British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:14 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:The Conservatives are 7 points ahead of Labour in the polls for the Hartlepool bi-election scheduled for 6th May.

Labour have held this seat since 1959.

Labour are finished for a generation after the party betrayed the country over Brexit.
It won't be forgotten no matter how bad the Tories are.

We need a healthy opposition otherwise its become a 1 party state.

Issue is, Lazy fkin Labour have decided their next game plan is to introduce American toxic identity politics into Britain, which is almost as big a crime, maybe worse, than the Brexit stupidness.

I was willing to give Labour the benefit of the doubt when Kier took over ........... next thing I see is this BS.

After last night he'll be down on both knees praying that they don't kick him out.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Fri May 07, 2021 9:16 am

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:The Conservatives are 7 points ahead of Labour in the polls for the Hartlepool bi-election scheduled for 6th May.

Labour are finished for a generation after the party betrayed the country over Brexit.
It won't be forgotten no matter how bad the Tories are.

We need a healthy opposition otherwise its become a 1 party state.

Issue is, Lazy fkin Labour have decided their next game plan is to introduce American toxic identity politics into Britain, which is almost as big a crime, maybe worse, than the Brexit stupidness.

I was willing to give Labour the benefit of the doubt when Kier took over ........... next thing I see is this BS.

After last night he'll be down on both knees praying that they don't kick him out.

They should t***er crawling bastard to the tree huggers
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Goonerred » Fri May 07, 2021 10:35 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Well it happened.

Very happy to see this.
Not because I particularly like anything Tory.
But wokism has to be crushed.
It needs to be eradicated from society.
Major political parties distancing themselves as Labour will surely now do is a good step

I don't agree with wokism either, but then you see this -

https://news.sky.com/story/muslim-worsh ... e-12298985

Those people do not reperesent me, or I suspect most people and this kind of rubbish will continue as long as people live on this planet. It makes me so angry, live and let live fgs.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby dc16 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 am

Phil71 wrote:
dc16 wrote:Starmer and Raynor out…Abbott in

:rofll:

If she brought Chris Costello from the Scottish Labour Party to work alongside her that would fit very well.

(not sure our younger members would get that)

It was actually Russ Abbott I was talking about.
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:51 am

Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Well it happened.

Very happy to see this.
Major political parties distancing themselves as Labour will surely now do is a good step

Those people do not reperesent me, or I suspect most people and this kind of rubbish will continue as long as people live on this planet. It makes me so angry, live and let live fgs.

Wokism encourages things like that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Fri May 07, 2021 11:10 am

Phil71 wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Well it happened.

Very happy to see this.

Wokism encourages things like that.

Wokism is devisive in my opinion and this is evidence of it as you say. There will always be racist pigs like those in the article though.
Goonerred

Postby Rockape » Fri May 07, 2021 11:11 am

Quite incredible result for the Torys....Boris may be a bumbling fool at the best of times, but getting Brexit done and the amazing Vaccination progress has got the country behind him. (well most of it anyway!)
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:55 am

Rockape wrote:Quite incredible result for the Torys....Boris may be a bumbling fool at the best of times, but getting Brexit done and the amazing Vaccination progress has got the country behind him. (well most of it anyway!)

Hartlepool had one of the biggest leave vote percentages in the UK at around 70%.

Labour decided to parachute an arch-remainer in as candidate. The people voted.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Fri May 07, 2021 12:04 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Rockape wrote:Quite incredible result for the Torys....Boris may be a bumbling fool at the best of times, but getting Brexit done and the amazing Vaccination progress has got the country behind him. (well most of it anyway!)

Hartlepool had one of the biggest leave vote percentages in the UK at around 70%.

He'd lost his seat in the last election as well. He's rubbish, he can't win in this climate, but you can have him! Labour was just complacent, they thought it was a safe seat and it didn't matter. They are taking their voters for granted and it bit them in the bum.
Goonerred

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat May 08, 2021 3:24 pm

That's Keir's fault, if he'd not been rubber stamping covid restrictions and complaining in hindsight and set LAbour out as an anti-lockdown, pro-freedom party then they could easily have had a good result.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sat May 08, 2021 3:33 pm

Phil71 wrote:

Nothing Labour can do.
They tried to subvert the will of the people in a democratic vote for Brexit. They used every trick they could to try and stop it.
They are gone for a generation for what they did.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Sat May 08, 2021 3:39 pm

Starmer has an annoying voice as well. It's like a pathetic whine. Similar to Ed Miliband.

He's got zero appeal with either the general public or his own Party.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerred » Sat May 08, 2021 3:53 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Nothing Labour can do.
They tried to subvert the will of the people in a democratic vote for Brexit. They used every trick they could to try and stop it.
They are gone for a generation for what they did.

I agree, that was a disgrace. All parties voted to abide by the referendum and reiterated that resolve when May went to the vote. After the 2017 election, they all came out of the woodwork, not just Labour, to stop Brexit.

It doesn't matter what you voted for, we are a democracy and a vote has to be acted upon. Swinson was absolutely convinced that the country had changed it's mind and that she was going to surf into the Westminster Premiership on the crest of remain. It was a disgrace the way those MPs behaved. It made me laugh when all the euphemisms for another referendum came out. And guess who was front and centre of the 'People's vote' - Kier Starmer.
Goonerred

Postby Goonerred » Sat May 08, 2021 6:27 pm

Should Scotland be allowed an Indyref?
Goonerred

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat May 08, 2021 6:42 pm

Goonerred wrote:Should Scotland be allowed an Indyref?

Nope.

They already had one in 2014 and it was "once in a lifetime". Either Scottish life expectancy is really that poor (I blame the deep fried mars bars) or the SNP are just that fanatical.

Besides, they legally can't have one anyway. So Sturgeon is stuck and the only option left to her is the Rhodesia solution of UDI. But at most I give her 2 hours before the British Army march up to Holyrood and make her rescind it.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate