hay day
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon May 30, 2022 7:40 pm

Your opinion might be worth a shit if you didn't regularly churn out low level racism and negative clichés like some Vanarama League 70s club comedian who wasn't funny in his hay day

And just on cue... :crybaby: :rofll:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Mon May 30, 2022 8:11 pm

you dont valiudate nazism and fascism by calling it a legit POV... there is no "side" to that side.. thats just hateful dehumanizing BS.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon May 30, 2022 8:13 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Have to agree, if you believe something is facist then name and shame, quote it and shoot it down with debate/ challenge it.

let the fox in the henhouse.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Mon May 30, 2022 9:36 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:

You still sore that I called people who shoot animals for sport c****? :crybaby: :crybaby:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue May 31, 2022 12:28 pm

UFGN wrote:

You still sore that I called people who shoot animals for sport c****? :crybaby: :crybaby:

Huh? I made the point that you don't really understand the issue not that you don't have the right to hold that rather bigoted and ignorant opinion. You do, but given you have no use for facts nor logic that becomes YOUR burden not mine.

That said if you would like to have a discussion about hunting we could present arguments on both sides in a civil manner right? That is my point about PC censorship being a way to avoid anything that challenges a belief. But you and most others that view everything from an emotional baseline rather than accepting facts and logic much less examining the results or consequences. So the argument becomes one of demonization of others. That is a point that would be lost on a member of Westboro Baptist Church, PETA or a radical Islamist...your way or the highway and when that fails to get the instant gratification required the only place left to go is hate. You seem to have more hate than love sadly, certainly no tolerance of others.

But your comment peaked my interest in why you hate hunters. So how do YOU differentiate between "sport hunting" and just plain old hunting and thus the innate part of human nature? Especially male (though not restricted to men) human nature where harvesting resources be it meat, fur, fish or fowl where by the act of hunting provides sport as well as resource gathering.
You might not understand that the goal is not to find glee in killing, that is reserved for kids torturing a lizard. Sport is a proxy for conflict and also when looked at in terms of hunting, a proxy activity that addresses the innate human trait I mentioned above. Now what I just did was ascribe my own sense of self as well as scientific research into the human being and what drives us. Is hunting essential in 2022 for survival? Nope, but it fills a need that many a man's soul requires. Do hunters demand everyone think as they do? Nope again. People are different and have different skills, interests and desires. As is it always has been. In times past the good hunters enjoyed it and were providers. Others were weavers or boat builders. That is why it is essential FOR folks to follow their souls and be what they are right? So why are people who hunt and enjoy it c**** exactly? Because it is something you don't have in your soul.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Tue May 31, 2022 1:13 pm

UFGN wrote:

Huh? I made the point that you don't really understand the issue not that you don't have the right to hold that rather bigoted and ignorant opinion. You do, but given you have no use for facts nor logic that becomes YOUR burden not mine.

That said if you would like to have a discussion about hunting we could present arguments on both sides in a civil manner right? That is my point about PC censorship being a way to avoid anything that challenges a belief. But you and most others that view everything from an emotional baseline rather than accepting facts and logic much less examining the results or consequences. So the argument becomes one of demonization of others. That is a point that would be lost on a member of Westboro Baptist Church, PETA or a radical Islamist...your way or the highway and when that fails to get the instant gratification required the only place left to go is hate. You seem to have more hate than love sadly, certainly no tolerance of others.

But your comment peaked my interest in why you hate hunters. So how do YOU differentiate between "sport hunting" and just plain old hunting and thus the innate part of human nature? Especially male (though not restricted to men) human nature where harvesting resources be it meat, fur, fish or fowl where by the act of hunting provides sport as well as resource gathering.
You might not understand that the goal is not to find glee in killing, that is reserved for kids torturing a lizard. Sport is a proxy for conflict and also when looked at in terms of hunting, a proxy activity that addresses the innate human trait I mentioned above. Now what I just did was ascribe my own sense of self as well as scientific research into the human being and what drives us. Is hunting essential in 2022 for survival? Nope, but it fills a need that many a man's soul requires. Do hunters demand everyone think as they do? Nope again. People are different and have different skills, interests and desires. As is it always has been. In times past the good hunters enjoyed it and were providers. Others were weavers or boat builders. That is why it is essential FOR folks to follow their souls and be what they are right? So why are people who hunt and enjoy it c**** exactly? Because it is something you don't have in your soul.

It's got nothing to do with providing meat or resources or essential control of numbers.

Sometimes hunting is done for those reasons and if that is necessary, I have little issue with it being done as an essential chore or professional job.

The point is, if you enjoy looking down the barrel of a gun and shooting an intelligent animal...... Note I said enjoy, then you're a horrible c***. To reduce that creature, and it's whole life, down to a prop for your momentary amusement, is cruel and I'd say even evil.

You can enter pedantic wordplay as much as you like, but it is not bigoted to find killing animals for sport repulsive, and you repulsive by extension.

UFGN

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:30 pm

As I was saying...

You really do have a knack for validating my points. I'd say you are a metaphorical wolf trapper who keeps catching his own hand. Except most trappers don't keep on doing so.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:07 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:As I was saying...

You really do have a knack for validating my points. I'd say you are a metaphorical wolf trapper who keeps catching his own hand. Except most trappers don't keep on doing so.

Lol ok

You need to look for some deep meaningful angle. I don't. I find hunting for sport repulsive, and people who shoot animals for a leisure activity disgusting. it's as simple as that.

You made this about you. I brought up hunting and you immediately attacked me for it. You think you can somehow claim I'm in the wrong for responding by telling you you're a fkin disgrace? GTFO of here. Go and blow a deer's brains out or whatever passes for fun in your head

Shameful.

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate