British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Michael Gove actually gave a good going in the Commons.

Just shows how terrible the two leaders are, he battered Corbyn far better than May ever has.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Michael Gove actually gave a good going in the Commons.

Just shows how terrible the two leaders are, he battered Corbyn far better than May ever has.

Has he taken the knife out of Boris' back yet?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 pm

I feel like Corbyn and the others want to set up the conservatives to take he full blame for a no deal Brexit. If it happens and chaos ensues, the opposition can say 'we didn't want it but they ignored us' and the blame will fall on the Tories and I imagine an angry public would follow that line.

The conservatives then would be hesitant to put a new leader forward who backed no deal as it is an easy stick to be beaten with yet if someone does not support no deal now then they can be hit with the stick about not delivering the #outisout Brexit.

David Davis pretty much admitted in the papers today that we are far too unprepared for a no deal Brexit and that when he saw the state of the negotiation standpoint at the beginning he knew we had no chance of getting anything. How could we have let that happen? How unprofessional can a government be!

Yet nothing is changing in government, so many unprecedented situations, incompetence from both leaders and pure madness yet it is the same soundbites and inaction. I am getting really frustrated by everything, I have been fascinated for a long time and that fascination has made me very patient but I am on the verge of exacerbation, someone needs to do something and make a real play.

What I want to know is if a no deal gets officially put off the table then will Brexiteers start pushing for a second referendum as Mays deal or a customs union would be far worse to them than remaining?

BBC reporting that May still wants to get her deal through, is she that stubborn and deluded!
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:55 pm

UFGN wrote:Corbyn is the leader of the opposition

If she won't talk to him then we have a quite different constitutional crisis. The principle of respect and a functioning professional relationship between the PM and the LOTO is vital to how our democracy works

You do realise that it's Corbyn who is refusing to talk to the Government don't you?

“The government must remove clearly once and for all the catastrophe of a no-deal exit from the European Union and all the chaos that would result from that,” Corbyn said minutes after the opposition party was defeated in the confidence vote.

Corbyn’s spokesman said that as things stood, the Labour leader would not take up May’s offer of an evening Brexit meeting.

You should get the facts before spouting your politically biased nonsense, it's becoming a bad habit for you.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:27 am

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:Corbyn is the leader of the opposition

If she won't talk to him then we have a quite different constitutional crisis. The principle of respect and a functioning professional relationship between the PM and the LOTO is vital to how our democracy works

You do realise that it's Corbyn who is refusing to talk to the Government don't you?

“The government must remove clearly once and for all the catastrophe of a no-deal exit from the European Union and all the chaos that would result from that,” Corbyn said minutes after the opposition party was defeated in the confidence vote.

Corbyn’s spokesman said that as things stood, the Labour leader would not take up May’s offer of an evening Brexit meeting.

You should get the facts before spouting your politically biased nonsense, it's becoming a bad habit for you.

Oh and I suppose you're not politically biassed? Of course you are. Biassed towards your radical, "free thinking", (bland as Rivita, standard issue) bullshit.

Shut up, you're an embarrassment

This government have a long track record of ignoring, insulting and refusing to corporate with Corbyn. They've repeatedly accused him of being a terrorist sympathiser, and refused to share intelligence briefings and other crucial information with him. Purely for political theatre and flying in the face of accepted practice and the national interest. Even if he is the instigator on this occasion, such has the Government's treatment of him been that the point still stands.

Quite aside from the fact that I very clearly used the word "if"
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:50 am

UFGN wrote:Oh and I suppose you're not politically biassed? Of course you are. Biassed towards your radical, "free thinking", (bland as Rivita, standard issue) bullshit.

This government have a long track record of ignoring, insulting and refusing to corporate with Corbyn. Even if he is the instigator on this occasion, such has the Government's treatment of him been that the point still stands

Elegant response ... you got caught blatantly lying and you respond with insults ... here's one for you

IF it was a choice between you and the stick from 'dumb as a stick' we'd get more sense out of the stick ... note I very clearly used the word "if" ....

Many posters have repeatedly called out your errors both in football comments and even more so in political comments, there is no issue with having an opinion like arseholes everyone has one, what does help is when you can support that opinion with accurate facts ... just look at your last unsupported diatribe ...

This government have a long track record of ignoring, insulting and refusing to corporate with Corbyn

Let's analyse that, the party in power ignores and talks down to the party in opposition, so is anyone surprised by that? The party in power refusing to corporate with party in opposition. They are the party in power they don't need the opposition, it's the party in opposition who need to bring their agenda to the party in power and cooperate with them. Name one thing that Corbyn has brought to the Commons that has assisted in Brexit? in fact name anything meaningful that Corbyn has done for the Country, not just talked about, in the last three years .... and please back it up with facts not just verbal diarrhea .....

The harsh truth is that Corbyn has nothing to offer on Brexit, he's had two years to present an alternative and he's presented zero, why would anyone want his input when the evidence to date is that he has nothing to say? Even so May offered him the opportunity and he rejected it, so who's at fault?
Last edited by EliteKiller on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:54 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:I feel like Corbyn and the others want to set up the conservatives to take he full blame for a no deal Brexit. If it happens and chaos ensues, the opposition can say 'we didn't want it but they ignored us' and the blame will fall on the Tories and I imagine an angry public would follow that line.

The conservatives then would be hesitant to put a new leader forward who backed no deal as it is an easy stick to be beaten with yet if someone does not support no deal now then they can be hit with the stick about not delivering the #outisout Brexit.

David Davis pretty much admitted in the papers today that we are far too unprepared for a no deal Brexit and that when he saw the state of the negotiation standpoint at the beginning he knew we had no chance of getting anything. How could we have let that happen? How unprofessional can a government be!

Yet nothing is changing in government, so many unprecedented situations, incompetence from both leaders and pure madness yet it is the same soundbites and inaction. I am getting really frustrated by everything, I have been fascinated for a long time and that fascination has made me very patient but I am on the verge of exacerbation, someone needs to do something and make a real play.

What I want to know is if a no deal gets officially put off the table then will Brexiteers start pushing for a second referendum as Mays deal or a customs union would be far worse to them than remaining?

BBC reporting that May still wants to get her deal through, is she that stubborn and deluded!

I feel that Corbyn is largely staying out of it because there isn't much to suggest, isn't much to really put forward.

He knows what a lot of us have always known. It's very difficult to sort this out because, as those on the leave side often seem to forget, there is another side to these negotiations who have their own demands and their own priorities

I really can think of no other reason why he's stayed so quiet. He is undoubtedly a Leaver himself at heart. He is just wise enough to know the reality of it is it's a shithouse.

As for leaving the Tories to take the blame, well I don't blame him. As I've said there is little he can offer anyway. It's 100% their home cooked dog shit pie. Let them eat it.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:04 am

EliteKiller wrote:
UFGN wrote:Oh and I suppose you're not politically biassed? Of course you are. Biassed towards your radical, "free thinking", (bland as Rivita, standard issue) bullshit.

This government have a long track record of ignoring, insulting and refusing to corporate with Corbyn. Even if he is the instigator on this occasion, such has the Government's treatment of him been that the point still stands

Elegant response ... you got caught blatantly lying and you respond with insults ... here's one for you

IF it was a choice between you and the stick from 'dumb as a stick' we'd get more sense out of the stick ... note I very clearly used the word "if" ....

Many posters have repeatedly called out your errors both in football comments and even more so in political comments, there is no issue with having an opinion like arseholes everyone has one, what does help is when you can support that opinion with accurate facts ... just look at your last unsupported diatribe ...

This government have a long track record of ignoring, insulting and refusing to corporate with Corbyn

Let's analyse that, the party in power ignores and talks down to the party in opposition, so is anyone surprised by that? The party in power refusing to corporate with party in opposition, they are the party in power they don't need the opposition, it's the party in opposition who need to bring their agenda to the party in power and cooperate with them. Name one thing that Corbyn has brought to the Commons that has assisted in Brexit? in fact name anything meaningful that Corbyn has done for the Country, not just talked about, in the last three years .... and please back it up with facts not just verbal diarrhea .....

Please don't accuse me of lying when I was simply passing comment on someone else's post and also qualifying my comment to aknowlage uncertainty.

Who the f**k do you think you are? Talk to me like a c*** and then complain when I insult you? Lol

For the millionth time, (I know remembering things and honest debate are not your strong points,) I don't support Corbyn. I'm a supporter of the Liberal Democrat Party.

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:00 am

Listening to May calling on other MPs to work in the "national interest" is stomach churning

Her party have acted entirely in their self interest since the very start of Brexit. It's all been about them and their internal squabbles

UFGN

Postby LMAO » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:00 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
LMAO wrote:So cancel Article 50 or crash out of the EU on March 29 without a deal. Those are the two realistic options now?

No, at this stage they'll ask for an extension after the blood letting is complete in two weeks time and then the EU will likely grant it but at a fee, either that or they'll gamble on us cancelling it but that could bite them badly if it goes wrong.

Not many leaders will have the balls to cancel article 50 until a mandate is won by either Con's or Labour, any sudden moves now one way or another and the electorate will go beserk.

You keep saying this, but the EU has already said they will only extend the exit deadline for extraordinary reasons. I still think we go out of the EU with no deal by default. Eveyone, from every side, be it the heads of state to the members of the house are too pig headed.

After reading a summary of the situation, I agree.

There's no reason for the EU to extend the deadline if there isn't a GE or a second referendum (I don't think the VoNC will pass anyway, so no GE, and May's too stubborn with her deal to change it or call for a 2nd ref). The UK has had two years, if they couldn't come up with a passable deal by now, six more months or however long isn't going to change anything with the current gov't. The EU holds all the cards, and they've always held all the cards.

I think the UK will end up leaving with no deal on March 29, unless Parliament wants to revoke Article 50 during the eleventh hour (but it may be political suicide for the Tories) or call for a second referendum.

You lot are talking proper sh*t in all honesty.

"Why would the EU extend article 50" ......... because their worst nightmare is a No Deal Britain that's why.

Fine, watch and see, Parliament will NOT allow No Deal, they have made that clear as day, the EU are not ready for it and their entire market of businesses will lose their sh*t if over night the profitable British customer market doesn't want their goods because their prices are no longer competitive, UK kicks France out of our fishing waters, Gibraltar cuts off from Europe and Ireland has a border go up because we're out of the Customs union.

............... how much more clear do I have to make it?

No Deal is not happening.

We'll either have three things, an extension of Article 50 which is already being demanded, a Deal scurried together like Norway (unlikely in time) or a cancellation of the whole thing to Remain.

If the EU are being stubborn about extending its because its a calculated gamble of playing chicken, they know Parliament won't allow No Deal so they're betting we cancel Brexit instead, if it looks like No Deal will happen then watch the EU hand us an extension on a silver plate right before the deadline.

They can play political cat and mouse all they want, but the end results are clear as day.

Humorous how we're talking shit while you simultaneously act like you're an expert.

While both parties lose with No Deal, the UK needs the EU more than the EU needs the UK, thus it's not unreasonable to say the EU holds the cards. And besides, the EU didn't vote to kick the UK out, so there's no reason for them to be held hostage over the dipshits in Parliament. It's 2019, not 1900. The British Empire is dead. The UK doesn't have the clout of America, China, or even Russia to be making demands.

Your PMs can demand an extension of Article 50 all they want, but the EU has made it clear there won't be an extension without May shifting her red line, which she doesn't appear to be in favor of doing. So we can throw that out the window for now. Then there's the revoking of A50, but will Parliament have the votes? Would they even have the votes for May's deal if it came down to that or No Deal? Based on what's happened thus far, No Deal Brexit seems like the likely scenario due to the sheer incompetence of your government (a lot of it stemming from no uniform meaning of the type of Brexit). Maybe you can get a Norway or a Switzerland deal a few years after March 29 when May is no longer PM.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:01 am

UFGN wrote:Listening to May calling on other MPs to work in the "national interest" is stomach churning

Her party have acted entirely in their self interest since the very start of Brexit. It's all been about them and their internal squabbles

Party over country. Happens here too with the Republicans.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:37 am

UFGN wrote:Listening to May calling on other MPs to work in the "national interest" is stomach churning

Feckin' hell UFGN this is a stretch even for someone as biased as you .....

Let's look at the facts -

Two years ago the UK Electorate voted to LEAVE the European Union, over those two years Theresa May and the Conservatives have attempted to reach a Deal with the EU so that vote can be upheld ... of course they've made a complete an utter bollocks of it from day one, now that's surely something you, me and everyone else, albeit from different viewpoints, can agree on ... but you can't deny that at least they tried.

During those two years the opposition lead by the idiot Corbyn have done what? Knowing like we all did that the government was feckin' it up did they offer to work together? well no they didn't. Knowing like we all did that the government was feckin' it up did they prepare their own alternate Leave plan, one that could be put to the parliament once the Conservatives fecked up? well no of course they didn't ..

and now to quote you "have acted entirely in their own self interest since the very start of Brexit" they are holding the voters to ransom by refusing to assist with Brexit, instead, and entirely in their own self interest, they are trying to force an early GE ... just what the Country doesn't need at this point in time ...

What we need is the elected morons in parliament to work together on sorting Brexit ... not yet more pathetic political posturing ... much as it might hurt your weak intestines, working together in the National interest is exactly what the c**** on all sides should be doing ...

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black ... now where's that stump gone we need to raise the level of debate on this site ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:37 am

EliteKiller wrote:

Feckin' hell UFGN this is a stretch even for someone as biased as you .....

Let's look at the facts -

Two years ago the UK Electorate voted to LEAVE the European Union, over those two years Theresa May and the Conservatives have attempted to reach a Deal with the EU so that vote can be upheld ... of course they've made a complete an utter bollocks of it from day one, now that's surely something you, me and everyone else, albeit from different viewpoints, can agree on ... but you can't deny that at least they tried.

During those two years the opposition lead by the idiot Corbyn have done what? Knowing like we all did that the government was feckin' it up did they offer to work together? well no they didn't. Knowing like we all did that the government was feckin' it up did they prepare their own alternate Leave plan, one that could be put to the parliament once the Conservatives fecked up? well no of course they didn't ..

and now to quote you "have acted entirely in their own self interest since the very start of Brexit" they are holding the voters to ransom by refusing to assist with Brexit, instead, and entirely in their own self interest, they are trying to force an early GE ... just what the Country doesn't need at this point in time ...

What we need is the elected morons in parliament to work together on sorting Brexit ... not yet more pathetic political posturing ... much as it might hurt your weak intestines, working together in the National interest is exactly what the c**** on all sides should be doing ...

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black ... now where's that stump gone we need to raise the level of debate on this site ....

You still can't get it into your head that I don't support Corbyn can you?

It's like you're desperate to have a Corbynite to snipe at, and because I oppose the Tories I'm the closest you can find.

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:58 am

The Tories have acted in blatant self interest. Well in fact a mix of self interest, self indulgence and ill discipline

The referendum itself was because they were running scared of UKIP. They didn't do it for the love of democracy, they did it to save their own skin.

Then throughout the process we've had posturing, back stabbing, and internal fighting from them when they are supposed to be running the country

The cherry on top was that General Election in 2017. Incredible. Blatant self interest, dressed up badly as the national interest.

They're an apalling heap of c****

UFGN

Postby Rockape » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:26 am

I'm going back to this comment and ignoring the following squabbling, as this sums it up quite nicely. No wonder DD dropped out, because as he stated, we spent all those months debating what leave would or wouldn't mean, with wild theories on both sides.... but no one ever had a clue as to what deal we could negotiate. Once the bomb dropped and everyone stopped staring at each other open mouthed, we approached the EU to start negotiations.

Of course by that time, they had got together and worked out a hardball approach. So with 26 determined countries lined up against our country, no negotiator ever stood a chance. Despite TM being ridiculed and lambasted for her failure to secure what everyone wants, there probably isn't a single person in the country that would have achieved anything much better.

In terms of 'how could we let this happen?'.....well we are in totally uncharted waters where the whole process has taken years, with changes of personel along the way. Just last week, we had no idea what would happen this week, so trying to second guess the negotiations before the Brexit result would have been pointless.

So if nothing else, it will go down in history as a massive lesson for future governments, to never trust the people again!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate