American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Yago » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:27 am

Wtf are you talking about, violence? These are peaceful protests.

How is it a negative action exactly, anymore than protesting always is? (since protesting means thinking there is something wrong)
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am

Yago wrote:Wtf are you talking about, violence? These are peaceful protests.

You're an idiot.

Try reading a sentence properly ffs.

What is this day care?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 am

your post doesn't make any sense
Yago

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:08 am

Neither did your comment.

I'm not explaining myself, go back and read what you were commenting on but read the whole sentence again that I wrote not just some selective words you wanted to hear.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:29 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:It will cause an uproar = hate, racism, anger toward a minority who is getting enough of that already.

Not sure why that's not coming across to you (especially in the situation your living in), its a negative action, which will invite further negativity.

Am I the only one who gets that?

They say violence begets violence well in this case deliberate aggravation will cause aggravation in return and oh look .......... we get the United States round about now.

........ and that's the road you want to continue down? good luck to the lot of you.

No I get it, but that is just a f***ing stupid reason to not like it. This is a social injustice situation, of course things like this and any type of protest really is going to ruffle some feathers, you don't refrain yourself from doing certain protest because it's going to piss people off, the majority of the people it's pissing off are probably the ones they're fighting against, your logic or whatever the f**k you call that is flawed. At this point, I think you're just arguing for the sake of it, cause you really don't have a valid reason or point at all, and your reasoning seems to be changing. I don't think you really know what you believe.

There are two sides that don't like each other, and one side is a bad side, meaning the racist fucks in this country, and you're worried about pissing the racist people off with a simple, non-violent protest. Think about that for a min. :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Well that's what we don't agree on.

You may be american but I see lots of people on the net etc and their reasoning has nothing to do with standing up for police brutality or that they're annoyed about African Americans protesting (obviously some are).

The people I'm seeing are people who feel its disrespectful to the nation and the armed forces and these are obviously people passionate about being patriotic.
People who are annoyed that well paid athletes are bringing politics into their Sunday game entertainment, which is entirely understandable, can people not be neutral on their day off?
Mothers and fathers who's family serve in the military or public services who feel slighted by the display against what they perceive as the forces anthem.

So you can say what you will, but those people feel that way, and those are the ones the players are making an enemy of.

Your explanation that "The people who don't like it are the racist ones" is a farce, its not true, not the majority anyway, even if it was 50/50 your still making new enemies instead of gaining traction and influence among american's

But again I'll say it for the last time, keep sewing your seeds of division, America will be an interesting but not so nice place in 10 years from now if this racial obsession continues.

I've noticed that yes there has always been a Far right which has been largely sidelined as fringe for many years, but now I've seen a rise in the Far Left in the US who's whole agenda is to whip up causes to fight for, whether it be feminism, African american injustice, anti-republican whatever it is.

The problem with these guys is that they are habitual trouble makers who have at their core a communist style agenda, this has made the Far right stronger in opposition ......... bit like the 1960's.

I don't envy you guys.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Where'd you read that, Breitbart?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:31 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Well that's what we don't agree on.

You may be american but I see lots of people on the net etc and their reasoning has nothing to do with standing up for police brutality or that they're annoyed about African Americans protesting (obviously some are).

The people I'm seeing are people who feel its disrespectful to the nation and the armed forces and these are obviously people passionate about being patriotic.
People who are annoyed that well paid athletes are bringing politics into their Sunday game entertainment, which is entirely understandable, can people not be neutral on their day off?
Mothers and fathers who's family serve in the military or public services who feel slighted by the display against what they perceive as the forces anthem.

Or simply put, fox news viewers. It isn't disrespectful to the armed forced or the nation at all, that's simply garbage spouted by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, and even he's starting to question this weird attitude.
It's funny conservaties are always all about "MAH FREE SPEECH" when it concerns neonazis giving talks at universities, but as soon as a black man dares make a statement they don't like it's them being disrespectful and their speech should be suppressed.

This whole patriotic bullshit of waving flags and playing the national anthem before any sports game (not just any game played by the usa national team) is idiotic to begin with, but people now twisting someone kneeling during an anthem as insulting the armed forces is simply retarded.

Wasn't it in this topic someone mentioned members of the armed forces not minding the protests at all, but in the contrary being annoyed by people constantly using them for their political bullshit?

And no, people can not be "neutral on their day off" when they are being discriminated against on a daily basis. They are trying to disturb the status quo because the status quo is not acceptable.
Yago

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:20 am

Yago wrote:Or simply put, fox news viewers. It isn't disrespectful to the armed forced or the nation at all

It's funny conservaties are always all about "MAH FREE SPEECH" when it concerns neonazis giving talks at universities, but as soon as a black man dares make a statement they don't like it's them being disrespectful and their speech should be suppressed.

This whole patriotic bullshit of waving flags and playing the national anthem before any sports game (not just any game played by the usa national team) is idiotic to begin with

And no, people can not be "neutral on their day off" when they are being discriminated against on a daily basis. They are trying to disturb the status quo because the status quo is not acceptable.

This is why this isn't going to get resolved, because of people like you.

Everything you listed above is YOU telling other people what's what, what people should think, how they should feel.

Not appreciating at all or accepting that, that is not how THEY feel about it.

I do a lot of historical study, there have been people like you before (intolerant) and there will be people like you again ........... there has always been only one way to deal with the likes of yourselves and your already seeing it in the states.

I saw two things today which I found disturbing if I had a dog in this fight.

One Michael Bennett saying "We won't stop protesting unless Kapernick gets hired" now I can only imagine what the opposing side think of that, even Stephen A Smith said "Kapernick wasn't playing well that's why they don't want him".

Second I saw a video of a cop beating up an African American, now the black guy was acting rather strange and I'm not sure what happened just before the arrest however ....... the policeman got on top of him when he had already surrendered and started ground and pounding the guy.

I mean what sort of fkin yahoo country are you running over there? the police can arrest and restrain you, they are not allowed to beat you up ffs! your courts, your Gov are fked beyond repair to allow that sort of thing to happen .......... good fkin luck to you.

Also like what Jamie Fox said on First Take .......... where is the Gov in all this? (both sides).

You guys are so screwed.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:03 pm

I'm not telling people how they should think, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in their current way of thinking. And sorry for me not appreciating people being racist, if that's what you were getting at. No, not all views are equal. That's what it comes down to. People like you can say "let's discuss it with both parties and come to an understanding" all the time, talk about both sides needing to do better, but the fact is 1 side is just wrong.
Yago

Postby Slick » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:48 pm

I find it extremely hypocritical when people complain that they don't want their politics mixed with sports.

Stop playing the effing national anthem before every sporting event and especially stop with the military flyovers before kickoff. It's not North Korea or Nazi Germany.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:20 pm

Yago wrote:I'm not telling people how they should think, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in their current way of thinking. And sorry for me not appreciating people being racist, if that's what you were getting at. No, not all views are equal. That's what it comes down to. People like you can say "let's discuss it with both parties and come to an understanding" all the time, talk about both sides needing to do better, but the fact is 1 side is just wrong.

If you were talking about the Far Right then I would agree, but a lot of people swept up in this i.e your avge joe is not Far Right ......... and they don't like it either.

I can't remember the last time America was this divided, maybe the 60's?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Slick wrote:I find it extremely hypocritical when people complain that they don't want their politics mixed with sports.

Stop playing the effing national anthem before every sporting event and especially stop with the military flyovers before kickoff. It's not North Korea or Nazi Germany.

Agreed!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:41 am

Republicans on November 9, 2016: Get over Hillary; Trump won!
Republicans on October 30, 2017: Clinton's buttery males! Fallen comrade Ben Ghazi! Uranium One!

Talk about being obsessed. She's living in their heads rent free while the Mueller investigation is starting to get extra spicy.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Zenith » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Trump's pick for the nation's top environmental advisor -

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate