American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world.
Please remember everyone has their own opinion

Re: American Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:53 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:I read a stat somewhere that more white people had been killed in similar situations to Floyd than black people.


That's very true. A lot more. Four times as many I think

But I must say that the white vs black death rate at the hands of the police in America is disproportionate. I think it's something like twice as many as it should be if you look at the percentage of the population. But then again, black people commit four times as many violent crimes than the percentage of population compared to white people.


Two things.

One, people are missing one vital stat one comparing deaths at the hands of cops, what was the situation of the attemtped arrest?
There's one thing someone pulling a gun on a cop or if its like Floyds case where someone is already detained.
Because of that missing information the stats don't tell the full story either way.

Two, that is why no matter where you stand on Floyd the actual issue and why everyone should be against it, is because by making an excuse for that cop means it can happen to you next.
Citizens rights must be universal, because if their not protected and upheld then every citizen is in in danger whether you realise it or not.

Hitler is a great example, he started off by getting the working class and racists on his side, but when he got into power who was safe? nobody, not even Germans who voted for him.

He became a tyrant and everyones life was in danger at his whim.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 26653
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: American Politics

Postby LMAO » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:03 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Trump on the other hand killed almost no one (I'm struggling to recollect any that can be attributable to his direct orders) and fought against military action during his whole term.

.......... but anyone but Trump.


You didn't hear about them for the same reason you didn't see military coffins wrapped in the American flag returning from war during Bush Sr., Clinton, and Bush Jr. Like I said before, other than Jimmy Carter, every president since WWII is responsible for war crimes. It seems like it's systematic and comes with the office.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/p ... /drone-war You can check the number of civilian deaths from drone strikes in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, and Somalia. Doesn't include countries like Iraq and Syria though.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-cancels-obama-policy-reporting-drone-strike-deaths-n980156
In the latest step toward rolling back Obama-era rules for targeted killings, President Donald Trump will no longer require U.S. intelligence officials to publicly disclose the numbers of people killed in drone strikes and other attacks on terrorist targets outside of war zones.

Trump ended the reporting requirement by signing an executive order Wednesday. The move had been expected since the administration last year failed to release an annual accounting of civilian and enemy casualties required under an order signed in 2016 by then-President Barack Obama.

The order signed by Trump revokes a specific requirement that the administration release an unclassified summary of "the number of strikes undertaken by the United States government against terrorist targets outside areas of active hostilities, as well as assessments of combatant and noncombatant deaths resulting from those strikes, among other information."


https://www.justsecurity.org/75980/trumps-secret-rules-for-drone-strikes-and-presidents-unchecked-license-to-kill/
The Obama administration required “near certainty” that “non-combatants” would not be injured or killed, but nevertheless permitted exceptions to that (and other) policy standards (see Section 5B of the Obama Rules). The Trump rules repeat the near-certainty language (Section 2C) but do not include the requirement in a redacted Annex (Annex A) that sets out the minimal operating principles by which agencies must abide, again sending the signal that civilian life may be devalued. In the body of the PSP, agencies are told only to ensure “near certainty” with “reasonably available information and means of verification.” And as Charlie Savage reports, Biden administration officials discovered that Trump officials used the Trump rules’ latitude to kill men in some countries under a lower standard: “While it kept that [near certainty] rule for women and children, it permitted a lower standard of merely ‘reasonable certainty’ when it came to civilian adult men.”


https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207
During Mr Obama's eight years in office, 1,878 drone strikes were carried out, according to researchers. Since Mr Trump was elected in 2016, there have been 2,243 drone strikes. The Republican president has also made some of the operations, the ones outside of war zones, more secretive. As a result, things have different today: under Mr Trump, there are more drone strikes - and less transparency.
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 9514
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby LMAO » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:04 am



What a waste of time and money.
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 9514
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby Goonerred » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:00 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:I read a stat somewhere that more white people had been killed in similar situations to Floyd than black people.


That's very true. A lot more. Four times as many I think

But I must say that the white vs black death rate at the hands of the police in America is disproportionate. I think it's something like twice as many as it should be if you look at the percentage of the population. But then again, black people commit four times as many violent crimes than the percentage of population compared to white people.


Two things.

One, people are missing one vital stat one comparing deaths at the hands of cops, what was the situation of the attemtped arrest?
There's one thing someone pulling a gun on a cop or if its like Floyds case where someone is already detained.
Because of that missing information the stats don't tell the full story either way.

Two, that is why no matter where you stand on Floyd the actual issue and why everyone should be against it, is because by making an excuse for that cop means it can happen to you next.
Citizens rights must be universal, because if their not protected and upheld then every citizen is in in danger whether you realise it or not.

Hitler is a great example, he started off by getting the working class and racists on his side, but when he got into power who was safe? nobody, not even Germans who voted for him.

He became a tyrant and everyones life was in danger at his whim.

What heppened to Floyd at the hands of the police was terrible, clearly footage shows that it was wrong. I had heard that the two of them had history though, but it was still wrong, the policeman was the guy with the power.
Goonerred
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:41 pm

Only in America - California Governor recall election - White Democrat incumbent calls Black Republican opponent a White Supremacist.
Democrats vote (by mail of course) for the white guy who accused the black guy of being a white supremacist.

:shifty:
Image
jayramfootball
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13860
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:33 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Only in America - California Governor recall election - White Democrat incumbent calls Black Republican opponent a White Supremacist.
Democrats vote (by mail of course) for the white guy who accused the black guy of being a white supremacist.

:shifty:


I'm sure he'd like to use other words like coconut or bounty bar, but it's only other black people that can get away with such insults.
User avatar
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9359
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:42 pm

Using race as a political weapon has just gone too far especially in America.

Worst of all are White liberals who are now so emboldended that they actually attack black republicans using race ........ I mean how does that even work.

If there was ever a case of this "White privilege" they bang on about its that.

The fact that they and they only seem to think they make the rules on who's black and who's not is probably a bigger offense than anything they hear from the opposition.

Biden: "If you don't vote for me, your not black".

Yes, that's a real quote, how he got away with that I don't know?
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 26653
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: American Politics

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:02 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Using race as a political weapon has just gone too far especially in America.

Worst of all are White liberals who are now so emboldended that they actually attack black republicans using race ........ I mean how does that even work.

If there was ever a case of this "White privilege" they bang on about its that.

The fact that they and they only seem to think they make the rules on who's black and who's not is probably a bigger offense than anything they hear from the opposition.

Biden: "If you don't vote for me, your not black".

Yes, that's a real quote, how he got away with that I don't know?


It's what I've said before. These left wing liberals believe their policies and beliefs are morally and ethically superior to right wing Conservatives. So much so that they see their policies as good and the opposition's as evil. In their mind that gives them the right to smash the place up and ruin people's lives in the pursuit of their goals.

They are a very dangerous movement. Probably the biggest threat to democracy, liberty, freedom of opinion and freedom of speech that the Western world has ever seen.
User avatar
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9359
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby Jedi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Only in America - California Governor recall election - White Democrat incumbent calls Black Republican opponent a White Supremacist.
Democrats vote (by mail of course) for the white guy who accused the black guy of being a white supremacist.

:shifty:

No need to play identity politics. Your skin color doesn't decide what you believe in. Just because someone is black doesn't mean they can't believe in white supremacy.

For the record, I'm not saying they are a white supremacist, but having more pigment in your skin doesn't automatically disqualify you from that belief system.
User avatar
Jedi
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7058
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:20 pm

Jedi wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Only in America - California Governor recall election - White Democrat incumbent calls Black Republican opponent a White Supremacist.
Democrats vote (by mail of course) for the white guy who accused the black guy of being a white supremacist.

:shifty:

No need to play identity politics. Your skin color doesn't decide what you believe in. Just because someone is black doesn't mean they can't believe in white supremacy.

For the record, I'm not saying they are a white supremacist, but having more pigment in your skin doesn't automatically disqualify you from that belief system.


You're right.

Take this guy for instance.

User avatar
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9359
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby LMAO » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:44 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Using race as a political weapon has just gone too far especially in America.

Worst of all are White liberals who are now so emboldended that they actually attack black republicans using race ........ I mean how does that even work.

If there was ever a case of this "White privilege" they bang on about its that.

The fact that they and they only seem to think they make the rules on who's black and who's not is probably a bigger offense than anything they hear from the opposition.

Biden: "If you don't vote for me, your not black".

Yes, that's a real quote, how he got away with that I don't know?


Yet 92% of black voters voted for Biden, so why are you still offended on their behalf if they didn't care enough? I kept telling you before the election that black people didn't think it was Biden's place to say that, but that he also wasn't incorrect.
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 9514
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby LMAO » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:31 am

Based Beijing Biden


France hella mad lol maybe they should just continue to focus on their antics in Africa.

And I know he won't because politically, it'd kill him in the Midwest, but it sure would be nice if he pushed to join the CPTPP and stopped being so damn protectionist...
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 9514
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby Goonerred » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:19 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Using race as a political weapon has just gone too far especially in America.

Worst of all are White liberals who are now so emboldended that they actually attack black republicans using race ........ I mean how does that even work.

If there was ever a case of this "White privilege" they bang on about its that.

The fact that they and they only seem to think they make the rules on who's black and who's not is probably a bigger offense than anything they hear from the opposition.

Biden: "If you don't vote for me, your not black".

Yes, that's a real quote, how he got away with that I don't know?


Yet 92% of black voters voted for Biden, so why are you still offended on their behalf if they didn't care enough? I kept telling you before the election that black people didn't think it was Biden's place to say that, but that he also wasn't incorrect.

I've heard of black people in the public eye in this country being accused of not being the right kind black if they don't share certain views. So much for a free-thinking country.
Goonerred
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby Phil71 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:33 am

Goonerred wrote:
LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Using race as a political weapon has just gone too far especially in America.

Worst of all are White liberals who are now so emboldended that they actually attack black republicans using race ........ I mean how does that even work.

If there was ever a case of this "White privilege" they bang on about its that.

The fact that they and they only seem to think they make the rules on who's black and who's not is probably a bigger offense than anything they hear from the opposition.

Biden: "If you don't vote for me, your not black".

Yes, that's a real quote, how he got away with that I don't know?


Yet 92% of black voters voted for Biden, so why are you still offended on their behalf if they didn't care enough? I kept telling you before the election that black people didn't think it was Biden's place to say that, but that he also wasn't incorrect.

I've heard of black people in the public eye in this country being accused of not being the right kind black if they don't share certain views. So much for a free-thinking country.


I was managing a group of people some years ago and two of my staff were young black women. One of them was married to a white man, and I was forever having to deal with disagreements between these two women, the worst of which often involved the other woman calling her colleague names like coconut and bounty bar - and basically saying she wasn't strong enough for a black man. Constantly digging her out for being with a white man.

It was in no uncertain terms racism between two black people.
User avatar
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9359
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:01 am

LMAO wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Using race as a political weapon has just gone too far especially in America.

Worst of all are White liberals who are now so emboldended that they actually attack black republicans using race ........ I mean how does that even work.

If there was ever a case of this "White privilege" they bang on about its that.

The fact that they and they only seem to think they make the rules on who's black and who's not is probably a bigger offense than anything they hear from the opposition.

Biden: "If you don't vote for me, your not black".

Yes, that's a real quote, how he got away with that I don't know?


Yet 92% of black voters voted for Biden, so why are you still offended on their behalf if they didn't care enough? I kept telling you before the election that black people didn't think it was Biden's place to say that, but that he also wasn't incorrect.


............. but what does that tell you though?

Its says to me a few things.

One, that race has been weaponised but its not legit because if it was then Biden should of been held to account, the fact that he wasn't and that Dems don't hold him to account for anything at all show's its all just hypocrisy ........... and why I and many others don't take it seriously anymore.

Also wtf do you mean "he wasn't incorrect" again, America is no longer on our level of a free thinking political society, your constitution be damned, I don't know what's happened to you guys but a lot of you don't know what being a free society means because you don't even respect its basic premise of majority rules.
Your basically saying that black republicans are "not black" and the fact you say it with no hesitancy shows your level.
I'm not "offended" on their behalf, but we know the difference between what's acceptable and what isn't, and using race of any kind to emotionally black mail people to vote one way or another is wrong.

A good portion of Americans have been radicalised, it's concerning to watch.

Your universities have become Far Left breeding camps and your education system has been completely hijacked, race is used in every other sentence to attack each other rather than just having good policies.

You guys are a mess.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 26653
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron