European Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: European Politics

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:08 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Jedi wrote:The US is a lot better. I reject your moral relativism. Democracies and fascist regimes are not the same.

By the way, the only reason Ukraine isn't in NATO, even though they've begged to enter, is because the US and EU wanted to appease Putin and not make him feel threatened.

Their reward for that is Putin likely invading Ukraine. And by the way, this has nothing to do with "securing borders". This is about Putin's dream of reforming the Soviet Union.

If you don't believe me, take it straight from the horses mouth:http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/66181

If you have the time i recommend reading that. He gives his perspective on why Ukrainians and Russians are "one people".

I am not going to get into any defence of Russia, but I will maintain that he biggest war mongers and threat to peace in the world is the US.
I place them at the top of the list of countries that brought the deaths of millions in the ME.

And you shouldn't forget that all of that was with the blessing of the Saudis. There is this ongoing war of superiority going on in the ME between Sunni & Shia - Saudi and Iran.

The Saudis have always been quite happy to see either Shias or Ba'thists killed by their American friends.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:56 pm

Jedi wrote:The US is a lot better. I reject your moral relativism. Democracies and fascist regimes are not the same.

By the way, the only reason Ukraine isn't in NATO, even though they've begged to enter, is because the US and EU wanted to appease Putin and not make him feel threatened.

Their reward for that is Putin likely invading Ukraine. And by the way, this has nothing to do with "securing borders". This is about Putin's dream of reforming the Soviet Union.

If you don't believe me, take it straight from the horses mouth:http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/66181

If you have the time i recommend reading that. It's pretty long but at least skim through it. He gives his perspective on why Ukrainians and Russians are "one people".

............ from your perspective.

This is your issue, your so engrained in your way of viewing things that you don't open your mind to all angles.

I do because I have no agenda, could give a fk about Russia or the US.

So my question to you is who has invaded more countries in the last 60 years, Russia or America?

The Americans have a solid marketing about their position in the world, that I'll grant them, they play the good guys very well.
But the real reasons that run through their decisions and actions in the corridors of power in America are rotten to the core.
They're just masters of putting on a smiley face and a good spin on it ......... but people in other soveriegn countries still end up dead in their thousands though right?

If the Ukraine was on America's radar instead of Russia's, the Ukraine would of already been bombed to sht and invaded.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:03 am

jayramfootball wrote:

If you have the time i recommend reading that. He gives his perspective on why Ukrainians and Russians are "one people".

I am not going to get into any defence of Russia, but I will maintain that he biggest war mongers and threat to peace in the world is the US.
I place them at the top of the list of countries that brought the deaths of millions in the ME.

tbf we've cooled off a lot compared to what we've been. At the present, Russia is a bigger war monger and threat to world peace.

If chickenhawks/war hawks controlled the levers of power, we probably would've invaded Venezuela by now.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby 22-0 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:45 am

if Russia invades ukraine then china will invade Taiwan then turkey prob goes after greece.... ww3 bound to happen if it starts.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:54 am

22-0 wrote:if Russia invades ukraine then china will invade Taiwan then turkey prob goes after greece.... ww3 bound to happen if it starts.

Turkey & Greece?

There are lots of little skirmishes going on around the world that may escalate if a bigger event is in play and distracting the super powers.

I think Putin may be playing a political game. At the moment he's getting sanctioned for having annexed Crimea. Maybe he's using this build up of troops & apparent threat of invasion to negotiate something there to take the pressure / sanctions off. He's also sounding off about stationing troops in Cuba and Venezuela.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yago » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:15 am

22-0 wrote:if Russia invades ukraine then china will invade Taiwan then turkey prob goes after greece.... ww3 bound to happen if it starts.

Turkey and Greece are both in NATO. There's not a lot of love lost between them, but there won't be any invasion in the near future.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby LMAO » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:37 pm

Phil and Yago have already covered Greece and Turkey.

China won't invade Taiwan...at least it won't be a surprise invasion. The entire world will see China's mobilization coming for months since the requirements for such an amphibious assault would make D-Day look like child's play. And to add that, there are only two narrow windows per year in April and October where such an invasion would be feasible due to the weather in the Taiwan Strait. And with China needing 90 days (might be 60 days though - I can't remember) to amass troops and gather supplies/start a supply line for an invasion, the April window is already getting close to being slammed shut.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:11 am

LMAO wrote:

Phil and Yago have already covered Greece and Turkey.

China won't invade Taiwan...at least it won't be a surprise invasion. The entire world will see China's mobilization coming for months since the requirements for such an amphibious assault would make D-Day look like child's play. And to add that, there are only two narrow windows per year in April and October where such an invasion would be feasible due to the weather in the Taiwan Strait. And with China needing 90 days (might be 60 days though - I can't remember) to amass troops and gather supplies/start a supply line for an invasion, the April window is already getting close to being slammed shut.

It will not be an overt "invasion". China infiltrates and puts great pressure on those who the CCP want to imperialize. They play the long game.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:55 pm

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Phil71 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:43 pm

Macron comes back from Moscow and says Putin has given him assurances that he won't invade Ukraine.

Putin responds with... Erm no, I haven't.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby 22-0 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:16 am

Macron wishes he was even one tenth the man Putin is.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:17 am

Look at the length of the table Putin chose for the meeting.

:rofll:

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:18 am

Phil71 wrote:Look at the length of the table Putin chose for the meeting.

Well, there is Covid you know...
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:21 am

Goonerred wrote:

There's a bloke hiding in that centre leg wearing a flowery hat as a disguise.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:26 am

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

There's a bloke hiding in that centre leg wearing a flowery hat as a disguise.

You'd think they'd need a translater.
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate