American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world.
Please remember everyone has their own opinion

Re: American Politics

Postby UFGN » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:50 am

…...digs LMAO for posting opinion polls

Posts an opinion poll in the very next post.

As I said, gaslight and project. Or is it just talk crap then forget? Its certainly one of the two.

The irony of this horrible old codger ripping Biden for allegedly having dementia is just too much.
Image
User avatar
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 19
Member of the Year 2014, 19
 
Posts: 19785
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: London, init

Re: American Politics

Postby LMAO » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:50 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Before you celebrate Biden's inauguration you better hope your right.

Hillary vs Trump, Brexit going the way of the EU, Bernie Sanders sweeping the Dem vote to run.

All of these were apparently forgone conclusions, all went the other way.

Trump has the silent majority (state to state not population) I wouldn't be surprised at all if he won again despite what the "polls" say, they've hardly been reliable in recent years.


They were forgone conclusions because the media crafted narratives that polling didn't back up. The polling was accurate (outside of Wisconsin), the reporting wasn't. If you look at the poll numbers and the margins of error, nothing out of the ordinary happened with Brexit, Trump winning, or Bernie being the front runner before Buttigieg, Kloubuchar, Warren, and Bloomberg (and Tulsi but she was irrelevant) dropped out and the race became Biden vs Sanders.

The state polling compared to the election results proved Trump didn't have a silent majority. The numbers didn't back it up.

But if you look at Biden's numbers, they're well outside the margins of error and far, far better than where Hillary was at the same point in the calendar. I'm talking state polls where it matters because of EVs, not national polls that the media focused on.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 8122
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby LMAO » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:28 am

UFGN wrote:…...digs LMAO for posting opinion polls

Posts an opinion poll in the very next post.

As I said, gaslight and project. Or is it just talk crap then forget? Its certainly one of the two.

The irony of this horrible old codger ripping Biden for allegedly having dementia is just too much.


I particularly enjoyed the part where he called me partisan (despite me not even being a Democrat and have voted for independents against Democrats before) while showing massive partisanship in his post. Imagine actually thinking Trump is being attacked and obstructed by the establishment on all sides despite the GOP pledging fealty to him. Imagine actually thinking Trump and the GOP aren't also crooked. Or that Biden doesn't have a message DESPITE ME LINKING BIDEN'S PLATFORM :doh: But here it is again for anyone interested: https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/. Yup, that's only orange man bad material right there.

And the part about failed states like California and New York. PRISS loves talking about the economy and how Trump made it so great, but California is a failed state with the world's 5th largest economy and New York with the world's 10th largest economy? Yeah, okay. We'll see how these "sane red states" (sure hope he's not referring to places like Mississippi, Alabama, Utah, and Idaho) get by if the subsidizing from these failed blue states dries up.

This is why I don't bother having discussions with him anymore. The dude has completely lost it on the MAGA Kool-Aid, then accuses others of not wanting to seek truth. The mental gymnastics from an actual cult member are incredible to witness firsthand.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 8122
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby Jedi » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:52 pm

In 2016 Trump had the perfect populist message. He was going to be the guy that came out of nowhere to fight for the forgotten working class voter against Wall Street, big corporations and against the elites. His message resonated perfectly with the Rust belt voter that was tired of hearing leftist platitudes about "equality" while he was struggling to stay afloat with two jobs.

Actually here's a video from Michael Moore in 2016 that imo perfectly encapsulated the psychology of the Obama to Trump voter:


Despite it all being bullshit, it was perfect messaging for a campaign against Hillary. Plus there was all the nonsense with the emails which perfectly played into it.

The problem is, in 2020, Trump is part of the system. Instead of "draining the swamp", he became Shrek and made the swamp his own, while making it 10 times worse than it was in the process. Not to mention that this election will be a referendum on Trump's response to the Coronavirus, which has been calamitous to say the least. The economy is in tatters, unemployment is skyrocketing, and people are just sick and tired of listening to him deflect blame.

Sleepy Joe may or may not have dementia, but at least he's not a lunatic like Donald Trump and for many people he represents a return to normalcy. He's also always been popular with working class white people, the ones Trump conned into voting for him in 2016.

In other words, Biden landslide incoming unless he accidentally says the N-word (with a hard R) during one of the debates. All he needs to do is keep smiling and repeat "Trump bad" and he should have this one in the bag.
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5412
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:56 pm

LMAO wrote:
UFGN wrote:…...digs LMAO for posting opinion polls

Posts an opinion poll in the very next post.

As I said, gaslight and project. Or is it just talk crap then forget? Its certainly one of the two.

The irony of this horrible old codger ripping Biden for allegedly having dementia is just too much.


I particularly enjoyed the part where he called me partisan (despite me not even being a Democrat and have voted for independents against Democrats before) while showing massive partisanship in his post. Imagine actually thinking Trump is being attacked and obstructed by the establishment on all sides despite the GOP pledging fealty to him. Imagine actually thinking Trump and the GOP aren't also crooked. Or that Biden doesn't have a message DESPITE ME LINKING BIDEN'S PLATFORM :doh: But here it is again for anyone interested: https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/. Yup, that's only orange man bad material right there.

And the part about failed states like California and New York. PRISS loves talking about the economy and how Trump made it so great, but California is a failed state with the world's 5th largest economy and New York with the world's 10th largest economy? Yeah, okay. We'll see how these "sane red states" (sure hope he's not referring to places like Mississippi, Alabama, Utah, and Idaho) get by if the subsidizing from these failed blue states dries up.

This is why I don't bother having discussions with him anymore. The dude has completely lost it on the MAGA Kool-Aid, then accuses others of not wanting to seek truth. The mental gymnastics from an actual cult member are incredible to witness firsthand.


The truth is that you do not present facts and when you are confronted with facts you deny reality.

Look up debt clocks by state, CA, NY, Illinois all have revenue to debt ratios over 20% or about to. The states you refer to are under 10% or so. You can parrot the stupid argument that those states "take" from them through Federal grants or whatever. But as usual you fail to look beneath the surface and fail to understand WHY. If want a tutorial I can provide you one in my own words, without Googling opinion laden articles that make up your education it seems. But that won't happen because facts threaten your whole outlook, you are invested in a false narrative.

Yes, we can all link to BIden's platform. But you can't and even more alarming Biden can't articulate that "platform".

Cult...f**k off with that simplistic old trope, Cowardly white flag wavers the both of you. But typical of the left these days.

You two sound like a couple of 14 year old school girls . :rofll:
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: American Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:36 pm

Just watched this video on FB on a white lady protester supporting BLM and the anti-white male brigade vs what I assume is a Republican guy.

She was giving it the bandwagon lyrics of "White males are the problem, privilege etc because they have all the wealth and power".

Now the other said something quite interesting which I can fully believe, he said "If America is so racist and white males are privileged then how come per capita more Indian and Asian Americans are richer than whites?"

He also said and it something I said the other week, that in America "We have the highest amount of rich or successful black people than anywhere else on earth".

I can actually believe that, Indian and Asian kids are usually higher on education grades wise etc, they come from over populated countries and the only way to get ahead if you don't have a wealthy, connected, privileged background is education.

I'd also add Jews to that category of non European whites doing well in America, I'd say per capita Jews are better off financially than white males.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 21497
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: American Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Just watched this video on FB on a white lady protester supporting BLM and the anti-white male brigade vs what I assume is a Republican guy.

She was giving it the bandwagon lyrics of "White males are the problem, privilege etc because they have all the wealth and power".

Now the other said something quite interesting which I can fully believe, he said "If America is so racist and white males are privileged then how come per capita more Indian and Asian Americans are richer than whites?"

He also said and it something I said the other week, that in America "We have the highest amount of rich or successful black people than anywhere else on earth".

I can actually believe that, Indian and Asian kids are usually higher on education grades wise etc, they come from over populated countries and the only way to get ahead if you don't have a wealthy, connected, privileged background is education.

I'd also add Jews to that category of non European whites doing well in America, I'd say per capita Jews are better off financially than white males.


In America new immigrants tend to work far harder to get ahead than many multi generational populations. That goes beyond race. It speaks to family unity and work ethic. Immigrants have to have the gumption to apply for the "golden" Green Card don't show up looking for welfare, they see opportunity they were denied at home. They usually make the most of it.

As an aside we have a huge influx of Indian doctors. And we need them,
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: American Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:00 pm

If anyone is interested in a positive message concerning these protests check out Ken Nwadike and his efforts to bridge divides. A wonderful man doing great work. Bringing reason to the insanity.
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: American Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:13 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:In America new immigrants tend to work far harder to get ahead than many multi generational populations. That goes beyond race. It speaks to family unity and work ethic. Immigrants have to have the gumption to apply for the "golden" Green Card don't show up looking for welfare, they see opportunity they were denied at home. They usually make the most of it.

As an aside we have a huge influx of Indian doctors. And we need them,


So the real problem is what everyone is afraid to say and that colour is used as an easy scape goat.

Cultural.

Bad parenting, youth culture of a particular group promoting criminal or ghetto behaviour over education or business, work ethic.

You see that's the root cause but its far easier to get into a race row, its simpler and overall more comfortable, makes better headlines and the agitators on both sides prefer it.

Also what I love about that is that the people who do want to keep to the race narrative will straight away say "Oh so your saying "black" culture is the cause ...........?" again trying to keep to the race narrative, but that's so easily run over its unreal.

Every race has multiple cultures, some races even share cultures, I could make a list of beneficial and problematic issues from every culture from around the world, its not a "black" issue, its a people issue, because everyone has it.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 21497
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: American Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:26 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:In America new immigrants tend to work far harder to get ahead than many multi generational populations. That goes beyond race. It speaks to family unity and work ethic. Immigrants have to have the gumption to apply for the "golden" Green Card don't show up looking for welfare, they see opportunity they were denied at home. They usually make the most of it.

As an aside we have a huge influx of Indian doctors. And we need them,


So the real problem is what everyone is afraid to say and that colour is used as an easy scape goat.

Cultural.

Bad parenting, youth culture of a particular group promoting criminal or ghetto behaviour over education or business, work ethic.

You see that's the root cause but its far easier to get into a race row, its simpler and overall more comfortable, makes better headlines and the agitators on both sides prefer it.

Also what I love about that is that the people who do want to keep to the race narrative will straight away say "Oh so your saying "black" culture is the cause ...........?" again trying to keep to the race narrative, but that's so easily run over its unreal.

Every race has multiple cultures, some races even share cultures, I could make a list of beneficial and problematic issues from every culture from around the world, its not a "black" issue, its a people issue, because everyone has it.


:clap: :clap:
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: American Politics

Postby VCC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:00 pm

Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Just watched this video on FB on a white lady protester supporting BLM and the anti-white male brigade vs what I assume is a Republican guy.

She was giving it the bandwagon lyrics of "White males are the problem, privilege etc because they have all the wealth and power".

Now the other said something quite interesting which I can fully believe, he said "If America is so racist and white males are privileged then how come per capita more Indian and Asian Americans are richer than whites?"

He also said and it something I said the other week, that in America "We have the highest amount of rich or successful black people than anywhere else on earth".

I can actually believe that, Indian and Asian kids are usually higher on education grades wise etc, they come from over populated countries and the only way to get ahead if you don't have a wealthy, connected, privileged background is education.

I'd also add Jews to that category of non European whites doing well in America, I'd say per capita Jews are better off financially than white males.


In America new immigrants tend to work far harder to get ahead than many multi generational populations. That goes beyond race. It speaks to family unity and work ethic. Immigrants have to have the gumption to apply for the "golden" Green Card don't show up looking for welfare, they see opportunity they were denied at home. They usually make the most of it.

As an aside we have a huge influx of Indian doctors. And we need them,

What's it cost for an imigrant to set up in the USA? There must be an associated cost.
There is a huge deference between a refugee coming in at no cost or money , to an already wealthy imigrant who pays for the pleasure has a decent career path ahead or opportunities , we see that all the time in NZ.
User avatar
VCC
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 8602
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: American Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:38 pm

VCC wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Just watched this video on FB on a white lady protester supporting BLM and the anti-white male brigade vs what I assume is a Republican guy.

She was giving it the bandwagon lyrics of "White males are the problem, privilege etc because they have all the wealth and power".

Now the other said something quite interesting which I can fully believe, he said "If America is so racist and white males are privileged then how come per capita more Indian and Asian Americans are richer than whites?"

He also said and it something I said the other week, that in America "We have the highest amount of rich or successful black people than anywhere else on earth".

I can actually believe that, Indian and Asian kids are usually higher on education grades wise etc, they come from over populated countries and the only way to get ahead if you don't have a wealthy, connected, privileged background is education.

I'd also add Jews to that category of non European whites doing well in America, I'd say per capita Jews are better off financially than white males.


In America new immigrants tend to work far harder to get ahead than many multi generational populations. That goes beyond race. It speaks to family unity and work ethic. Immigrants have to have the gumption to apply for the "golden" Green Card don't show up looking for welfare, they see opportunity they were denied at home. They usually make the most of it.

As an aside we have a huge influx of Indian doctors. And we need them,

What's it cost for an imigrant to set up in the USA? There must be an associated cost.
There is a huge deference between a refugee coming in at no cost or money , to an already wealthy imigrant who pays for the pleasure has a decent career path ahead or opportunities , we see that all the time in NZ.


Nothing but a plane ticket. I know NZ and most countries do require proof of income to avoid taking jobs from citizens. Belize is one place we looked at moving at one point and that was the case. But the crime rate there was getting out of hand in Belize City and even down in Placencia.
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: American Politics

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 pm

https://justthenews.com/government/loca ... huge-crowd


The left is eating it's own yet again. :rofll:

The problem for us in Montana is that Seattle residents are moving here in droves (as are NYC and CA refugees). The same people who voted these clowns in.
What would Nasri do? Never mind.
What would Eboue do? Fall off the stretcher.
What would Auba do? Just f***ing score.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Montana USA by way of Lewisham/Bromley UK

Re: American Politics

Postby LMAO » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:19 am

AP sources: White House aware of Russian bounties in 2019

Looks like this is going to be prevalent in the news for a while. Additional sanctions need to be imposed on Russia.

And before "but Iran did the same thing with the Taliban in 2010", Obama didn't push for Iran to be added to the G7.
Image
User avatar
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019
 
Posts: 8122
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: American Politics

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:17 am

LMAO wrote:AP sources: White House aware of Russian bounties in 2019

Looks like this is going to be prevalent in the news for a while. Additional sanctions need to be imposed on Russia.

And before "but Iran did the same thing with the Taliban in 2010", Obama didn't push for Iran to be added to the G7.


The Americans were in Afghanistan working with the Mujahideen (latterly developed into the Taliban) to kill the Russians when they were in there.

Hell, they even sent Rambo. We even sent James Bond!

But yeah anyway, I agree - Russia is acting more and more like a rogue state, and need to be sanctioned.

Funnily enough the Americans were also in Vietnam training Ho Chi Minh and his rebel army to fight the Japanese in WW2.
User avatar
Phil71
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5780
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests