British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world.
Please remember everyone has their own opinion

Re: British Politics

Postby Tony Adams » Tue May 11, 2021 5:06 am

???/???
???/Chambers--White/Holding--Gabriel/Mari--Tierney/Tavares
Partey/Sambi--???/Azeez
Saka/Pepe--Smith Rowe/???--Aubameyang/Martinelli
Lacazette/???
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 38572
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Tue May 11, 2021 11:10 am

Tony Adams wrote:https://twitter.com/wblau/status/1391745695963566081?s=19


You can blow that argument out the water quite easily. Currency. Scotland will lose the Pound Sterling if they left the UK. That can't be used for UK/EU split since the UK never used the Euro.
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9483
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 11, 2021 11:51 am

Royal Gooner wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:https://twitter.com/wblau/status/1391745695963566081?s=19


You can blow that argument out the water quite easily. Currency. Scotland will lose the Pound Sterling if they left the UK. That can't be used for UK/EU split since the UK never used the Euro.


They'd have to use the Scottish Pound.

Within two years it'll be worth about 10p.
User avatar
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8992
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby Rockape » Tue May 11, 2021 12:03 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:https://twitter.com/wblau/status/1391745695963566081?s=19


You can blow that argument out the water quite easily. Currency. Scotland will lose the Pound Sterling if they left the UK. That can't be used for UK/EU split since the UK never used the Euro.


They'd have to use the Scottish Pound.

Within two years it'll be worth about 10p.


Trouble is they are giving the vote to kids, who don't know shit from clay, when it comes down to economics. So take out the 16-21 year olds and its probably more like 60-40 against leaving.
User avatar
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3402
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 am
Location: Puerto Pollensa in my mind

Re: British Politics

Postby Goonerred » Tue May 11, 2021 4:08 pm

Labour just haven't got a clue, at the last election one of the momentum leaders said they just didn't get the message across ( to the thick) public. The parenthesis is my take on it. After last Thursday's election one Labour councilor who lost, said that the 'public had let them down'. And they wonder why people don't vote for them. They should ship Andy Burnham in, I'm sure he get a few votes back.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14338 ... servatives
Goonerred
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 11, 2021 8:33 pm

Tony Adams wrote:https://twitter.com/wblau/status/1391745695963566081?s=19


Remoaners are the worst, just look at that guy.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 25967
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:02 pm

Goonerred wrote:Labour just haven't got a clue, at the last election one of the momentum leaders said they just didn't get the message across ( to the thick) public. The parenthesis is my take on it. After last Thursday's election one Labour councilor who lost, said that the 'public had let them down'. And they wonder why people don't vote for them. They should ship Andy Burnham in, I'm sure he get a few votes back.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14338 ... servatives


The thing is they believe their ideals are morally and intellectuallly superior to everyone else's, so if you don't go along with them or disagree with them you are in one way or another at fault. They use words like abhorrent and evil to describe political ideals opposite to theirs. If you don't fall into the abhorrent or evil category you're simply stupid, ignorant or uneducated.
User avatar
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8992
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:40 pm

Well well well, Mr EX-Squeaker joins the Labour Party. I'm guessing because he knows its the only way he's getting a peerage.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... on-johnson
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9483
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby Goonerred » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:16 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:Well well well, Mr EX-Squeaker joins the Labour Party. I'm guessing because he knows its the only way he's getting a peerage.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... on-johnson

I'll try not to lose sleep over it.
Goonerred
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:03 am

Royal Gooner wrote:Well well well, Mr EX-Squeaker joins the Labour Party. I'm guessing because he knows its the only way he's getting a peerage.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... on-johnson


Not unless the Tories or Libs put him forward ... Labour are looking like the 20th century Liberals ... could be wiped out unless they get their shit together real quick.
EliteKiller
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5063
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:48 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:43 am

Royal Gooner wrote:Well well well, Mr EX-Squeaker joins the Labour Party. I'm guessing because he knows its the only way he's getting a peerage.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... on-johnson

Labour is Arsenal
swipe right
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4014
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: British Politics

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:57 am

Royal Gooner wrote:Well well well, Mr EX-Squeaker joins the Labour Party. I'm guessing because he knows its the only way he's getting a peerage.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... on-johnson

What an odious little dwarf this man really is, he should be in the tower the little bag of sh1te.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 19691
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: British Politics

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:05 am

swipe right wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:Well well well, Mr EX-Squeaker joins the Labour Party. I'm guessing because he knows its the only way he's getting a peerage.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... on-johnson

Labour is Arsenal

???
Goonerred
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:37 pm

Labour are skint apparently.

Potless.

Nobody wants to be associated with a Party that's run by radical Marxists.
User avatar
Phil71
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8992
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: British Politics

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:36 am

Phil71 wrote:Labour are skint apparently.

Potless.

Nobody wants to be associated with a Party that's run by radical Marxists.


That is very amusing
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9483
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Previous

Return to The Big Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest