American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:52 pm

This is well done.

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:52 pm

As I've said, if Texas's early voting raw votes reaches the state's 2016 total votes, then there's the potential for a monumental, coup de grâce flip.

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:37 pm

LMAO wrote:As I've said, if Texas's early voting raw votes reaches the state's 2016 total votes, then there's the potential for a monumental, coup de grâce flip.

Most of Texas early voting is in person early voting.
If Texas is anything like Florida in terms of the mix between Dem registered and Republican registered in person early voting, it not that good news for Democrats.
Be careful on assuming early voting in Texas being so huge is in favour of Democrats.

We just don't know yet. Trump talking about Texas and the amount of activity there would suggest it is close, however.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Quite big problems for Democrats in Florida, potentially.
The Miami-Dade blue stronghold looks soft in EV numbers.
Florida is a state that gives a lot of detail about early voting.

Right now, the Republicans are winning the in-person early voting big - Republican registered in-person voting leads Democrat registered in-person voting by a massive 14% (in 2016 Democrats , by election day, Democrats led early in-person voting).

Democrats won big on mail in voting, so maybe they just mailed in instead of early voting in person.

Net net - Democrat registrations are still 1.58% ahead, but the in-person voting trend in going to reduce that to less than 1% by the end of EV on Sunday.
In 2016 Democrats took a 1.48% vote by registration lead in early voting into the election , which Trump won.

Of course, this does not tell the whole story - it depends on how many Dems vote red and how many R's vote blue - as well as how independents break.
But right now, just saw CNN panicking and Harris has rescheduled to go to Florida tomorrow.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:58 pm

Loool.

Reaction to Lil Wayne endorsing the Donald. And 50 Cent's flip-flopping.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:55 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
LMAO wrote:As I've said, if Texas's early voting raw votes reaches the state's 2016 total votes, then there's the potential for a monumental, coup de grâce flip.

If Texas is anything like Florida in terms of the mix between Dem registered and Republican registered in person early voting, it not that good news for Democrats.
Be careful on assuming early voting in Texas being so huge is in favour of Democrats.

We just don't know yet. Trump talking about Texas and the amount of activity there would suggest it is close, however.

I thought Texas was an out and out Republican stronghold?

I know a lot of East and West coasters have migrated there in the last decade bringing with them at least one town full of Lefties but overall I thought Texas was red?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:59 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

I thought Texas was an out and out Republican stronghold?

I know a lot of East and West coasters have migrated there in the last decade bringing with them at least one town full of Lefties but overall I thought Texas was red?

It's been red since the 70's I think but looks like it could be very close this time.
Trump beat Hillary by 9% in texas last time around.
As usual, it will come down to turnout by party - in this case, whether the Democrats can really boost their turnout.

Put it this way, though, if Texas goes blue, the election is over...and on the night, because it will probably signal a massive landslide.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:09 pm

The fact Texas of all states might flip shows just what a shitshow Trump has been.

Would be hilarious.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:40 pm

Biden today.. absolutely hilarious - very likely to be the next President of the USA.
:rofll:

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Callum » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:50 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:The fact Texas of all states might flip shows just what a shitshow Trump has been.

Would be hilarious.

Georgia too.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:55 am

jayramfootball wrote:Biden today.. absolutely hilarious - very likely to be the next President of the USA.

Always find out funny how the right-wing and Trumpists like yourself claim Biden's mental acuity as a problem with no self-awareness of what the current President sounds like when he talks.

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:18 am

Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Biden today.. absolutely hilarious - very likely to be the next President of the USA.

Always find out funny how the right-wing and Trumpists like yourself claim Biden's mental acuity as a problem with no self-awareness of what the current President sounds like when he talks.

You act as if I am laughing at your hero... :rofll:
Why did you come back with a reference to Trump? I think that guy is a dufus too.

That's the thing with you extremist guys, you think everyone has to be one or the other.

I am not grasping at straws, I don't care much who wins - they are both utterly ridiculous characters to be leaders of the free world.

The clip is just funny - Biden is a disaster.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Jedi » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:29 am

Callum wrote:

This is the funniest shit I've ever seen.
Last edited by Jedi on Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:30 am

Jedi wrote:
Callum wrote:

This is the funniest shit I've ever seen.

I read it in his voice, I can see his hand gestures and everything.

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Jedi » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:41 am

It has now been proven that the Hunter Biden conspiracy theory originates from a far-right conspiracy document that was written by a nonexistent person working for a nonexistent intelligence agency.
The document, a 64-page composition that was later disseminated by close associates of President Donald Trump, appears to be the work of a fake "intelligence firm" called Typhoon Investigations, according to researchers and public documents.

The author of the document, a self-identified Swiss security analyst named Martin Aspen, is a fabricated identity, according to analysis by disinformation researchers, who also concluded that Aspen's profile picture was created with an artificial intelligence face generator. The intelligence firm that Aspen lists as his previous employer said that no one by that name had ever worked for the company and that no one by that name lives in Switzerland, according to public records and social media searches.

Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/h ... e-n1245387

This is why the media (or at least the reasonable part of it) don't report on unverified claims.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate