British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:I think May is trying to engineer a scenario where it's parliament who decide to have a second referendum rather than her, so that she can distance herself from it

You mean so she can back track on another "Absolutely not" scenario.

Only be the 4th one this month but whatever.

I have to admire her, she's done a good job at fronting out the absolute nuclear waste site that has become her leadership.

Found in contempt of Parliament, revoked her vote on the final deal, said no change to the deal yet jets off to Brussels with her begging bowl taking insults from Junker, had to endure the embarrassment of being almost ousted by her own party.

........... and that's just the last two weeks lol, the lady has more front than Brighton beach, it must pay very well to be an EU shill.

Yes I think even she wouldn't have the nads to just come right out and call a referendum now. She needs it to be someone else's decision
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Theresa May thinks she's funny but her hand is all but played out.

Whenever she doesn't get her way she leaks to the media that "We're upping our preparations for No Deal", you mean like when you said "No deal is better than a bad deal" then you went away and only offered us a bad deal?

No, what she's doing is trying to scare Remainer's in Parliament to back her sh*tty plan but Parliament have banded together enough now to not fall for that crap or even worse, they think they have the numbers in Parliament to oust her if she tried to push No deal, they're not scared of her anymore.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:44 pm

Corbyn has tabled a motion of no confidence in the Prime Minister.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Phil71 wrote:Corbyn has tabled a motion of no confidence in the Prime Minister.

:1990_dancing.gif:

Like I said ............ she's got more front than Brighton beach.

What sort of fkin two weeks is that for a Gov't, having to be rescued by Jeremy fkin Corbyn of all people.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

What sort of fkin two weeks is that for a Gov't, having to be rescued by Jeremy fkin Corbyn of all people.

It’s only a motion of no confidence in her at the moment.

But if he’s successful in that, he may feel confident enough to table a vote of no confidence in the government. Which could lead to an early GE.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:26 pm

He'd win a GE right now. Despite poor polling figures for him personally, I think he'd probably win
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:53 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

But if he’s successful in that, he may feel confident enough to table a vote of no confidence in the government. Which could lead to an early GE.

Yeah I just noticed, more fannying around.

The current state of our politicians is appalling.

I'll say this for May she is like the Teflon Don, can't be brought down, the last two weeks would of usually been enough two end to Prime Ministers careers let alone one.

Honestly its because as much as everyone hates the deal / situation, no one wants the hot seat.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:06 pm

UFGN wrote:TWO QUESTION REFERENDUM

EVERYONE CAN ANSWER BOTH QUESTIONS, REGARDLESS OF THEIR ANSWER IN QUESTION 1.

QUESTION ONE

LEAVE

REMAIN

-----------------------------------------------------

QUESTION TWO

(IN THE EVENT OF LEAVE WINNING:)

MAY'S DEAL

NO DEAL

This is what I have been thinking for months.

People are allowed to change their mind.
We were lied to and woefully unprepared (there should have been at least 5 years of research and debate before the refeendum)
Proceedings have shown we have had no idea what to do and have handled what we did do horribly

Once we are out we cannot get back in (as entry terms are an absolute no no now) and we can try again in 10 years or so when we really get our economy strong and have a proper plan.

No deal is the worst of all scenarios

These are all reasons why I don't buy into this 'second referendum is an affront' argument. Giving everything that has happened a second referendum is the mature thing to do and we need, as a country and a government to be grown up about this. Put the vote to the people, with the above questions, I guarantee that turnout will be historic and lets see what this country really wants when all has been laid before us.

This government have to be the worse I have ever seen. I am so angry with them, and labour to a significant extent but mostly the government. I don't know what they are playing at.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:25 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Yeah I just noticed, more fannying around.

The current state of our politicians is appalling.

I'll say this for May she is like the Teflon Don, can't be brought down, the last two weeks would of usually been enough two end to Prime Ministers careers let alone one.

Honestly its because as much as everyone hates the deal / situation, no one wants the hot seat.

It’s a poisoned chalice.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Lol, apparently the ERG are saying they will vote that they have "confidence in May" in the vote of no confidence. All this as well started by a man who got battered in a no confidence vote and still refused to leave. You couldn't make it up.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:49 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Lol, apparently the ERG are saying they will vote that they have "confidence in May" in the vote of no confidence. All this as well started by a man who got battered in a no confidence vote and still refused to leave. You couldn't make it up.

They may not like May, but they’d stand beside her to put one in Corbyn’s eye every day of the week.

And rightly so.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:46 am

Theresa May, so obvious.

Ramping up the "No Deal" talk to frighten and pressure MP's to back her deal when she's made it perfectly clear before that she'd sooner call off Brexit than have No Deal.

When you say things like .............

"No one wants No deal", "No deal is the worst of all scenarios that's why we need a deal" and Parliament being adamant they'll never allow a Hard Brexit, does she really think anyone's falling for this?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm

She doesn't need parliamentary approval for hard Brexit.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:She doesn't need parliamentary approval for hard Brexit.

They voted for Parliaments approval on the final deal, admittedly in the case of hard Brexit = No Deal, but I don't know how far Parliaments remit reaches into what result we end up with.

i.e, can they force the Gov't to have a vote on approving No Deal as the course of action?

Seems strange they'd accept a meaningful vote but not for No Deal, also if No Deal is approaching that useless dork on the oppositions front bench may actually grow some balls and put in an "official" vote of no confidence.

It'll get messy way before Parliament is dragged kicking and screaming into No Deal, not even May wants it so Leaver's shouldn't get their hopes up for it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:34 pm

Nope. Come 29th March, the outcome of a hard Brexit is then out of the hands of the government, parliament or the UK as a whole. Come 29th of March, all power goes to Europe. Should they decide on no further negotiations, or feel it is a pointless exercise, the UK's E.U membership will be revoked (with or without its consent).

The E.U's current stance is that any extension of article 50, will only be considered if it's "a good reason, and is in the interests of only the E.U ".

The part of article 50 concerning the rule:

3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.

Unanimous.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate