British Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: British Politics

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:11 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:JRM is a scumbag. A thug in a morning suit. People are only interested in him because he's a cartoon character

Aside from his personal beliefs which are pathetic, here is a man who has spent his parliamentary career to date filibustering and sabotaging legislation he doesn't personally agree with. An anti-democratic bully.

The man lives in a feckin castle with his childhood Nanny. I'm not a fan if digging into people's private lives but seeing the obscene way Corbyn has been treated, it's fair game

Corbyn is labelled an extremist, a communist yadayada..... well I ask you then if Mogg isn't an extremist as well, what is he?

A homophobic, religious extremist, capitalist extremist and oppressor of democracy.

A man who doesn't agree with your views is a scumbag and a bully. Religious extremist! What laughable nonsense.

And criticising him for taking care of an elderly lady who worked for his family!

You're a classic example of the intolerance of the left.

He's a scumbag and a bully and that is precisely why I disagree with him

Religious extremist..... if a woman is raped she should be denied an abortion because it would make god angry
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:23 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:JRM is a scumbag. A thug in a morning suit. People are only interested in him because he's a cartoon character

Aside from his personal beliefs which are pathetic, here is a man who has spent his parliamentary career to date filibustering and sabotaging legislation he doesn't personally agree with. An anti-democratic bully.

The man lives in a feckin castle with his childhood Nanny. I'm not a fan if digging into people's private lives but seeing the obscene way Corbyn has been treated, it's fair game

Corbyn is labelled an extremist, a communist yadayada..... well I ask you then if Mogg isn't an extremist as well, what is he?

A homophobic, religious extremist, capitalist extremist and oppressor of democracy.

A man who doesn't agree with your views is a scumbag and a bully. Religious extremist! What laughable nonsense.

And criticising him for taking care of an elderly lady who worked for his family!

Religious extremist..... if a woman is raped she should be denied an abortion because it would make god angry

He's not in a position to deny a woman an abortion and has never said he would.

His position is that human life begins at the point of conception. It's a view that billions of people in the world share. It's not a view that I agree with in regard to abortion, but I'm tolerant enough of their views so as not to regard them as 'scumbags'.

I think your irrational hatred of his privileged background is clouding your judgement. He comes across to me as a decent enough fellow.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

His position is that human life begins at the point of conception. It's a view that billions of people in the world share. It's not a view that I agree with in regard to abortion, but I'm tolerant enough of their views so as not to regard them as 'scumbags'.

I think your irrational hatred of his privileged background is clouding your judgement. He comes across to me as a decent enough fellow.

My irrational hated of his privilaged background.... Ok you think it's unreasonable that I would point out how far removed he is from the lives of the vast majority of his supporters?

We have now and in the past had lots of wealthy and privileged politicians but he is at the extreme end of it.

Tony Benn was wealthy and from aristocracy. He turned town his title and showed real compassion for poor people. I respect that

Please don't try to sanatise Mogg's views. They are revolting and make him unfit for office. I'm going to reiterate.... he believes that if a woman is RAPED, she should forced to have the baby
... cos god tho

SMH
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:47 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

My irrational hated of his privilaged background.... Ok you think it's unreasonable that I would point out how far removed he is from the lives of the vast majority of his supporters?

We have now and in the past had lots of wealthy and privileged politicians but he is at the extreme end of it.

Tony Benn was wealthy and from aristocracy. He turned town his title and showed real compassion for poor people. I respect that

Please don't try to sanatise Mogg's views. They are revolting and make him unfit for office. I'm going to reiterate.... he believes that if a woman is RAPED, she should forced to have the baby
... cos god tho

SMH

You can repeat it all you like - he's never said it.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

... cos god tho

SMH

Sorry what? I'm going to give you a chance to find the quote yourself and withdraw that because I can't believe you'd be that ignorant

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Oh dear

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Btw regarding his "assurences" that he wouldn't impose his extremist views while in government......

He’s a practising Catholic and has stated that as an MP he takes his whip "from the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church, not the Whip's Office".

BT.com

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:41 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

... cos god tho

SMH

lol at this back and forth ........... yes RG and Phil, this is what I mean in a nutshell, this is why he can't run for office in this day and age. :lol:

On that last comment about the rape, UFGN is right in that instance, I saw an interview in Youtube where he was asked that very question and his response was ........ "I believe in what the Catholic church's doctrine states" the interviewer said "Well the church feels abortion is wrong even in case of rape, so is that what you believe" and he repeated "I share the beliefs dictated by the Church, yes"

However I do agree with you on that point, just because this is his personal belief does not mean he's willing to inflict it on the nation.

UFGN is obviously and for what he sees as genuine reason anti-Catholic, its a bit hard to argue to get him to "be tolerant" of a religion who feels he and his ilk are destined for hell lol.

That's like asking a black man to be down with the KKK.

Some things are probably a bridge too far.

That fact of the matter is where I see it as refreshing that JRM is a man of conviction and unshakable faith in the difference of today's rats who'd disown their own mother if they felt it would "get them ahead" his profile as I stated earlier is way wide of being able to get past the intense scrutiny and name and shame of today's pathetic standards.

Donald Trump has possibly more chance of becoming Prime Minister over JRM ......... for the simple fact that JRM ticks every triggered box an SJW could even imagine and possibly some an SJW didn't even know they had.

My personal view is JRM is one of the most capable men in Parliament and his fillerbusting is god damn hilarious, however .......... I don't trust him, he's like the God of the "Old boys club" and I'm not here to prop up a bunch of Elitist private school millionaires.

In the right position JRM would give the Rothchilds a run for their money, he's that insidious and capable.

Tbf he'd probably crush the EU have them wailing for mercy if he were in charge.

You know and he know's that Britain owns the Atlantic fly zones lol, that our Navy could enforce all our waters and resources, that the intelligence data base the EU want to charge us to use, we put more intel into that database these back water bastards in Spain etc use than anyone else, that we buy way more from the EU than they buy from us.

.............. its a shame we didn't have a capable Leave Prime Minister, I would of liked to have seen what Britain really could of achieved in the scope of a global deal, would of been a clear choice between that situation or simply Remain because Leave would of had the best go at it and then we'd of had a real comparison put to us.

Oh well.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:44 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

... cos god tho

SMH

Sorry what? I'm going to give you a chance to find the quote yourself and withdraw that because I can't believe you'd be that ignorant

You may not agree with his views, but he expresses them very clearly, and doesn’t try to hide them - and doesn’t aim to force them on anyone.

If you think he is unfit for public office due to his Christian beliefs, then you must also believe that Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists are equally unfit, because their teachings and beliefs in regard to abortion are just the same.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE6WC_BVZ4Q
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Phil71 wrote:

You may not agree with his views, but he expresses them very clearly, and doesn’t try to hide them - and doesn’t aim to force them on anyone.

UFGN wrote:Btw regarding his "assurences" that he wouldn't impose his extremist views while in government......

He’s a practising Catholic and has stated that as an MP he takes his whip "from the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church, not the Whip's Office".

BT.com

UFGN

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:37 pm

UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

UFGN wrote:Btw regarding his "assurences" that he wouldn't impose his extremist views while in government......

BT.com

As he says, even if he did suggest it, (which he has also said he has no inclination to do), it wouldn’t get past the democratic rule of Parliament.

So your suggestion that he would force anyone to do anything is rubbish.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Phil71 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

He is a very polite chap. Anytime he gets someone like UFGN having an angry rant at him, he approaches them (often by getting off his podium) as a gentleman to listen to their blind raving and then intelligently deconstructs their primitive "I don't like you so you are not allowed to speak" arguments so effortlessly.

He would be an excellent PM should he ever take up the cup.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:27 pm

If there was a 2nd referendum I'd be very tempted to vote this time and if I did unless something changes I'd vote Remain, why?

Because even though I believe in our independence and that Parliament should be 100% sovereign to the vote of the people only ...................

Brexit has become a bit tarnished for me, one is because it seems what's fuelled a lot of this if I'm going to speak plainly is a lot of "Old English" think that by us leaving the EU that'll it'll stop immigration .......... fact is it won't, May is telling everyone "Free movement will stop" yes we won't be legally bound to accept any EU citizen, but that does not mean the Gov't is going to actually stop taking in immigrants, either party, so that's a fools gold and also its not sensible reason over lets say what's best for the economy .......... which leads me onto reason no2.

The Brexit champions have done two things which are completely unforgivable, one, is they tucked tails and ran away when they realised they had won, Farage, Boris Johnson, David Davis, all of them slunk into the shadows.
They left a Remainer to sort out their Brexit and on the subject of the economy .......... 2 years later and we've not had one outline or detail of how Britain would look as a Canada style deal or WTO rules, they've not run any scenarios to say what we'll do and how it will benefit, just hypothetical's and barely even that.

All they've done apart from sherk their responsibilities is say what they don't want, that's easy, but they're not telling us what "No Deal" looks like, Remainer's say "No Deal" will be a disaster and I'm not hearing anything from Leave MP's on why it wouldn't be.

So, when May's deal gets voted down in Parliament and if it does go to the people to break the deadlock, I hope Remain win.

Brexit had its chance to be something great and they've blown it, they can't even get the 42 or 48 letters of no confidence in May because none of them want the job, all ideas and no substance doesn't work for me.

At this point in time Brexit and this "Get on with it" attitude just show's me this is not a decision taken for the good of the country because Leave haven't even shown us a plan for a "No Deal" economy, that sort of business planning wouldn't even get you a bank loan.

I used to be annoyed that I felt Remain were undermining our democracy fighting the result of the people, but the fact is whether that's true or not, Leave have offered no details over these 2 years .......... so my choice would be Remain or nothing, that sort of decision writes itself.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:08 pm

Farage I am sure started with good Intentions but in the end seems to have become to fixitated with his ego and getting the limelight, batten actually seems a man of honour, someone that would take it on and make proper deciosns.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Phil71 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:50 pm

It’s a farce.

No Brexit deal would get through Parliament, no matter who proposes it. Even if by some miracle Corbyn’s Labour were to get into government and present a brexit deal, the other parties would vote it down.

Let’s just stop this nonsense and have another referendum. I’ve absolutely no doubt the result would be remain, and this whole embarrassing episode can be put to bed.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate