British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:May lied to everyone, even the Leaver's backed her, so what?

You support a broken two MP's Lib Dem party, good luck with that.

Also you can keep banging on about Good Friday and its armageddon esque significance all you like but the fact is I'm saying I don't believe it would go back to the killings and bombings, that's just empty threats.

All the Irish terrorists are either in jail, too long in the tooth or dead, the new lot don't believe in the cause like the old guard from the 70's and 80's.

There are murals all over Belfast with slogans such as "prepared for peace, ready for war"

They are new murals, not relics

If you think they're a joke go over there and paint over one. Good luck getting home with no kneecaps

New murals? it doesn't make you a tough guy because you did a bit of graffiti.

Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:27 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:May lied to everyone, even the Leaver's backed her, so what?

You support a broken two MP's Lib Dem party, good luck with that.

Also you can keep banging on about Good Friday and its armageddon esque significance all you like but the fact is I'm saying I don't believe it would go back to the killings and bombings, that's just empty threats.

All the Irish terrorists are either in jail, too long in the tooth or dead, the new lot don't believe in the cause like the old guard from the 70's and 80's.

There are murals all over Belfast with slogans such as "prepared for peace, ready for war"

They are new murals, not relics

If you think they're a joke go over there and paint over one. Good luck getting home with no kneecaps

New murals? it doesn't make you a tough guy because you did a bit of graffiti.

......................... and?

Exactly got nothing.

What's that got to do with the fact that they broke an agreement for no reason? and what does that prove when I already agreed with you after these discussions that the GFA should be upheld?

There is no Roman triumph for you here especially if this is all you have.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:07 pm

Lol if you're happy with that what can I say?

It's indicative of what's been going on on this forum re all issues associated with brexit.

People deny that an issue is even a problem, then it becomes a very obvious problem and they either still try to deny it's a problem or try to rewrite history. More goalposts moved than Hackney Marshes having a refurb.

And btw.... still no solution from Leave backers re Northern Ireland
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:19 pm

UFGN wrote:Lol if you're happy with that what can I say?

It's indicative of what's been going on on this forum re all issues associated with brexit.

People deny that an issue is even a problem, then it becomes a very obvious problem and they either still try to deny it's a problem or try to rewrite history. More goalposts moved than Hackney Marshes having a refurb.

The difference is and my saving grace is that unlike you I change or give my opinion following an argument on facts not agenda, we discussed this and I conceded Britain should uphold the GFA (even though its holding our country hostage for the entire Brexit issue), you just can't handle or accept that I have the ability to do that and you don't, and I can quote it and you know it.

You set your stall out and don't move no matter what relevant information comes to light, I'm not that foolish.

You saying "See I told you the GFA would cause problems" and ....... I ended up agreeing with you months ago, so you literally have no stick to beat me with, you're just mad you've not been able to give me the once over because of how we started that discussion compared to how it ended .......... unlucky.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:04 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

The difference is and my saving grace is that unlike you I change or give my opinion following an argument on facts not agenda, we discussed this and I conceded Britain should uphold the GFA (even though its holding our country hostage for the entire Brexit issue), you just can't handle or accept that I have the ability to do that and you don't, and I can quote it and you know it.

You set your stall out and don't move no matter what relevant information comes to light, I'm not that foolish.

You saying "See I told you the GFA would cause problems" and ....... I ended up agreeing with you months ago, so you literally have no stick to beat me with, you're just mad you've not been able to give me the once over because of how we started that discussion compared to how it ended .......... unlucky.

Mate you change your opinion on just about everything on a daily / weekly basis due to a lack of understanding in the first place. That's not a cheap shot it's actually true.

Issues I've been absolutely certain on:

Brexit and all the associated reasons for remaining, including Northern Ireland . Why? Because I was right the first time so haven't felt the need to change my opinion

Wenger, from 2009. Why? Because I was right.

If you're accusing me of sticking to my opinions, then yes I absolutely do, when I'm certain they are right. I tend to think things though carefully before deciding my position. You should give it a go.

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:46 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Mate you change your opinion on just about everything on a daily / weekly basis due to a lack of understanding in the first place. That's not a cheap shot it's actually true.

Brexit and all the associated reasons for remaining, including Northern Ireland . Why? Because I was right the first time so haven't felt the need to change my opinion

If you're accusing me of sticking to my opinions, then yes I absolutely do, when I'm certain they are right. I tend to think things though carefully before deciding my position. You should give it a go.

Fk you old man .......... your close to bunch of fives!!!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:10 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Are you sure about that?

Want me to check back tomorrow in case you change your mind?

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:01 pm

UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Are you sure about that?

Want me to check back tomorrow in case you change your mind?

Worst still I think we're the same age, you just come across old and grumpy.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:50 am

Alex Salmond arrested and charged by Scottish police in relation to sexual harassment allegations.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:43 am

Phil71 wrote:Alex Salmond arrested and charged by Scottish police in relation to sexual harassment allegations.

Excellent work....couldn't happen to a nicer bloke! :biggrin:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:39 am

saw this letter in the paper and thought.......good point!

"Perhaps Jean Claude Junker could be persuaded to walk past every white grave stone in Normandy and say a personal thank you to to all of those British, American & Commonwealth soldiers who gave their lives, so Europe could be free.

He should also be reminded that Britain had to borrow 120 Billion dollars in 1945 to fund this freedom.

And it took the British taxpayers 61 years to repay it. I therefore suggest that the EU repay this figure first, along with all the interest we accrued from that borrowing. Only then perhaps, we can talk about paying our share of the 'bar bill'. "

Lest we forget.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Rockape wrote:saw this letter in the paper and thought.......good point!

"Perhaps Jean Claude Junker could be persuaded to walk past every white grave stone in Normandy and say a personal thank you to to all of those British, American & Commonwealth soldiers who gave their lives, so Europe could be free.

He should also be reminded that Britain had to borrow 120 Billion dollars in 1945 to fund this freedom.

And it took the British taxpayers 61 years to repay it. I therefore suggest that the EU repay this figure first, along with all the interest we accrued from that borrowing. Only then perhaps, we can talk about paying our share of the 'bar bill'. "

Lest we forget.

150+ million dead in two world wars which started in Europe

Hundreds if not thousands of years of intermittent war all over Europe

Almost total peace within the EU and it's predecessor since it's inception, with countries sorting out their differences in parliament and in court

A Brit living in Germany as an equal citizen..... a Frenchman living in Italy as an equal citizen

Togetherness within the EU is the ultimate tribute to the fallen.

UFGN

Postby Rockape » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Yeah but out means out apparently!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:18 pm

UFGN wrote:
Rockape wrote:saw this letter in the paper and thought.......good point!

Lest we forget.

150+ million dead in two world wars which started in Europe

Hundreds if not thousands of years of intermittent war all over Europe

Almost total peace within the EU and it's predecessor since it's inception, with countries sorting out their differences in parliament and in court

A Brit living in Germany as an equal citizen..... a Frenchman living in Italy as an equal citizen

Togetherness within the EU is the ultimate tribute to the fallen.

.............. or having an EU decide how we operate and trade in the world is a freedom we fought for and have now signed away without voting for it to be that way in the first place.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Rockape wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Alex Salmond arrested and charged by Scottish police in relation to sexual harassment allegations.

Excellent work....couldn't happen to a nicer bloke! :biggrin:

Attempted rape is one of the charges!

Blimey
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate