American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:44 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
That's like the Premier League supporting Brexit, how would that go down with Remainers?

You don't get it because political discourse in America and self awarness of a real free society in America is broken, you've become a nation of extremists and its an ugly sight.

Simple as. No arguing with that

I've always been anti-BLM, viciously toxic group.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:26 am

jayramfootball wrote:That is exactly the 'whataboutism' people like you claimed EVERY time anyone questioned the daily attacks on Trump when he was President. You held him to account fully without any of the 'they all do it' nonsense or 'it's a systematic' issue bullcrap.

Except I didn't for drone strikes and now you're flailing.

LMAO wrote:All the drone strikes and bombings Obama, and now Trump, authorized against Daesh?
viewtopic.php?p=1516536#p1516536

LMAO wrote:Obama has ISIS, Nixon has Pinochet. GWB, Obama, and Trump have drone strikes, Nixon has Cambodia.
viewtopic.php?p=1801113#p1801113

Here, I'll even give you one from the Obama days:
LMAO wrote:85 Syrian civilians presumed dead after US drone strike mistook them for ISIS fighters.

I still cannot for the life of me wrap my head around many Americans still failing to comprehend why a lot of people in the Middle East hate America. Many dumbasses here continue to blame the 'terrorists' for trying to bring death to America because they hate our freedom; uh no, you fucktards, they want to bring death to America because we keep bombing innocent people in their countries.

I find it funny how the American media is so quick to label them as terrorists yet doesn't reprimand the US government's and military's actions that create these 'terrorists' in the first place. After all, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. And to them, we're the terrorists.

The sad thing about it is that this is a continuous cycle that won't be broken for a looooooooooooong time, if ever.

(ISIS is a plague and needs to be wiped off the planet, though. They're only freedom fighters for themselves and scum to everyone else.)
viewtopic.php?p=1420255#p1420255

But but but I singled out Trump and held him fully accountable on this matter. Like I told you, I don't make this a partisan issue unlike what you're doing. You're projecting a little too hard here.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:28 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:And your country is hardly better when it comes to race and politics. A "free society" but clutch pearls at the sight of players kneeling before kickoff and demand a stop to it as one example.

We don't want politics in sports.

Its that simple, I think that's a perfectly reasonable request.

We had "Kick it out" no issues, not even from Millwall fans, but as soon as they went all BLM that was it.

No more needs to be said.

We're not Americans and we never will be, no matter how much Labour tries to push that BS into our country.

Well, you could've just led with the UK not being a "free thinking political society" because a free thinking political society would allow and tolerate all kinds of discourse, no matter how uncomfortable.

And good, we don't want the UK to be America. As much as we and a lot of the world joke about the UK being our vassal state, we'd rather y'all stay across the pond at arm's length. You have your unique problems, and we have ours.

Are you joking?

Again, you just don't understand the concept, we do ........... we invented it.

You guys hijacked the idea from us and did well with it for a century, but now you've completely fked it.

So to say this once more from the top, we do tolerate all kinds of discourse .............. IN AN ARENA WHERE ITS APPROPRIATE.

Parliament for one, Question Time another, media ect.

Not in a fkin Football game........ sport is not for politics, if anything its a respite.

How is it tolerant for a football organisation to outwardly support a Far Left Wing organisation like BLM and expect Centre or Right leaning folk to not feel excluded or attacked?

That's like the Premier League supporting Brexit, how would that go down with Remainers?

You don't get it because political discourse in America and self awarness of a real free society in America is broken, you've become a nation of extremists and its an ugly sight.

You'd certainly have a point if sports and politics weren't intertwined, but they are, so your post is moot.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:17 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:And your country is hardly better when it comes to race and politics. A "free society" but clutch pearls at the sight of players kneeling before kickoff and demand a stop to it as one example.

We had "Kick it out" no issues, not even from Millwall fans, but as soon as they went all BLM that was it.

We're not Americans and we never will be, no matter how much Labour tries to push that BS into our country.

Well, you could've just led with the UK not being a "free thinking political society" because a free thinking political society would allow and tolerate all kinds of discourse, no matter how uncomfortable.

And good, we don't want the UK to be America. As much as we and a lot of the world joke about the UK being our vassal state, we'd rather y'all stay across the pond at arm's length. You have your unique problems, and we have ours.

Are you joking?

You guys hijacked the idea from us and did well with it for a century, but now you've completely fked it.

So to say this once more from the top, we do tolerate all kinds of discourse .............. IN AN ARENA WHERE ITS APPROPRIATE.

Not in a fkin Football game........ sport is not for politics, if anything its a respite.

How is it tolerant for a football organisation to outwardly support a Far Left Wing organisation like BLM and expect Centre or Right leaning folk to not feel excluded or attacked?

You'd certainly have a point if sports and politics weren't intertwined, but they are, so your post is moot.

They're not intertwined at all.

How wrong can you be ............?

The players can have personal views outside the game and that may introduce a political element but I can still separate the man from the player.

Basically when you become a football or NFL player, you are required shin pads, a ball, the correct outfit and the necessary skills to play the game .......... you are not required in the rule book to declare your political status or interject it and that goes for the leagues as well.

You're so confused, your bringing your personal views into common sense and facts, something I've noticed a lot of Americans doing these days which again, goes back to my point .......... you simply don't understand the fundamental concept of individual freedom and now it seems we can add Sports to that list.

Its the organisational bodies who are "choosing" to introduce politics, it is not a requirement of sports and its not in the rules, so you're wrong.

If Phil is a Trump supporter and you are a Biden supporter, but you both support the Dallas Cowboys .......... when you switch on the TV or go to the game, all you need to know is that by sitting where you are or by the Jersey you're wearing is that you are both Cowboy's fans and that is all that should matter.

Interjecting politics where they don't belong has become the toxic poison of America and is done so because certain parties want it that way, but its causing nothing but division.

If I go to an AFC game Ii don't give a fk whether you vote Labour or Conservative, or you voted Brexit or Remain, for 90mins plus half time, all I care about is that we're AFC fans and we need 3pts and to win, if you want to talk politics meet me at the pub afterward.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:34 pm

LMAO wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:That is exactly the 'whataboutism' people like you claimed EVERY time anyone questioned the daily attacks on Trump when he was President. You held him to account fully without any of the 'they all do it' nonsense or 'it's a systematic' issue bullcrap.

LMAO wrote:All the drone strikes and bombings Obama, and now Trump, authorized against Daesh?

LMAO wrote:Obama has ISIS, Nixon has Pinochet. GWB, Obama, and Trump have drone strikes, Nixon has Cambodia.

LMAO wrote:85 Syrian civilians presumed dead after US drone strike mistook them for ISIS fighters.

I still cannot for the life of me wrap my head around many Americans still failing to comprehend why a lot of people in the Middle East hate America. Many dumbasses here continue to blame the 'terrorists' for trying to bring death to America because they hate our freedom; uh no, you fucktards, they want to bring death to America because we keep bombing innocent people in their countries.

I find it funny how the American media is so quick to label them as terrorists yet doesn't reprimand the US government's and military's actions that create these 'terrorists' in the first place. After all, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. And to them, we're the terrorists.

The sad thing about it is that this is a continuous cycle that won't be broken for a looooooooooooong time, if ever.

(ISIS is a plague and needs to be wiped off the planet, though. They're only freedom fighters for themselves and scum to everyone else.)

But but but I singled out Trump and held him fully accountable on this matter. Like I told you, I don't make this a partisan issue unlike what you're doing. You're projecting a little too hard here.

Yes, you used a previous President , in this case Trump, to generalise about 'systems' instead of keeping the conversation and blame firmly on the man who murdered 10 civilians.

This is about Biden and what he did. No one else.
Stop trying to give him pass by lessening what happened with your 'but everyone does it' schtick
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:36 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Are you joking?

^right there is the problem in society. Too many want to entwine every part of our lives in their political ideology.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:13 pm

^right there is the problem in society. Too many want to entwine every part of our lives in their political ideology.

And religious ideology.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:42 pm

Goonerred wrote:^right there is the problem in society. Too many want to entwine every part of our lives in their political ideology.

And religious ideology.

And both are as bad as each other.

If you go back to the 70s and 80s hardly anyone gave a shit about politics. It certainly was never mentioned alongside sport. Religion was being more or less expunged from society, and freedom of speech was still a thing.

We've regressed as a society.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LMAO » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:35 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Are you joking?

The players can have personal views outside the game and that may introduce a political element but I can still separate the man from the player.

Basically when you become a football or NFL player, you are required shin pads, a ball, the correct outfit and the necessary skills to play the game .......... you are not required in the rule book to declare your political status or interject it and that goes for the leagues as well.

You're so confused, your bringing your personal views into common sense and facts, something I've noticed a lot of Americans doing these days which again, goes back to my point .......... you simply don't understand the fundamental concept of individual freedom and now it seems we can add Sports to that list.

Its the organisational bodies who are "choosing" to introduce politics, it is not a requirement of sports and its not in the rules, so you're wrong.

If Phil is a Trump supporter and you are a Biden supporter, but you both support the Dallas Cowboys .......... when you switch on the TV or go to the game, all you need to know is that by sitting where you are or by the Jersey you're wearing is that you are both Cowboy's fans and that is all that should matter.

Interjecting politics where they don't belong has become the toxic poison of America and is done so because certain parties want it that way, but its causing nothing but division.

If I go to an AFC game Ii don't give a fk whether you vote Labour or Conservative, or you voted Brexit or Remain, for 90mins plus half time, all I care about is that we're AFC fans and we need 3pts and to win, if you want to talk politics meet me at the pub afterward.

political: relating to the government or the public affairs of a country

Seems like you're the one who doesn't understand the meaning of political.

Sports are inherently political. They've been intertwined since the very beginning. Ancient Greek city-states used the Olympics to assert dominance over their neighbors, Roman emperors used the Colosseum to throw lavish games in order to increase their support from the masses, and the Mayans used sports to determine who'd be human sacrifices.

It's continued to the modern day. BoJo saying he'd have the UK government do everything to block the European Super League, the two Koreas entered the 2018 Winter Olympics together under the unification flag, India refuses to play Pakistan in cricket, Russian and Ukrainian football teams aren't allowed to be drawn against each other in European competitions, governments and team owners using taxpayer money to fund stadiums, China throwing a hissy fit over the NBA and Ozil, that Ethiopian marathoner in the Rio Olympics, etc.

Then there's all the rivalries in football that revolve around politics like El Clasico and the Old Firm.

There's also the support for causes. BLM in the NBA, the poppies in the PL, the military in the NFL, the rainbow laces and armband in the PL, the Allianz Arena being lit up in rainbow colors, athletes all over the world taking knees from Kaepernick back in 2016 to the Olympics this year to protest racism, etc.

And there's the English fans singing that ten bomber song against Germany.

That's so much more than just organizational bodies. It's also the fans themselves and the athletes.

If you want to get politics out of sports, then you're going to have to eliminate sports entirely.

And, I understand the concept of individual freedom well enough to know you trying to be the thought-police isn't freedom. Sounds like authoritarianism to me.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:00 am

jayramfootball wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Yes, you used a previous President , in this case Trump, to generalise about 'systems' instead of keeping the conversation and blame firmly on the man who murdered 10 civilians.

This is about Biden and what he did. No one else.
Stop trying to give him pass by lessening what happened with your 'but everyone does it' schtick

I did blame Biden for it and reiterated the blame multiple times, but you still want to whinge about me adding additional commentary. However, if you want to exclusively go all Old Man Bad and disregard the apparatus of the US government and US military that's allowed this problem to persist over multiple administrations, then cry away :Peace:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:16 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Are you joking?

Sports are inherently political. They've been intertwined since the very beginning. Ancient Greek city-states used the Olympics to assert dominance over their neighbors, Roman emperors used the Colosseum to throw lavish games in order to increase their support from the masses, and the Mayans used sports to determine who'd be human sacrifices.

It's continued to the modern day. BoJo saying he'd have the UK government do everything to block the European Super League, the two Koreas entered the 2018 Winter Olympics together under the unification flag, India refuses to play Pakistan in cricket, Russian and Ukrainian football teams aren't allowed to be drawn against each other in European competitions, governments and team owners using taxpayer money to fund stadiums, China throwing a hissy fit over the NBA and Ozil, that Ethiopian marathoner in the Rio Olympics, etc.

Then there's all the rivalries in football that revolve around politics like El Clasico and the Old Firm.

There's also the support for causes. BLM in the NBA, the poppies in the PL, the military in the NFL, the rainbow laces and armband in the PL, the Allianz Arena being lit up in rainbow colors, athletes all over the world taking knees from Kaepernick back in 2016 to the Olympics this year to protest racism, etc.

And there's the English fans singing that ten bomber song against Germany.

That's so much more than just organizational bodies. It's also the fans themselves and the athletes.

If you want to get politics out of sports, then you're going to have to eliminate sports entirely.

And, I understand the concept of individual freedom well enough to know you trying to be the thought-police isn't freedom. Sounds like authoritarianism to me.

Sport is inherently apolitical, we've just had too many examples through history of people using it for political aims by propagandists and those that act as their mouthpieces because it reaches many people.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:46 pm

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Are you joking?

Sports are competitive and people "use" that fact politically.

However the sport itself is not, its not team Republican vs team Democrat.

Politicans and media put politics in sports, that doesn't mean sport in its pure form is political.

Do you know what happens when you make it political? you get Hitler refusing to acknowledge Jesse Owens.

If people vulturing around the sport want to interject politics that's one thing but the sporting BODIES themselves and the teams should be completely neutral and tolerant.

............. "Mayans used sports to determine who'd be human sacrifices"

Yes, we've evolved no? we're not hacking off peoples heads with swords either, should we go back to that as well?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:03 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-58650753

'Last weekend, the US started flying out migrants from a Texas border town which has seen an influx in recent weeks. '

I am not a Trump supporter, but I detest hypocracy and double standards. There would have been an outraged out cry if Trump had done this. Babes in arms screaming and such like.
Last edited by Goonerred on Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goonerred

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:11 am

Goonerred wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-58650753

'Last weekend, the US started flying out migrants from a Texas border town which has seen an influx in recent weeks. '

I am not a Trump suppoerter, but I detest hypocracy and double standards. There would have been an outraged out cry if Trump had done this. Babes in arms screaming and such like.

Yep.

No protests from Lady Gaga or Oprah.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:04 pm

It's like a throwback to the Wild West or real life Red Dead Redemption
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext